What the h*ll is going on around here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate that some things dont pop up under recent threads. I started a thread about Brett Favre wanting to go to the Bears and its ignored bc it doesnt come up on recent threads. I get the reason, you want to avoid brett favre fights, but I think trying to keep attention away from posts is the wrong way to go about it. just my .02

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I think we assigned a whole sub-section to Mr Favre to be honest Ivo. That thread should be somewhere.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we assigned a whole sub-section to Mr Favre to be honest Ivo. That thread should be somewhere.

Yeah but the most traffic seems to be driven by the side bar that has recently updated threads. The whole sub section of favre never gets listed in the updated side bar. one person a week probably looks at that section, but it would be a popular topic if it was popping up on the sidebar with all the other posts

I

P
Yeah but the most traffic seems to be driven by the side bar that has recently updated threads. The whole sub section of favre never gets listed in the updated side bar. one person a week probably looks at that section, but it would be a popular topic if it was popping up on the sidebar with all the other posts

Point taken. It was a hornets nest of a subject that caused numerous arguments. I think it was decided that IF we moved it, it would cause less friction, and those who didn't want to avoid it could, and those who did were free to do so. It is one subject that causes heated debate more than any other on here unfortunately.

Last edited by a moderator:

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P

Point taken. It was a hornets nest of a subject that caused numerous arguments. I think it was decided that IF we moved it, it would cause less friction, and those who didn't want to avoid it could, and those who did were free to do so. It is one subject that causes heated debate more than any other on here unfortunately.

If hes back in good graces with the Pack should it be considered to allow it to be on equal footing as other subjects? I guess its up to the mods. I think him wanting to go to the bears was a significant story that is essentially hidden on the forum.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Chicago fans are still talking about 1985 so it could be worse

Not to be confused with Green Bay fans that often refer to championships won in the first half of the previous century?

OP
OP
H

HardRightEdge

I think the Finley debates were at least as active and vituperative. ;)

I

If hes back in good graces with the Pack should it be considered to allow it to be on equal footing as other subjects? I guess its up to the mods. I think him wanting to go to the bears was a significant story that is essentially hidden on the forum.

I couldn"t really answer that for sure. I do know some of the contributors (myself included in that comment) could get very heated. At least we felt if we treated it like the adult forum, we probably gave the members some leeway without having to lock all the time. It was a no win situation for us really.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe for you and me, but there are some folks that REALLY hang their hats on the 13 championships.

E. Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I for one feel there needs to be much more leeway and freedom of expression on here, and not just about Favre. The Favre forum is how the forum as a whole shout be administered. Unless someone uses obscenity or profanity, it should be fair game. But until then, at least forums on that certain subject are not constantly getting deleted or locked because people speak their minds about something they feel strongly about, and are even offended by. Adult forum? As far as I am concerned all the forums should be "adult." We are adults here are we not?
The instance I recall in particular related to a comment expressing my joy at the Packers winning AND the Patriots losing. This is because I hate the Patriots (as expressed in article I wrote on totalpackers that received some attention on twitter, a lot of attention on facebook, and two subreddits) and I dislike Patriots fans. One of the moderators commented something akin to way to welcome visitors, and then locked the thread. Well I for one don't feel fans of certain teams should be made to feel welcome, most especially vikings fans and to a only somewhat lesser extent Seattle fans (and I am originally from Seattle). People can agree with me or disagree with my view on this or any other matter interferes with that right not one bit. But I do resent, to be perfectly honest, being told someone has moderator authority that I should feel that way. If someone does not like me or what I say, they are feel to express the same in kind, and vice versa
If people want to conduct themselves such as to give warm hugs and kisses to Vikings fans, I think its pathetic, and I think it makes us collectively look like a bunch of Leave it to Beaver. Maybury pushovers. And I think it is precisely that mentality which has allowed, as just one instance the turncoat phenomeon of socalled Favre fans wearing vikings stuff in our faces.
That I think such pandering and excessive sycophancy with fans of certain, nearly universally despised teams is pathetic in no ways prevents others from disagreeing with me. Others doubtlessly think it is brutish or uncouth for me to feel that way. However, I thought that is what discussion forums were for--robust and sometimes heated discussion.
I do not like Vikings fans, I do not like Seahawks fans, I especially do not like turncoat Favre fans who have three different jerseys getting in our collective grill. And I do not like this board's presentiment that I somehow ought to feel or act differently on these matters. If you agree that's great, love to have like minded folks to rally around. If you disagree I frankly don't care, its not going to change my view one bit, just as viewpoints I or others express that may be disagreeable to others should be regarded in the same manner by them. That is unless of course some mod constantly locks or deletes such viewpoints and threatens banning or suspension of privileges.
Please understand that my intention is for this contribution to be received in a spirit of honesty and respect and with hopes that, with my candor, folks will perhaps see things from my perspective and others who feel as I do. I know of several Packers fans who have fled because of excessive moderation and what they felt was a nanny mentality. That is a real shame because that honestly is why i am here to meet Packer fans and try and make friends with some who see eye to eye with me.

I

I for one feel there needs to be much more leeway and freedom of expression on here, and not just about Favre. The Favre forum is how the forum as a whole shout be administered. Unless someone uses obscenity or profanity, it should be fair game. But until then, at least forums on that certain subject are not constantly getting deleted or locked because people speak their minds about something they feel strongly about, and are even offended by. Adult forum? As far as I am concerned all the forums should be "adult." We are adults here are we not?
The instance I recall in particular related to a comment expressing my joy at the Packers winning AND the Patriots losing. This is because I hate the Patriots (as expressed in article I wrote on totalpackers that received some attention on twitter, a lot of attention on facebook, and two subreddits) and I dislike Patriots fans. One of the moderators commented something akin to way to welcome visitors, and then locked the thread. Well I for one don't feel fans of certain teams should be made to feel welcome, most especially vikings fans and to a only somewhat lesser extent Seattle fans (and I am originally from Seattle). People can agree with me or disagree with my view on this or any other matter interferes with that right not one bit. But I do resent, to be perfectly honest, being told someone has moderator authority that I should feel that way. If someone does not like me or what I say, they are feel to express the same in kind, and vice versa
If people want to conduct themselves such as to give warm hugs and kisses to Vikings fans, I think its pathetic, and I think it makes us collectively look like a bunch of Leave it to Beaver. Maybury pushovers. And I think it is precisely that mentality which has allowed, as just one instance the turncoat phenomeon of socalled Favre fans wearing vikings stuff in our faces.
That I think such pandering and excessive sycophancy with fans of certain, nearly universally despised teams is pathetic in no ways prevents others from disagreeing with me. Others doubtlessly think it is brutish or uncouth for me to feel that way. However, I thought that is what discussion forums were for--robust and sometimes heated discussion.
I do not like Vikings fans, I do not like Seahawks fans, I especially do not like turncoat Favre fans who have three different jerseys getting in our collective grill. And I do not like this board's presentiment that I somehow ought to feel or act differently on these matters. If you agree that's great, love to have like minded folks to rally around. If you disagree I frankly don't care, its not going to change my view one bit, just as viewpoints I or others express that may be disagreeable to others should be regarded in the same manner by them. That is unless of course some mod constantly locks or deletes such viewpoints and threatens banning or suspension of privileges.
Please understand that my intention is for this contribution to be received in a spirit of honesty and respect and with hopes that, with my candor, folks will perhaps see things from my perspective and others who feel as I do. I know of several Packers fans who have fled because of excessive moderation and what they felt was a nanny mentality. That is a real shame because that honestly is why i am here to meet Packer fans and try and make friends with some who see eye to eye with me.

If you have issues with the moderating of the forum, feel free to P.M. us.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I for one feel there needs to be much more leeway and freedom of expression on here, and not just about Favre. The Favre forum

is how the forum as a whole shout be administered. Unless someone uses obscenity or profanity, it should be fair game. But until then, at least forums on that certain subject are not constantly getting deleted or locked because people speak their minds about something they feel strongly about, and are even offended by. Adult forum? As far as I am concerned all the forums should be "adult." We are adults here are we not?

So when someone says

I hate you and every one like you....

that wont get people defensive????

We ALL KNOW it will led to some bad name calling and insults

Then what?? Allow 50 posts as why you both are idiots to clutter up our forum?
Every one has the right to leave, or start their own forum

E. Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So when someone says

I hate you and every one like you....

that wont get people defensive????

We ALL KNOW it will led to some bad name calling and insults

Then what?? Allow 50 posts as why you both are idiots to clutter up our forum?
Every one has the right to leave, or start their own forum
What if people do get defensive? Who cares. Is this a forum for adults or preschoolers?
I don't have the post at hand am not going back but someone, particularly Packers fans, should be able to express dislike for an opposing fan base.
I am not talking about what people have a right to do. I know what my rights are and I know the first amendment only applies to the government. The purpose of this thread is to provide honest, frank feedback to the moderation here. If that's your response, it is not exactly encouraging.

I

What if people do get defensive? Who cares. Is this a forum for adults or preschoolers?
I don't have the post at hand am not going back but someone, particularly Packers fans, should be able to express dislike for an opposing fan base.
I am not talking about what people have a right to do. I know what my rights are and I know the first amendment only applies to the government. The purpose of this thread is to provide honest, frank feedback to the moderation here. If that's your response, it is not exactly encouraging.

We`re not here to be encouraging or discouraging, we`re here to see rules set by the administration are followed. If you don`t like the rules......well ? the choice is yours really. Quite simple.

E. Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Perhaps I should challenge you or anyone to show where it is in the rules that we have to make opposing fans feel welcome.

I

Perhaps I should challenge you or anyone to show where it is in the rules that we have to make opposing fans feel welcome.

Challenge away. We welcome ANYBODY who stays polite and respectful. I don`t have to prove anything to anybody. We have several members who follow other teams who add valuable and respectful material to debates without losing the plot. Some have been here for quite a few years too. Even before my or your time.

E. Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is the thread in question:

https://www.packerforum.com/threads/welcome-pat-fans.56588/#post-584200

No name calling, just some else stating why he does not like the Patriots fans and me agreeing with him. The thread was closed for not being "friendly" to Patriots fans. AYFKM?
If all your response is going to be you have a right to leave or these are the rules then discussing with you is pointless. I have not read the rules and guidelines from start to finish but would be shocked if being friendly to rival fans is a requirement. If it is, this forum is a lost cause.
The purpose of this thread is to provide honest, candid feedback. I hope that at least one of you will reciprocate in an honest, respectful, constructive manner, as opposed to the dismissive responses so far.

I

Here is the thread in question:

https://www.packerforum.com/threads/welcome-pat-fans.56588/#post-584200

No name calling, just some else stating why he does not like the Patriots fans and me agreeing with him. The thread was closed for not being "friendly" to Patriots fans. AYFKM?
If all your response is going to be you have a right to leave or these are the rules then discussing with you is pointless. I have not read the rules and guidelines from start to finish but would be shocked if being friendly to rival fans is a requirement. If it is, this forum is a lost cause.
The purpose of this thread is to provide honest, candid feedback. I hope that at least one of you will reciprocate in an honest, respectful, constructive manner, as opposed to the dismissive responses so far.

I guess it`s pointless then. By the way, I believe the administrator of the forum is not infact a Packer fan. I might be wrong. The purpose of the forum is to allow constructive and friendly conversation with ANYBODY who wants to join the forum. And no, we are not FKY.

I

Oh and by the way, just because you couldn`t be bothered to read the rules, doesn`t mean they don`t apply. The fact that you signed up means you agreed to abide by them anyway. Sorry !

E. Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have said my peace, tried to have an honest, constructive dialogue. So much for that No good deed goes unpunished.
Any sports forum which mandates rival fans to be "friendly" to one another is rightly the subject of scorn and ridicule. Change the forum name to Mr. Rogers neighborhood, the original Fred Rogers in the cardigans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts