What/Who would you like to see the Packers draft?

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess the Packers are thinking about bringing one or maybe both of them in as undrafted free agents. Don´t think one of them will be drafted.

Wouldn't surprise me to see them regarded as the kind of UDFAs that multiple teams try to sign. They may draw enough interest for a decent signing bonus or workout bonus or whatever you want to call it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 6794

Wouldn't surprise me to see them regarded as the kind of UDFAs that multiple teams try to sign. They may draw enough interest for a decent signing bonus or workout bonus or whatever you want to call it.

I think with the success a lot of undrafted free agents have had in Green Bay over the course over the last few seasons the Packers are an attractive team for these guys. As it stands right now the Packers would have 14 roster spots available for UDFA after the draft.

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think with the success a lot of undrafted free agents have had in Green Bay over the course over the last few seasons the Packers are an attractive team for these guys. As it stands right now the Packers would have 14 roster spots available for UDFA after the draft.

Not even just that. The success CB UDFA have had would make GB an even more attractive landing spot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drakehawkjd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A few names I'd love to see are:

2nd WR - Benjamin (Florida St.) 6'5" 240 lbs.
3rd TE - Fiedorowicz (Iowa) 6'6" 265 lbs.
3rd CB - Jean-Baptiste (Nebraska) 6'3" 218 lbs.
4th S. - Brooks (Florida St.) 5'11" 198 lbs.
5th OG - Urschel (Penn St.) 6'3" 301 lbs.

JFranklinisBeast

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would love to see us steal Larmarcus Joyner in the first. Or maybe trade out of the first to get a high second round and get him.

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1) Mosley (ILB)
2) Niklas (TE)
3) Jaylen Watkins (CB/S)

For the love of God Ted, PLEASE NOT Niklas! To me he's awkward for his size. He hasn't come into his height/frame yet, and he's not the power forward type TE Tyler Eifert and other Notre Dame TE's have been over the last 10 years or so.

D

Deleted member 6794

A few names I'd love to see are:

2nd WR - Benjamin (Florida St.) 6'5" 240 lbs.
3rd TE - Fiedorowicz (Iowa) 6'6" 265 lbs.
3rd CB - Jean-Baptiste (Nebraska) 6'3" 218 lbs.
4th S. - Brooks (Florida St.) 5'11" 198 lbs.
5th OG - Urschel (Penn St.) 6'3" 301 lbs.

There's absolutely no chance Brooks will drop to the fourth round and Thompson normally doesn't draft guards.

The other three guys you mentioned have great measurements, not sure they can play though.

D

Deleted member 6794

I would love to see us steal Larmarcus Joyner in the first. Or maybe trade out of the first to get a high second round and get him.

Joyner isn't a first round talent, at only 5-8 I don't want him to play either safety or corner for the Packers.

D

Deleted member 6794

For the love of God Ted, PLEASE NOT Niklas! To me he's awkward for his size. He hasn't come into his height/frame yet, and he's not the power forward type TE Tyler Eifert and other Notre Dame TE's have been over the last 10 years or so.

Niklas is a risky pick as he's only played TE for a season, he could turn out to be the best in this year's class though. Or a bust.

D

Deleted member 6794

He's a high second round. Plus, Tyrann Mathieu is 5-8, and look how he did last year.

I have Joyner ranked in the 3rd round. Don´t want to be cherry picking, but Mathieu is 5-9 and if it wasn´t for his substance abuse history he would have been a first round pick. The honey badger is a more talented guy than Joyner.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

He's played TE for two years...the NFL is about potential and he's got a TON. Mayock said he could be the best blocking TE in the NFL in two years (remember, we're starting to run more often), he's 6'7" and weighs 270lbs while running very well for his size. He's not the ready made prospect that Ebron is but his upside is HUGE.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Niklas is a risky pick as he's only played TE for a season, he could turn out to be the best in this year's class though. Or a bust.

Which is why I'm ok with taking him in the late second round. Worst case is that the guy becomes one of the better blocking TEs in the NFL, that's a pretty high floor.

D

Deleted member 6794

Which is why I'm ok with taking him in the late second round. Worst case is that the guy becomes one of the better blocking TEs in the NFL, that's a pretty high floor.

I´d rather get a guy capable of being a red zone target for Rodgers. I´m not saying Niklas can´t turn into that guy, but there´s more risk included that he doesn´t pan out than with the other ones.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I´d rather get a guy capable of being a red zone target for Rodgers. I´m not saying Niklas can´t turn into that guy, but there´s more risk included that he doesn´t pan out than with the other ones.

What other TE could turn into the red zone weapon that Niklas could? Niklas already catches the ball well, his only real knock is that his route running isn't too refined (again though, he's only played TE for a couple years). He's the same size as Gronk and if he can just get the basics of holding his arms up, jumping and have Rodgers throw the ball high, he should be pretty good in the red zone.

D

Deleted member 6794

What other TE could turn into the red zone weapon that Niklas could? Niklas already catches the ball well, his only real knock is that his route running isn't too refined (again though, he's only played TE for a couple years). He's the same size as Gronk and if he can just get the basics of holding his arms up, jumping and have Rodgers throw the ball high, he should be pretty good in the red zone.

There´s no denying though that drafting Niklas is riskier than getting Amaro or Seferian-Jenkins. Once again, it´s possible that he turns into a good pass catching TE, but there´s a lot of unknown involved with picking him.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There´s no denying though that drafting Niklas is riskier than getting Amaro or Seferian-Jenkins. Once again, it´s possible that he turns into a good pass catching TE, but there´s a lot of unknown involved with picking him.

I fully agree, but it's not like Jenkins or Amaro aren't without their warts either. Jenkins is apparently allergic to authority figures (scouts saying he'll basically clash with any coach he's given to) and Amaro played slot-WR in college, not tight end. At the very least I KNOW that Niklas works his tail off (nickname is Hercules on the team due to his weight room prowess).

D

Deleted member 6794

I fully agree, but it's not like Jenkins or Amaro aren't without their warts either. Jenkins is apparently allergic to authority figures (scouts saying he'll basically clash with any coach he's given to) and Amaro played slot-WR in college, not tight end. At the very least I KNOW that Niklas works his tail off (nickname is Hercules on the team due to his weight room prowess).

While I agree that neither Amaro nor Seferian-Jenkins are a sure thing I haven't heard anything about Seferian-Jenkins not being coachable. I know he was convicted for DUI, but showed accountability after it.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I agree that neither Amaro nor Seferian-Jenkins are a sure thing I haven't heard anything about Seferian-Jenkins not being coachable. I know he was convicted for DUI, but showed accountability after it.

Quote from a scout: "I wouldn't say he's a bad kid. But I would say that he probably will be hostile at times to coaches. He's going to have a hard time with authority figures because he's never been around them his whole life. Very, very abrasive at times when you criticize him."

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/pack...ers-and-tight-ends-b99258025z1-257423561.html

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need a gap stuffer and another ILB and we get a safety that got lit up by the spread offense in the Iron Bowl. Great pick Ted

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts