What/Who would you like to see the Packers draft?

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
Are there any specific positions or players you want to see the Packers focus on in the 2014 draft?

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've kind of been all over this year due to the needs we have on D. I was completely against Ebron until about a week ago now he wouldnt be my first choice but I'd be fine with it. As of today I want Mosely. I think that their answer at S is going to be Hyde so S in the 1st almost seems like a waste. I would still like a veteran brought in there and I'm sure TT will look to draft another.

Hageman is also intriguing because of the fact that he can play either DE or NT according to what I've read. Could be a potential replacement for Raji going forward.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've kind of been all over this year due to the needs we have on D. I was completely against Ebron until about a week ago now he wouldnt be my first choice but I'd be fine with it. As of today I want Mosely. I think that their answer at S is going to be Hyde so S in the 1st almost seems like a waste. I would still like a veteran brought in there and I'm sure TT will look to draft another.

Hageman is also intriguing because of the fact that he can play either DE or NT according to what I've read. Could be a potential replacement for Raji going forward.

Say Ebron was still there at #21 but Mosley was gone. Would you prefer to take Ebron, or...say Seattle came calling and offered to give us their 2nd (last pick in the 2nd) in exchange for switching spots with us dropping us down to #32?

If Seattle were interested, and I think they might be given Ebron's talent level and their need, I think this would be an intriguing offer, especially in such a deep draft, to drop down to #32 and see what's there and then add an extra pick in the 2nd.

I like Hyde, but I feel like trusting a second year converted corner to be an instant fix for all the major problems at the safety position seems like a risky proposition. I'm fine with going that route as a Plan B, but if that's the plan I would prefer to sign a guy like Clemons yet to give us some options and depth.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Say Ebron was still there at #21 but Mosley was gone. Would you prefer to take Ebron, or...say Seattle came calling and offered to give us their 2nd (last pick in the 2nd) in exchange for switching spots with us dropping us down to #32?

If Seattle were interested, and I think they might be given Ebron's talent level and their need, I think this would be an intriguing offer, especially in such a deep draft, to drop down to #32 and see what's there and then add an extra pick in the 2nd.

I like Hyde, but I feel like trusting a second year converted corner to be an instant fix for all the major problems at the safety position seems like a risky proposition. I'm fine with going that route as a Plan B, but if that's the plan I would prefer to sign a guy like Clemons yet to give us some options and depth.

I guess it all depends on who else is there and what else happens in free agency. If they make a move for Clemons, which I would be completely in favor of, and Mosley was gone I would definitely be open to trading for with someone if they wanted that pick. That being said, and I don't know how much stock NFL GM's put into this, but I wouldn't want to trade with Sea so they could land Ebron. If that were the case I'd rather take Ebron and reap the benefits of what he could potentially bring to the table and hope to land some nice defensive players in what is supposed to be a very deep draft.

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. Clinton-Dix/Pryor
2. Mosley
3. Nix
4. Hageman
5. Nix III

I think Peppers will bring it this year. I see Brad Jones continuing to improve off of his strong finish from last year and both Perry and Jones getting noticeably better this year. I really believe that if we can add one of the 2 stud safeties listed above it will improve the defense as a whole. It is almost a MUST that we go safety IMO. I honestly think Mosley has the chance to be the best pro but based on need alone I just keep ending back on S every time I mock. But then again I am a car salesman living in Oklahoma so what the hell do I know?!?!?

Speaking of Oklahoma: Watch for TT to grab Oklahoma Sooner center Gabe Ikard in the 5-6 round. Kid may not be the best athlete ever but his football IQ is stupid good and he just has a knack for getting the job done. I have watched this kid for 4 years and think he can be a great one and a true diamond in the rough. He was a TE as a freshman and ended up being an All-American Center by the time he was done in Norman. His "limited" measurables keep him from being a 2-3 Round guy but I am telling you there is just something about this kid that I love! We will see...

D

Deleted member 6794

1. Clinton-Dix/Pryor
2. Mosley
3. Nix
4. Hageman
5. Nix III

Not sure who you're talking about at #3.

I think Peppers will bring it this year. I see Brad Jones continuing to improve off of his strong finish from last year and both Perry and Jones getting noticeably better this year. I really believe that if we can add one of the 2 stud safeties listed above it will improve the defense as a whole. It is almost a MUST that we go safety IMO. I honestly think Mosley has the chance to be the best pro but based on need alone I just keep ending back on S every time I mock.

I agree that we have to get another safety, not sure what you mean though about Brad Jones finishing strong. If anything, he had a good start to the season (not sure I agree with that either) but after his injury he was for sure not a player on the rise.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I would like them to target a safety. Not necessarily in the first round (if the two projected to go in the first aren’t there or they have another player rated higher) but in the first three (or so) rounds, whether or not it’s someone currently listed as a safety or a CB who they think can make the switch (like Nick Collins). I would also like to see them take a late round flier on a player like Dezmen Southward. Not necessarily him but someone like him.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess it all depends on who else is there and what else happens in free agency. If they make a move for Clemons, which I would be completely in favor of, and Mosley was gone I would definitely be open to trading for with someone if they wanted that pick. That being said, and I don't know how much stock NFL GM's put into this, but I wouldn't want to trade with Sea so they could land Ebron. If that were the case I'd rather take Ebron and reap the benefits of what he could potentially bring to the table and hope to land some nice defensive players in what is supposed to be a very deep draft.

I think I'd let Seattle take Ebron and then have the Packers take Niklas at TE in the second. Ebron is basically a large WR. Niklas, for right now at least, seems like the closest thing in the draft to Gronk (closest, not "is Gronk"). Our offense now features a pretty good running game and Mayock said that Niklas could be the best blocking TE in the entire NFL in a couple years. Niklas is also a pretty good receiver and pretty fast for his size. He's too big to ever really be a guy that can cut and run intricate routes but he's big enough and fast enough that he can easily run vertical routes down the seam and be a terrific red zone threat.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score

But you have to look at the other side of the coin. Yeah, you're giving the Seahawks Ebron in that case, but you're also keeping them from getting another pick until the very end of the 3rd round. They're losing out on 2 potential players in a very deep draft in the first 2 rounds at #32 and #64 to get Ebron -- picks we can use to get better defensively and get closer to competing with them.

Of course if Ebron turns out to be the next Jimmy Graham than it sure hurts. Just saying yeah you're giving something up but getting something in return -- a 2nd is a big price to pay just to move up in the 1st. So it's something that could go either way. But this is all hypothetical anyway, it's just a trade that I could possibly see them going for if Ebron is around at #21.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But you have to look at the other side of the coin. Yeah, you're giving the Seahawks Ebron in that case, but you're also keeping them from getting another pick until the very end of the 3rd round. They're losing out on 2 potential players in a very deep draft in the first 2 rounds at #32 and #64 to get Ebron -- picks we can use to get better defensively and get closer to competing with them.

Of course if Ebron turns out to be the next Jimmy Graham than it sure hurts. Just saying yeah you're giving something up but getting something in return -- a 2nd is a big price to pay just to move up in the 1st. So it's something that could go either way. But this is all hypothetical anyway, it's just a trade that I could possibly see them going for if Ebron is around at #21.

You make a valid point and I can see what you're saying but I still would be reluctant to hand a team like Seattle a player with Ebrons potential. They're also only missing out on 1 player because the pick at #32 they'd trade for #21 but I see your point.

Again this all depends on who is there. If Mosely or either of the safeties are there, that's who I want and to be honest I don't even really care which one it is. I still really like Shazier eventhough he may not fit the scheme the kid just appears to ooze talent. The fear I have with him is that he doesn't fit the scheme but TT will see that his abilities are too good to pass up and take him giving us another Nick Perry... a good player in the wrong scheme who will not be able to maximize his talents.

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure who you're talking about at #3.

I agree that we have to get another safety, not sure what you mean though about Brad Jones finishing strong. If anything, he had a good start to the season (not sure I agree with that either) but after his injury he was for sure not a player on the rise.

That's what I get for speed posting while at work. I guess that means deep down I reeeaaallly like Nix?!

On Jones: To each their own I suppose. I know he gets lost in coverage sometimes but I think he was starting to get comfortable and can have a pretty good 2014. Honestly, I think I may be trying to convince myself that we are better at linebacker than we truly are. I just want a hard-hitting, ball-hawking Safety so bad that I suppose I was trying to justify the move on that position. The loss of Collins was so big and this unit hasn't been the same since 36 had to hang them up. I deserved to be called out on that one...

D

Deleted member 6794

That's what I get for speed posting while at work. I guess that means deep down I reeeaaallly like Nix?!

On Jones: To each their own I suppose. I know he gets lost in coverage sometimes but I think he was starting to get comfortable and can have a pretty good 2014. Honestly, I think I may be trying to convince myself that we are better at linebacker than we truly are. I just want a hard-hitting, ball-hawking Safety so bad that I suppose I was trying to justify the move on that position. The loss of Collins was so big and this unit hasn't been the same since 36 had to hang them up. I deserved to be called out on that one...

I agree that the Packers need a safety, although I´m not sold on a hard hitting one as I would prefer a guy who is able to cover most of the field enabling us to play with only one safety high.

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I also requested a ball-hawking safety in my post. I think both of the "stud" safeties can serve both rolls. For instance, I was glad when TJ Ward signed with the Broncos because I didn't want him to end up in Green and Gold. Guy is a glorified LB and pedestrian at best in coverage. I referenced Collins because that is the type of player I am hoping for. Someone that can cover the middle of the field but also lay the wood when necessary. I completely agree with you and in today's NFL you have to have someone that can cover and if they can bring the lumber that is just gravy on the biscuit.

D

Deleted member 6794

I also requested a ball-hawking safety in my post. I think both of the "stud" safeties can serve both rolls. For instance, I was glad when TJ Ward signed with the Broncos because I didn't want him to end up in Green and Gold. Guy is a glorified LB and pedestrian at best in coverage. I referenced Collins because that is the type of player I am hoping for. Someone that can cover the middle of the field but also lay the wood when necessary. I completely agree with you and in today's NFL you have to have someone that can cover and if they can bring the lumber that is just gravy on the biscuit.

While Pryor isn´t a liability in coverage, I think Clinton-Dix is the better cover guy, hence the player I would love the Packers to draft at #21.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fanspeak mock draft
#21 Eric Ebron UNC TE 6-4 250 4.60 24 reps 225 32" vertical 10'0" broadj

#53 Terrence Brooks FSU S 5-11 198 4.42 10 reps 225 38" vertical 9'11" broadj 7.35 3cone

#85 Martavis Bryant Clemson WR 6-4 211 4.42 16 reps 225 39" vertical 10'4" broadj 4.15 shuttle 7.18 3cone

#98 Marcus Roberson Florida CB 6-0 191 4.61 8 reps 225 37.5" vertical 10'0" broadj 4.08 shuttle 6.84 3cone

#121 Lamin Barrow LSU ILB 6-1 237 4.64 22 reps 225 35" vertical 10'3" broadj 4.35 shuttle 7.24 3cone

#161 Jeff Janis SVS WR 6-3 219 4.42 20 reps 225 37.5 vertical 10'3" broadj 3.98 shuttle 6.64 3 cone

#176 Ron Powell Florida OLB 6-3 237 4.65 21 reps 225 35.5" vertical 9'6" broadj

#197 Dontae Johnson NCST S 6-2 200 4.45 12 reps 225 38.5" vertical 10'4" broadj 4.24 shuttle 6.82 3cone

#236 Colt Lyerla Oregon TE 6-4 242 4.61 15 reps 225 39" vertical 10'8" broadj

Pack....man!!!

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Shazier anyone?? If there HaHa or Pryor are not available I would take Shazier over Mosley. Shazier will not be around when we pick on the 2nd round. We don't need to draft offense unless is a stud OL. Our defense has been the weak link. I would be very surprise if we go Offense in the first round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Shazier anyone?? If there HaHa or Pryor are not available I would take Shazier over Mosley. Shazier will not be around when we pick on the 2nd round. We don't need to draft offense unless is a stud OL. Our defense has been the weak link. I would be very surprise if we go Offense in the first round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offense I'd be fine with... Offensive Line on the other hand I will lose it. I like the makeup of this line even with EDS not here. I still would have signed EDS but it is what it is. The line for a change isn't a glaring need.

D

Deleted member 6794

We don't need to draft offense unless is a stud OL. Our defense has been the weak link. I would be very surprise if we go Offense in the first round.

While the offense has been great we need another WR and a starting TE, so I wouldn´t be surprised if TT drafts another weapon for Rodgers in the first round.

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would like them to target a safety. Not necessarily in the first round (if the two projected to go in the first aren’t there or they have another player rated higher) but in the first three (or so) rounds, whether or not it’s someone currently listed as a safety or a CB who they think can make the switch (like Nick Collins). I would also like to see them take a late round flier on a player like Dezmen Southward. Not necessarily him but someone like him.

Great example of a "combine **** tease." Exciting athlete, then you look at the film: not an NFL football player.

Also see Hunt, Margus.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hageman can look so dominant at times and then there's times hes a spitting image of Raji.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts