What/Who would you like to see the Packers draft?

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm really hoping we get a steal with Smallwood and Baptiste. I'm also excited to see what we do for TE or WR.

Smallwood will likely be there in the 3rd round, and I agree. He was rated the #2 ILB behind Mosley until he went gimp before the combine and everyone wow'ed over Borland.

Borland's got the instincts and the desire, but he just doesn't have the measurables. Smallwood could be a great pick, and if we got Baptiste with the other 3rd round compensatory pick, that'd be a home run.

I'm hoping either Tuitt, Kyle Van Noy or Seferian Jenkins in round 2, although rumors about Jenkins' coachability have surfaced. hard to know whether to take them seriously.

D

Deleted member 6794

Smallwood will likely be there in the 3rd round, and I agree. He was rated the #2 ILB behind Mosley until he went gimp before the combine and everyone wow'ed over Borland.

Borland's got the instincts and the desire, but he just doesn't have the measurables. Smallwood could be a great pick, and if we got Baptiste with the other 3rd round compensatory pick, that'd be a home run.

I'm hoping either Tuitt, Kyle Van Noy or Seferian Jenkins in round 2, although rumors about Jenkins' coachability have surfaced. hard to know whether to take them seriously.

I really like Smallwood, I think he will be on the board on Saturday though. With the way the first round has worked out I expect Thompson to use his next two picks on a TE and a WR, maybe even trading up to get another second round pick.

PaCkRat23

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Would love to see Austin Seferian-Jenkins go at 53 to the pack! Stretches the field; jimmy graham like attributes; would be a better option that quarless!

PaCkRat23

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are there any specific positions or players you want to see the Packers focus on in the 2014 draft?

Austin Seferian-Jenkins would be a NICE pick at 53! Big bodied kid that blocks well and stretches the field. If Kony Ealy fell that would make alot sense as well.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

Austin Seferian-Jenkins would be a NICE pick at 53! Big bodied kid that blocks well and stretches the field. If Kony Ealy fell that would make alot sense as well.

I would be fine with either of the TE grades in the second round, don't think Ealy will drop to #53.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Borland's got the instincts and the desire, but he just doesn't have the measurables.
I agree with Mike Mayock on Borland; forget the measurables and just trust the film, the production.

Borland is by far my favorite guy for us to take tonight, but I bet he's gone before our 2nd round pick.

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Would love to see Austin Seferian-Jenkins go at 53 to the pack! Stretches the field; jimmy graham like attributes; would be a better option that quarless!

I would be much happier with Fiedorowicz in the third round. A real all-purpose TE and football player. Better value a round later. A Heath Miller clone. He boosts the run game as a blocker and still provides a nifty receiving threat. Keeps defenses guessing. Think this makes a lot of sense with the offense becoming more balanced in terms of run/pass. Lets Aaron do some things in play-action. He's not Jimmy Graham-spectacular but he's a tight end that moves the sticks. Continue to develop Bostick as a receiving TE.

http://footballmemo.com/2014/05/draft-profile-series-c-j-fiedorowicz/

Last edited:

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really like Smallwood, I think he will be on the board on Saturday though. With the way the first round has worked out I expect Thompson to use his next two picks on a TE and a WR, maybe even trading up to get another second round pick.

What if he traded up for marquise lee? That would be interesting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score

My way of thinking Ted has to move up in round 2 and either get Louis Nix DT from Notre Dame or Amaro from Texas Tech. Seferian Jenkins just has too many 'what ifs' for me.

D

Deleted member 6794

I agree with Mike Mayock on Borland; forget the measurables and just trust the film, the production.

Borland is by far my favorite guy for us to take tonight, but I bet he's gone before our 2nd round pick.

Borland lacks speed, range and arm lenght. Packers shouldn´t think about drafting him.

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Been watching them for years? Are you a fan? I'm just asking because I'd like to hear a fans input on Nix III

I am a fan, been a fan since Weis went there, and I was raised around Notre Dame fans. So I was either watching or hearing about the game from about age 8 on. Nix to me was the best D-Lineman in the draft for the simple reason that he didn't have the effort issues Clowney does. If you watch Nix in his Junior year when healthy he is why Te'O was a heisman finalist, the O-Lineman couldn't get to him because of Nix. He would've been a PERFECT fit as a NT in our 3-4. I hated that we lost a shot at him in the third 2 picks before us.

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Shembo is a day 3 pick while I would be shocked if Calabrese is drafted at all.

I can see Carlo not getting drafted either. I posted in another thread that I'd offer a UFA to him. I just like his size and attitude on the field. We need mean angry guys on D, and from a temperament/angry style of play standpoint he reminds me of Packer great Ray Nitschke.

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They actually play a lot alike. They're also twins. What I like most about Brian is that he's shown more special teams ability. Also as a gunner. They're both good in their respective league and both may be drafted on day 3. I would take Bryan personally for immediate special teams production but there may be more starter potential in Brandon.

Where did these guys and up going? Anyone hear anything about them?

Members online

Latest posts