what to do about our special teams

A1MEANGREEN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
whats your thoughts about our special teams . we are next to last only carolina is worse. do we fire coach slocum ? this a problem that needs corrected. :sclerosis:

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Sign a kicker as an undrafted free agent. Same with a punter.

Draft Brandon Banks in round 6 or 7 for the return game.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score

AlDay31

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know if it says more about him or our coverage, but he was last in the league in NET AVG.

32nd in the league in punts downed inside the 20.

He's bad.
Talkin' about net avg his hangtime is horrorawful, to quote shaq...

tfrentz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Mason should stay just needs to learn how to control that monster leg of his, he could kick 61 yrd field goals all day. Kapinos will develop or get replaced one of the two. But I do think we need to get a kick returner, maybe Logan from the steelers that man can run and he always keeps his legs moving even after is on the ground.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
I don't know if it says more about him or our coverage, but he was last in the league in NET AVG.

32nd in the league in punts downed inside the 20.

Tied for 2nd in the league in Touchbacks, which isn't good.

And finally a fairly pedestrian 16th in the NFL in AVG YDS, with 43.8 per punt.

He's bad.

2009 NFL Player Punting Stats - National Football League - ESPN

I guess the stats don't lie. I've never looked at his punting stats. Just watching us play though, to me he never stood out as being bad, but I guess I'm mistaken.

rawalabhay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How about Adam "Pack Man" Jones. I know he had lots of issue with the law. But he can be a return man and maybe over the next couple of years develop back into a good CB.

OP
OP
A1MEANGREEN

A1MEANGREEN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How about Adam "Pack Man" Jones. I know he had lots of issue with the law. But he can be a return man and maybe over the next couple of years develop back into a good CB.

cant see that happing just to much baggage and cant see tying up a position when he might not be around for long. more trouble then hes worth

claybillings

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What guys. I mean he can show everyone how to "Make it Rain", plus how to punk strippers who try and take a man's money.

On a more serious note, I think we should go after Courtney Roby from the NO Saints. He was one of the best play makers at the gunner position all last year, plus he has return ability. I'm pretty sure he is a UFA as well.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Signing Darren Sproles would do alot for our team. he could return kicks and he would help decrease the pressure on Arod if he was catching passes out of the backfield.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The best gunner out there is a FA. Kassim Osgood, WR, San Diego. If TT is dead serious about upgrading the ST, he'll get that guy.

And a KR in the draft.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
Signing Darren Sproles would do alot for our team. he could return kicks and he would help decrease the pressure on Arod if he was catching passes out of the backfield.

Chargers put the franchise tag on Sproles. He would cost too much and the Chargers will not let him go now that LT is most likely going to be gone next year. This is not an option, but yes, I would like to have him on our team. Its just out of the question.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chargers put the franchise tag on Sproles. He would cost too much and the Chargers will not let him go now that LT is most likely going to be gone next year. This is not an option, but yes, I would like to have him on our team. Its just out of the question.

I missed that on thursday I guess. They can have him for 6.6 mil.

Zimbabwe12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe we should draft a KR... This years draft is so big for RBs similar to the class that had slaton, forte, etc... I wouldnt mind taking the kid from USC or Dexter McCluster....

As far as picking up Pacman... I would do it... WE are not a franchise like CBOYS who has an owner bent on drama.... We play hard and fair... I think woodson and harris would do good for pacman... I think more than all the off-field issues pacman wants to be a shutdown corner and in GB he can become that... Get away from all the dallas nightlife and all the special stipulations Jerry put on him.... Come to GB suit up, bust your ***.. THE END..

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
I believe we should draft a KR... This years draft is so big for RBs similar to the class that had slaton, forte, etc... I wouldnt mind taking the kid from USC or Dexter McCluster....

As far as picking up Pacman... I would do it... WE are not a franchise like CBOYS who has an owner bent on drama.... We play hard and fair... I think woodson and harris would do good for pacman... I think more than all the off-field issues pacman wants to be a shutdown corner and in GB he can become that... Get away from all the dallas nightlife and all the special stipulations Jerry put on him.... Come to GB suit up, bust your ***.. THE END..

Green Bay nightlife is awesome. If I had a nickle for every time I have seen a Packer downtown getting helped into a car. One time I saw Jarrett Bush bartending at Brewbakers on a Thursday before an away game. Classy fellow. Thats a true story.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Green Bay nightlife is awesome. If I had a nickle for every time I have seen a Packer downtown getting helped into a car. One time I saw Jarrett Bush bartending at Brewbakers on a Thursday before an away game. Classy fellow. Thats a true story.
Did Bush happen to do anything that, oh I don't know, could get him banned from the NFL forever? *prays*

:lol:

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
Did Bush happen to do anything that, oh I don't know, could get him banned from the NFL forever? *prays*

:lol:

Haha, not that I saw. I used to play basketball with him at the YMCA every once in a while, and I saw him bartending at Brewbakers, and I was like, "Jarrett, why are you bartending?" And he goes, "****, Ni(%*@, they let me drink fo free."

Apparently the 1.3 million the Packers pay him isn't enough. Good God.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
Really?

Could you help Jordy Nelson too because we need a new KR :)

No Mason Crosby is still our GREAT Kicker so he doesnt need a job other than what he does every Sunday and maybe a Monday or too

I like Jordy as a receiver though.

Jarrett Bush is just as bad of a bar tender as he is a football player.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts