What if we finish 12-5

D

Deleted member 6794

At least 75% of thinking, breathing, Packer fans can see that Barry & his game plans are a problem. What if Savage is closer to his 2020 self and might actually be a bargain at $7.9mil?

Would love to find out what a better DC could do with him, Amos & our CB's.

Savage might play better under a different defensive coordinator but that's pure speculation. Taking a look at his performance on the field he will be vastly overpaid at $7.9 million next season.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Savage might play better under a different defensive coordinator but that's pure speculation. Taking a look at his performance on the field he will be vastly overpaid at $7.9 million next season.
Not only that but we should probably suck it up and give someone else a chance at his position. Savage is a lousy and scared tackler and does not use his speed to his advantage to cover imho.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To make matters worse for those caring about the future cap & our Safety situation...Amos will count $7.95mil against the '23 salary cap and is a UFA!! GB will be paying almost $16mil for Savage & an open spot. :( Ramifications of pushing cap $ out into the future.

Reaction score
It's all but certain the Packers would make the playoffs at 10-7.
Good question now that we are in a 17 game season there? Maybe 75% odds if I were guessing. Last season 100% of 10-7 teams made it (3/3)

At 9-8 I’d guess 30% odds season to season? Last season it was 25% of the 9-8 teams made it (1/4)

10-7 is a good goal though. We definitely can’t rely on 9-8

We’d need to win Sunday, go 3-2 against *Dallas, *Titans, Eagles, Dolphins *Vikings (*home games)
Then beat the Bears at Soldier field and *Lions and *Rams

Very doable but these next 2 games are detrimental.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

Not only that but we should probably suck it up and give someone else a chance at his position. Savage is a lousy and scared tackler and does not use his speed to his advantage to cover imho.

It's possible Savage will lose his starting job next season if the Packers find two safeties capable of performing at a higher levrl but he will all but guaranteed be on the roster in 2023.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's possible Savage will lose his starting job next season if the Packers find two safeties capable of performing at a higher levrl but he will all but guaranteed be on the roster in 2023.
True. But I would like to see him lose his job for a couple of games at least right now. And I would like to see Abernathy take his place.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True. But I would like to see him lose his job for a couple of games at least right now. And I would like to see Abernathy take his place.
Well. Savage DID a lot today to help Abernathy get the job.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Savage needs to be gone. If he's not ******** up he's invisible and it's like we're playing with 10 men
I thought he should have picked up the receiver on the TD over the middle. But he was looking only at the QB. He had no idea where anyone was on the field. Is that part of Barry's system?

Reaction score
I thought he should have picked up the receiver on the TD over the middle. But he was looking only at the QB. He had no idea where anyone was on the field. Is that part of Barry's system?
I think Safety can be one of those spots that mask a deficient player. At least for awhile anyways. Especially if he has good talent surrounding him

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What if we finish 11 and 6? Just kidding. At this point I'm thinking 5 and 12.
At this point I am thinking 4-13. The last game of the year will be insignificant and it will be like a preseason game.

D

Deleted member 6794

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind Savage getting benched either.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts