What Should They Do?

Should the Packers fire Gutey and give Rodgers the extension that ties him to the team for the next

• Yes

Votes: 10 18.9%
  • No

Votes: 43 81.1%

• Total voters

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have heard a rumor that this is a possibility. If we do end up trading Rodgers, and don't get a good QB in the trade, I think we are looking at a rebuild situation. I think we can be decent with decent QB play, but I don't think Love is ready. I also think we need great QB play, not just decent or ok QB play, to be a super bowl contender.

I think getting Russel Wilson would keep us as a super bowl contender. I saw him play in person at NC State and of course I have seen how good he is with Seattle, he is one of the top QBs in the league. I have also heard we are looking at trading with the Raiders and getting Carr as the QB. I am not sure how good he is, whether or not he would be good enough to take us to a super bowl, but I think he could at least keep us as a winning and competitive, playoff-bound team while being a good mentor to Love, easing the transition. If we trade with the Broncos, we are not getting a decent QB and are looking at a rebuild.

What do you consider a rebuild. We are talking about 1 player. Other than QB we would have the same team. Even though it is the most important player I'd hardly consider that a rebuild. Growing pains for a year, maybe 2 but if Love has it it wouldn't take more than that and if it does he doesn't have it.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's the most disgusting and possibly stupid post, I've seen in this forum. And I do apologize for calling names, but in this case, it's warranted.

Quote me a instance where AR wanted to leave before the Love fiasco. Also even despite that, all he wants is guarantee of his contract and potential to play more for us.

Are we really starting a hate campaign for a player who wants to play longer for us? For me, it's ****** nuts.

Give him an extension that's loaded with performance based clauses and that's it. Even otherwise, just give him a damn extension. We are likely to do better with Rogers in 2024 than Love. And even if he degrades, we still have time to make amends.

The villifacation of Rodgers has to stop.

actually to be fair none of what has been stated actually is from him directly...just 3rd or further person removed rumors. The little kindergartner is a grown man, release a statement or have a presser and let everyone know precisely what is BS and what isn’t

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course you can't let the star QB dictate who the GM is. But I see where he's coming from - don't agree with him, but I see it. Rodgers wants commitment from the Packers that they want him as QB long term. And he sees Gute as the guy he can't trust, as the guy who wants to get rid of him and put his guy in (Love). He sees Gute as the guy who doesn't want to commit to him, and that's why he wants him gone.

Excellent post montro.

There is a lot of complicated stuff being thrown around but I really do think it is this simple. I don't think Gute necessarily has to go for Aaron to come back but there does need to be a guarantee for the next two years at least. If Gute is the one to commit to this so be it, I think Aaron comes back.

The thing is Gute has already said words to that effect in the past so if he meant what he said he needs to step up and do it. I would have no problem committing to Rodgers for 2021 and 2022. I'm not convinced one more year will be enough to get Love ready given how much he missed last year.

IF Gute's exit is a requirement for Rodgers to come back I say see ya later Aaron.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Personally I don't believe half of what the news media say's until they can back up.
I will not comment on anything until A-rod comes out and speaks for himself.
Until then as a Packer fan, let's hope we can get all this behind us soon.

Reaction score
What do you consider a rebuild. We are talking about 1 player. Other than QB we would have the same team. Even though it is the most important player I'd hardly consider that a rebuild. Growing pains for a year, maybe 2 but if Love has it it wouldn't take more than that and if it does he doesn't have it.

I think it would be a rebuild if we don't get a good QB because if we do have some growing pains for a year or two like you say is a possibility, I think that it would be time to move on from some of our other older players because of the salary cap and a closing window of opportunity with them.

I am not saying that we would be a bad team like many seem to think(although I think we could certainly have a losing season or two with bad QB play like any other team, which is a possibility if we trade Rodgers and Love isn't ready). I think that we will be solid for the next several seasons regardless. I just don't think that we would be a super bowl contender without the type of QB that can throw for many yards/have several td passes per game, and create, extend, or make difficult plays. In other words, I don't think we could win a super bowl with just a game-manager type QB. I also think that our current roster over the next season or two is going to be the best that is has been in a while and probably for a while after that.

Reaction score
Funny thing is Jordan Love was compared to Wilson a lot during scouting reports. At that point I would rather take my chances with Love and build for the next 2-15 years, both in terms of cap stability and creating a legit contender.

We should also all be keeping in mind that even if a Rodgers-less offense scores 0 points, our defense and return game can still win us games. Fans need to r-e-l-a-x about losing Rodgers and focus on MLF's admitted vision upon hire that he wants to get this team back to old school black & blue NFC North type of gameplay. Beefy lines, a very run-heavy offense, and a terrifying defense.

I would like to see the us adopt and implement this philosophy in building our team, at least for the most part(l personally like balance on offense, not just running or passing)instead of building our team around the QB, but are we currently built to win this way?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I am not going to take sides in the dispute because I don't know all of the facts, what is going on, or who is to blame. With that being said, to answer the question, no, I don't think firing the GM is a reasonable demand by a player.

All I know is that this situation had better get resolved.
Another rationale amswer

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think they should continue the status quo... Keep saying Aaron is our qb and we're planning for him to play... He can report when he wants to report and go from there... I don't believe Aaron will want to be fined for missing camp as that'll tarnish his legacy and any bad press will screw his chances for Jeopardy. If he retires so be it.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why not? The ball was in their hands, and they fecked up.

If you are going to use your opinion to justify vilifying the organization why can't others use their opinions to keep vilifying Rodgers. Just more of the I don't agree with your opinion so you need to stop talking mentality.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Forums aren't jury. I'm just going by available information as is most discussion on forums.

No, you are going off your opinion. Apparently no one else can have one. At least not one that differs from yours.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you are going to use your opinion to justify vilifying the organization why can't others use their opinions to keep vilifying Rodgers. Just more of the I don't agree with your opinion so you need to stop talking mentality.
It was an opinion. There was no information that AR was about anything other than an extension, do I'd say it has some basis in information available.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, you are going off your opinion. Apparently no one else can have one. At least not one that differs from yours.
If that's what you got from my post, you're wrong. As you say, it's just my opinion. Never pretended otherwise. Stop pretending as if it's a command.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
It was an opinion. There was no information that AR was about anything other than an extension, do I'd say it has some basis in information available.

I CALL BS

more "rumor" that its getting love, and wants Gute fired

Packers actual quotes..... We want him..cant phathom wo him..he is imeasurable..he makes this go..

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I CALL BS

more "rumor" that its getting love, and wants Gute fired

Packers actual quotes..... We want him..cant phathom wo him..he is imeasurable..he makes this go..

I'd agree that wanting Gute fired is probably BS. Now, who's going by rumors?

I'm just theorizing that he's expecting an extension. Anything else from him is a stretch.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Can anyone give actual quotes from rodgers in last week other than

Disappointed.
Love the fans
Love the packers

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I'd agree that wanting Gute fired is probably BS. Now, who's going by rumors?

I'm just theorizing that he's expecting an extension. Anything else from him is a stretch.
You said fo eff up.

Tell us how?

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would like to see the us adopt and implement this philosophy in building our team, at least for the most part(l personally like balance on offense, not just running or passing)instead of building our team around the QB, but are we currently built to win this way?
This draft further proves my point on MLF's vision (including UDFA's). If everything pans out this will be a SCARY team in 2-3 years even if we don't have a superstar QB

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts