What team do you want to see flop this season?

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You just don't get my point. Drops are part of the game. Would of, could of and should of are irrelevant. Bringing up drops because you team was not good enough at the time or too intimidated by the other team are just lame excuses. They are as lame as some Chicago Bears fans that keep harping if Jay Cutler didn't blow the easy win against Green Bay Packers in week 16 of 2010 by throwing those lame picks in the end zone then you don't make playoffs. The excuses by some NY Giants fans that Green Bay Packers won because of blown calls during regular season 2011 is also lame. It is how a team responds to the bad calls and the dropped passes is what is telling. It was obvious from 2011 regular season game that if healthy, NY Giants are head and shoulders the better team than Green Bay Packers regardless of blown calls and was proven in postseason at Lambeau Field. In lieu of the horrible officiating NY Giants dominated the game with ease because we were healthy. 2007 and 2011 NY Giants led NFL in dropped passes.
Huge drop on the right sideline in SuperBowl XLVI by Mario Manningham would have sealed the game and a huge gaffe by Victor C iruz early could have really cost us but we were able to overcome those and emerge victorious. Moving forward and striving to win in lieu of those mistakes is the mark of greatness. Harping on "dropped passes" and other feeble excuses instead of giving credit that the better team won is the mark of a loser.

yet you are talking about how many passing yards eli would have had if not for dropped passes...

Pot? Meet Kettle

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
for the record the packers were lucky to make the playoffs in 2010. I think a tampa game helped us, and then that D jackson return was a classic as well. Both were a big part of us making the playoffs that year.

Tarl Cabot

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
yet you are talking about how many passing yards eli would have had if not for dropped passes...

Pot? Meet Kettle

You realize that is the point I am making? It is sarcasm highlighting that would of, could of and should of are irelevant. I neither have an idea nor do I care if Eli Manning would have led NFL in passing yards if not for dropped passes. If the passes were caught the game could have went another way and it would not have matterred. It is irrelevant.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You just don't get my point. Drops are part of the game. Would of, could of and should of are irrelevant. Bringing up drops because you team was not good enough at the time or too intimidated by the other team are just lame excuses. They are as lame as some Chicago Bears fans that keep harping if Jay Cutler didn't blow the easy win against Green Bay Packers in week 16 of 2010 by throwing those lame picks in the end zone then you don't make playoffs. The excuses by some NY Giants fans that Green Bay Packers won because of blown calls during regular season 2011 is also lame. It is how a team responds to the bad calls and the dropped passes is what is telling. It was obvious from 2011 regular season game that if healthy, NY Giants are head and shoulders the better team than Green Bay Packers regardless of blown calls and was proven in postseason at Lambeau Field. In lieu of the horrible officiating NY Giants dominated the game with ease because we were healthy. 2007 and 2011 NY Giants led NFL in dropped passes.
Huge drop on the right sideline in SuperBowl XLVI by Mario Manningham would have sealed the game and a huge gaffe by Victor C iruz early could have really cost us but we were able to overcome those and emerge victorious. Moving forward and striving to win in lieu of those mistakes is the mark of greatness. Harping on "dropped passes" and other feeble excuses instead of giving credit that the better team won is the mark of a loser.

Your argument is ridiculous. What it proves is that on that day and towards the end of the season the Giants were the superior team, and that for a lot of reasons. None of us have any way of knowing what would have happened if the Packers had brought their "A" game. They didn't, and I for one am not making excuses. The better team on that day won. On that point you are right. But to talk about the Giants as the "superior team" as if there's no other team out there that can touch them, that's silly.

All you are saying is that since we won the Super Bowl, we're the superior team. Sorry. What it means is that since you won the superbowl, you're the league champions and you own the crown for a year. That you are/were superior to the Packers, Saints, 49ers or Patriots is what they call in them halls of academia, speculation, or what most the rest of us call, homerism.

c33j44y

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No hard feelings against the Giants for what happened so I can't whole-heartedly say I'd like to see them flop .. with that being said, the Eagles in sheer regard to the amount of game they talk contrary to the amount of playoff games they have won in the last few seasons.

Tarl Cabot

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Your argument is ridiculous. What it proves is that on that day and towards the end of the season the Giants were the superior team, and that for a lot of reasons. None of us have any way of knowing what would have happened if the Packers had brought their "A" game. They didn't, and I for one am not making excuses. The better team on that day won. On that point you are right. But to talk about the Giants as the "superior team" as if there's no other team out there that can touch them, that's silly.

All you are saying is that since we won the Super Bowl, we're the superior team. Sorry. What it means is that since you won the superbowl, you're the league champions and you own the crown for a year. That you are/were superior to the Packers, Saints, 49ers or Patriots is what they call in them halls of academia, speculation, or what most the rest of us call, homerism.

Green Bay Packers did bring their A game against NY Giants in poatseason and it just wasn't good enough.

No hard feelings. Maybe you guys can field a team that will play better in the playoffs next time.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green Bay Packers did bring their A game against NY Giants in poatseason and it just wasn't good enough.

No hard feelings. Maybe you guys can field a team that will play better in the playoffs next time.

There's a reason why the giants aren't considered the best team right now and there is a reason Eli isn't considered elite. Hopefully it won't take you long to figure out why.

Tarl Cabot

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
There's a reason why the giants aren't considered the best team right now and there is a reason Eli isn't considered elite. Hopefully it won't take you long to figure out why.

Folks tend to underestimate us over and over again. That ia quite alright with us. Go ahead and keep teeling yourself that Eli Manning is not ELIte and keep telling yourself NY Giants got lucky whatever makes you feel better. I will be content in watching Eli Manning continue with his career as he brings more Lombardi trophies for NY Giants.

Tarl Cabot

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

What it proves is that NY Giants are World Champions and The Best in NFL till another team proves otherwise.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What it proves is that NY Giants are World Champions and The Best in NFL till another team proves otherwise.

When is that? When they go 9-7? They miss the playoffs? The first loss of the season? The playoff loss?

What a team does in feb doesn't entitle them to anything in sept.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Folks tend to underestimate us over and over again. That ia quite alright with us. Go ahead and keep teeling yourself that Eli Manning is not ELIte and keep telling yourself NY Giants got lucky whatever makes you feel better. I will be content in watching Eli Manning continue with his career as he brings more Lombardi trophies for NY Giants.

The whole "Eli" in elite just makes me laugh. Sooo clever, I mean did you come up with that yourself?

Tarl Cabot

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
When is that? When they go 9-7? They miss the playoffs? The first loss of the season? The playoff loss?

What a team does in feb doesn't entitle them to anything in sept.

Actually what NY Giants did in February entitled us for the 1st game of season on national television. It also entitles us to The Title "Reigning SuperBowl Champion NY Giants."

Who do you think is best in NFL and why?

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually what NY Giants did in February entitled us for the 1st game of season on national television. It also entitles us to The Title "Reigning SuperBowl Champion NY Giants."

Who do you think is best in NFL and why?

I think it's obvious who I think is the best. Why is pretty obvious too.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice debate we have going here with the Giants fan as long as we keep it civil!!! Both sides are making some good points.

I am always up for watching the Cowboys tank! I love to watch them shoot themselves in the foot. The only other team I would enjoy seeing tank more is the Jets but that's a given with me.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True. Enjoy it now while it lasts.
You won't get fumbles left & right next playoff season, if you make it into the playoffs.

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You are OBVIOUSLY a dillusional homer. If you had seen the Packers play any other time during the year, there was no way that was even close to their A game.

Tarl Cabot

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You are OBVIOUSLY a dillusional homer. If you had seen the Packers play any other time during the year, there was no way that was even close to their A game.

I did see them play numerous games and the one against NY Giants in regular season left me very confident that when healthy we will beat them and we did.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I did see them play numerous games and the one against NY Giants in regular season left me very confident that when healthy we will beat them and we did.
we hung 38 on you in new jersey. No way we played with our A game in the playoffs.
You seem very insecure about your team and how it's viewed. You keep saying we played our A game. But we both know that's not the case. Either way history says you won, so why do you care so much? Worried what will happen when we play up to par? When Rodgers throws 4 TDs? When Eli gets picked?

Members online

Latest posts