What one player are you most excited about this season?

D

Deleted member 6794

It's almost like the idea that he lacked production and awareness at Michigan might have been accurate.

As I've mentioned repeatedly Gary's lack of production at Michigan is reason for concern. It's way too early to analyze if those were justified though.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All of a sudden I really like the two receivers Shephard and Lazaro. What's not to like? Shephard is more valuable for us and is better than Davis. But Lazaro has such good size and hands.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As I've mentioned repeatedly Gary's lack of production at Michigan is reason for concern. It's way too early to analyze if those were justified though.

I'm certainly not calling him a bust, or anything close to that, yet, but he's going to have to REALLY improve on some things in order to justify that #12 pick this year.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One player and why. Can be a starter or even a player fighting for a bubble spot.

Mine is Rashan Gary. I know a little cliche taking the first of the two first round picks, but what excites me is that I was not a fan of the pick in April. Really disappointed to be honest. Now that I’m reading he came to camp at 10% body fat, has been studying up and has been impressing from multiple spots in the front 7, I’m pretty excited to see what he brings to the team. I had low expectations for the #12 overall pick, but if he contributes he can be a massive surprise.
I’m a little late replying. Two weeks ago mine was Gary. Now I’m more excited about Savage. S has been so weak since Burnett left, that group may turn around completely with Amos and Savage and provide some much needed TOs.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am going with King or Jackson... I know it's only supposed to be one... And my reasoning is this... If either one excells and stays healthy I don't care which one it is... and bare any injuries if they are both healthy all year we could theoretically play out of a nickle or dime (saftey in a lb spot / 3 saftey) package for over 50% of the season... Josh and Kevin on the outside and jaire in the slot. Out of a 3-4 we could have the best matchup rotation of CB's in the league.

So along side Jaire Alexander... I look for one of those two guys to turn out to be the best CB duo if not trio in the league.. bar injury
I REALLY hope you’re right!

Dayooper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the addition of the Smiths, and Amos I am most excited about Rashan. The Defense has to stand out this year if the team expects to make it to best anyone in the division and make the playoffs. It is the defense that will hold up a suspect offense because I still do not know where Rogers health and head is and to tell the truth we do not have that goto guy that can catch anything thrown like Nelson could.I do not think we have that third down play making receiver on the team. Some of our running backs are ok but they go down for the season so quick that by mid way through the season there will be a running back shortage. It will be on the defense to hold a lead and win a game.

D

Deleted member 6794

I’m a little late replying. Two weeks ago mine was Gary. Now I’m more excited about Savage. S has been so weak since Burnett left, that group may turn around completely with Amos and Savage and provide some much needed TOs.

Actually the safety positions has been pretty weak since the Packers lost Collins to a career ending injury.

It is the defense that will hold up a suspect offense because I still do not know where Rogers health and head is and to tell the truth we do not have that goto guy that can catch anything thrown like Nelson could.I do not think we have that third down play making receiver on the team.

Davante Adams is definitely an elite receiver.

FYI he led the league in receiving yards on third and fourth down last season with 537 yards. Julio Jones came it second at 421.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually the safety positions has been pretty weak since the Packers lost Collins to a career ending injury.

Davante Adams is definitely an elite receiver.

FYI he led the league in receiving yards on third and fourth down last season with 537 yards. Julio Jones came it second at 421.
Burnett was serviceable. Collins was elite. Since Burnett, the entire group has under-performed. Hopefully Amos and Savage return that group to elite status. We’ll see.

Reaction score
I’m excited about having a RB who’s come right in performed in Dexter. Having a 1-2 punch is preferred in this league. While the running game may not = the passing game in importance. It absolutely benefits it. I think Dexter and AJ could be a formidable 1-2 by seasons end.

I also like getting a late round draft pick that ends up playing like an early round pick. That helps balance all those early rounders that flop.

D

Deleted member 6794

I’m excited about having a RB who’s come right in performed in Dexter. Having a 1-2 punch is preferred in this league. While the running game may not = the passing game in importance. It absolutely benefits it. I think Dexter and AJ could be a formidable 1-2 by seasons end.

I also like getting a late round draft pick that ends up playing like an early round pick. That helps balance all those early rounders that flop.

Actually I haven't been impressed with Dexter or any other running back having played in the preseason so far.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually I haven't been impressed with Dexter or any other running back having played in the preseason so far.
Me either. maybe a run here or there in each game, but on a whole, most downs have been disappointing. If that's what we can expect from our run game, we'll be throwing 70% of the time again this year.

D

Deleted member 6794

Me either. maybe a run here or there in each game, but on a whole, most downs have been disappointing. If that's what we can expect from our run game, we'll be throwing 70% of the time again this year.

Hopefully the running game will be improved with the starting offensive line playing and Jones rushing behind them.

morango

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay, I’ll be the contrarian here and pick Matt LaFleur. Although I remained a fan of MM for a long time, and am still glad he was the packers coach, it was obvious at the end that his offense was stale and predictable. My hope is that ALL the offensive players will be improved when the opposing defense doesn’t already know the play as soon as the packers line up in formation and and when they don’t run isolation routes all day from the shotgun without any pre-snap motion or even the slightest threat of play action.

If you force me to pick a player, I’ll go with Kadar Holman just because no ones picked him yet and he’s got a cool name (wasn’t he a character in Lion King or something?)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hopefully the running game will be improved with the starting offensive line playing and Jones rushing behind them.
I think that’s a bit rhetorical isn’t it? I would hope our starting line and #1 RB would beat the 4.68 yards a touch by our #3 rookie Not exactly a prophesy there ;)

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I'm going to pick a player on Defense that barely made the team last season and one on offense that still has work to do to make the final 53.
  • Raven Greene: From what I hear out of camp, this guy has really upped his game this year. While I like Savage, I think he needs a year of learning and Greene will be starting next to Amos sooner than later.
  • Allen Lazard: Lazard started the year as probably a long shot to even make the final 53. Packers new OC Nathaniel Hackett, who coached Lazard at Jacksonville has stated a few times how much he likes Lazard and his instincts, body control, hands and most importantly, he has earned the trust of the QB's. Hackett also mentioned that Lazard did a lot in the offseason to improve himself physically and showed up looking like a different guy.
Greene is no doubt a lock to make the final 53, Lazard isn't. But I think if Lazard keeps impressing these final 2 games, its going to be hard not to keep him. He may not get playing time early in the season, but the dreaded injury bug will probably eventually put him on the field and that is when I think we will see just how good he could be.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am now actually excited to see a little more of Kizer. I thought he looked pretty good last game.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm excited to see how Kumerow and MVS do. I think both work their way past GMo and contribute significantly down the stretch.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm excited to see how Kumerow and MVS do. I think both work their way past GMo and contribute significantly down the stretch.
I think you’re right. GMO seems to have been bitten by the injury bug, and all Kumerow and MVS do is get better and better.

Gonna be some hard decisions at WR as they get to 53.......

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Geronimo is going to contribute this year. I think he will be valuable. I hope they all are. Love the way Kumerow catches the ball.

D

Deleted member 6794

I think that’s a bit rhetorical isn’t it? I would hope our starting line and #1 RB would beat the 4.68 yards a touch by our #3 rookie Not exactly a prophesy there ;)

Yeah, you're right about that ;)

Raven Greene: From what I hear out of camp, this guy has really upped his game this year. While I like Savage, I think he needs a year of learning and Greene will be starting next to Amos sooner than later.

I'm absolutely convinced that Savage will start and play the majority of the snaps. Greene might receiving some snaps as well but I highly doubt he will move past the rookie on the depth chart at any point.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jimmy Graham. If Kitchens and Lafleur use the Tightend as much as they did in Jacksonville or Tennessee, we could see Graham finally start to pan out in this offense. I’m expecting 700 plus yds and 10 tds for him, which would be the best season a Tightend has Had since like Jermicheal Finley.

Members online

Latest posts