1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

What team do you want to see flop this season?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by ivo610, Jul 18, 2012.

1. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,132
    yet you are talking about how many passing yards eli would have had if not for dropped passes...

Pot? Meet Kettle

2. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,132
    for the record the packers were lucky to make the playoffs in 2010. I think a tampa game helped us, and then that D jackson return was a classic as well. Both were a big part of us making the playoffs that year.

3. Tarl Cabot

Tarl Cabot Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +17
    You realize that is the point I am making? It is sarcasm highlighting that would of, could of and should of are irelevant. I neither have an idea nor do I care if Eli Manning would have led NFL in passing yards if not for dropped passes. If the passes were caught the game could have went another way and it would not have matterred. It is irrelevant.

4. ExpatPacker

ExpatPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +519
    Your argument is ridiculous. What it proves is that on that day and towards the end of the season the Giants were the superior team, and that for a lot of reasons. None of us have any way of knowing what would have happened if the Packers had brought their "A" game. They didn't, and I for one am not making excuses. The better team on that day won. On that point you are right. But to talk about the Giants as the "superior team" as if there's no other team out there that can touch them, that's silly.

All you are saying is that since we won the Super Bowl, we're the superior team. Sorry. What it means is that since you won the superbowl, you're the league champions and you own the crown for a year. That you are/were superior to the Packers, Saints, 49ers or Patriots is what they call in them halls of academia, speculation, or what most the rest of us call, homerism.

5. c33j44y

c33j44y Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +11
    No hard feelings against the Giants for what happened so I can't whole-heartedly say I'd like to see them flop .. with that being said, the Eagles in sheer regard to the amount of game they talk contrary to the amount of playoff games they have won in the last few seasons.

6. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,132
    Best team at any given point in the season can change

7. Tarl Cabot

Tarl Cabot Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +17
    Green Bay Packers did bring their A game against NY Giants in poatseason and it just wasn't good enough.

No hard feelings. Maybe you guys can field a team that will play better in the playoffs next time.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  8. ExpatPacker

ExpatPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +519
    LOL. Keep telling yourself that as we head into the new season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. morningwood

morningwood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +91
    Atlanta. Always Atlanta.

10. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,132
    There's a reason why the giants aren't considered the best team right now and there is a reason Eli isn't considered elite. Hopefully it won't take you long to figure out why.

11. Tarl Cabot

Tarl Cabot Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +17
    Folks tend to underestimate us over and over again. That ia quite alright with us. Go ahead and keep teeling yourself that Eli Manning is not ELIte and keep telling yourself NY Giants got lucky whatever makes you feel better. I will be content in watching Eli Manning continue with his career as he brings more Lombardi trophies for NY Giants.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  12. Tarl Cabot

Tarl Cabot Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +17
    What it proves is that NY Giants are World Champions and The Best in NFL till another team proves otherwise.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  13. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,132
    When is that? When they go 9-7? They miss the playoffs? The first loss of the season? The playoff loss?

What a team does in feb doesn't entitle them to anything in sept.

14. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,132
    The whole "Eli" in elite just makes me laugh. Sooo clever, I mean did you come up with that yourself?

15. Tarl Cabot

Tarl Cabot Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +17
    Actually what NY Giants did in February entitled us for the 1st game of season on national television. It also entitles us to The Title "Reigning SuperBowl Champion NY Giants."

Who do you think is best in NFL and why?

16. PackerFan71

PackerFan71 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,001
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  17. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,132
    I think it's obvious who I think is the best. Why is pretty obvious too.

18. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,132
    Sorry... Training camp hasn't started yet and I get bored

19. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,429
    Nice debate we have going here with the Giants fan as long as we keep it civil!!! Both sides are making some good points.

I am always up for watching the Cowboys tank! I love to watch them shoot themselves in the foot. The only other team I would enjoy seeing tank more is the Jets but that's a given with me.

• Like Like x 1
  20. PackerFan71

PackerFan71 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,001
    Cool all good, you know what hes up to. thats all im saying.

21. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    True. Enjoy it now while it lasts.
    You won't get fumbles left & right next playoff season, if you make it into the playoffs.

22. Alex

Alex Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +213
    You are OBVIOUSLY a dillusional homer. If you had seen the Packers play any other time during the year, there was no way that was even close to their A game.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  23. Tarl Cabot

Tarl Cabot Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +17
    I did see them play numerous games and the one against NY Giants in regular season left me very confident that when healthy we will beat them and we did.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  24. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,132
    we hung 38 on you in new jersey. No way we played with our A game in the playoffs.
    You seem very insecure about your team and how it's viewed. You keep saying we played our A game. But we both know that's not the case. Either way history says you won, so why do you care so much? Worried what will happen when we play up to par? When Rodgers throws 4 TDs? When Eli gets picked?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  25. Tarl Cabot

Tarl Cabot Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +17
    Why do you think they are best and why is obvious?

• Old Old x 1