What if we finish 12-5

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have the same feelings I did in the beginning of the year. IF the Oline stays consistent and a receiver makes a big play or 2 a game but otherwise just makes the easy ones our offense will be good enough with the QB running things to have a chance. I wasn't planning on having such weakness at ILB or the safety and sometimes DB positions this year. But if they finally get that figured out, it's not going to be magic that wins us a lot of games.

But, they have a lot of work to do to make that a reality.

OP
OP
kevans74

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On O,

For the OL, provided Bahk and Jenkins can stay healthy, we have a Top 3/5 duo at LT/LG again. Myers needs to improve but hasn't been terrible. There's like 4+ guys in recent drafts that can hopefully fill in the RG hole. I hope it's Rhyan as he reminds me of Josh Sitton. RT - we haven't really addressed since Bulaga retired been mostly using stop gaps, but either a young guy,, Yosh or a FA can help?

The WRs and TE are terrible. Although I have liked the early returns from Doubs honestly. Lazard and Tonyan are serviceable but both are 28, so you know what you're getting with them. The good news here is that we probably won't overpay them in the off-season now. We just have to hope Cobb can get healthy and so can Sammy and Watson, who remains an unknown

I would have really, really liked Jeudy for this reason, but it is what it is....

The FO will have to draft a dynamic TE eventually

Our D has obviously under achieved, but the good thing is that they are aware of it. There have been news reports of them not liking the scheme/play calls this year so we will see that if they can fix it and figure it out....maybe it rights the ship?

Savage should probably still be gone though next year - he hasn't done enough

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he won't be gone though unless someone trades for his contract. He's frustrating. He CAN do it, he just chooses not to a lot of the time. I've seen him come up an stick people. lately he jogs and dances around them and it's hurting this defense in a big way.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
he won't be gone though unless someone trades for his contract. He's frustrating. He CAN do it, he just chooses not to a lot of the time. I've seen him come up an stick people. lately he jogs and dances around them and it's hurting this defense in a big way.
He plays like someone that doesn’t fear his defensive coordinator. Try that crap with a Todd Bowles type personality and see if that **** flies.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He plays like someone that doesn’t fear his defensive coordinator. Try that crap with a Todd Bowles type personality and see if that **** flies.
At this point I wouldn't mind seeing them activate Abernathy just to send the message. Get it right or get gone. I'd rather see someone out there making mistakes, but trying than see all that talent just loafing around the play.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
At this point I wouldn't mind seeing them activate Abernathy just to send the message. Get it right or get gone. I'd rather see someone out there making mistakes, but trying than see all that talent just loafing around the play.
That’s the only way to get someone’s attention.

MadCat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After the game versus Buffalo, despite losing, I felt like we had turned a small corner offensively and would start winning some games going forward, assuming (wrongly) the FO would make a successful trade for a WR.

Not sure it’s possible now, since they are going with their usual aggressive strategy of settling for the status quo and hoping for the best.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Just out of curiosity, what do you all think would happen if we just won out?

Somehow everything just finally *magically* clicks
No offense to you here but I`ll get my letter off to Santa this week. I REALLY REALLY REALLY don`t think that is going to happen ;)

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll reflect on the historical number of injuries that impacted all of the Packer's future foes and wonder at the meaning of life when every RB and QB for upcoming opponents (and also receivers, corners, and dlineman) tears their ACL's while practicing the week prior to playing the Packers.

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd say if there's anyone who really believes we have a good chance of finishing 12-5 then they should go ahead and put some nice money on that - suspect you would stand to make a very, very nice payday

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Games I am confident that Packers can win if they play to capability:

at Lions
Titans
at Bears
Rams
Vikings
Lions

That alone gets you to 9 wins which gives the Packers about a 90% chance at making the playoffs.

Lions are trash on defense. Titans at home is more than winnable. Rodgers owns the Bears. LaFleur owns McVay. And Vikings/Lions at home in the cold, give me Packers all day every day.

That leaves Cowboys at home, at Eagles, at Dolphins. Win one of those 3, and you’re at 10 wins and in the thick of it.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score

at Lions
Titans
at Bears
Rams
Vikings
Lions

That alone gets you to 9 wins which gives the Packers about a 90% chance at making the playoffs.

Lions are trash on defense. Titans at home is more than winnable. Rodgers owns the Bears. LaFleur owns McVay. And Vikings/Lions at home in the cold, give me Packers all day every day.

That leaves Cowboys at home, at Eagles, at Dolphins. Win one of those 3, and you’re at 10 wins and in the thick of it.
This is too optimistic. While I think we can win against the Cowboys or Dolphins, I expect this team to lose at least 2 of those games in the first 6 that you list.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
This is too optimistic. While I think we can win against the Cowboys or Dolphins, I expect this team to lose at least 2 of those games in the first 6 that you list.
4 of 6 at home. Rams have major issues right now. The titans have beat up on some bad teams lately. Lions defense is trash. No reason to lose to them. And the Vikings at home I’m not too concerned with.

Far from a given that the Packers win all 6, but they very well could and if they play up to their potential, those are all games they should be able to win.

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, what do you all think would happen if we just won out?

Somehow everything just finally *magically* clicks
We’d probably keep the Coroner busy with all the premature heart attacks?

Also the local Suicide Hotline would go out of business?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

at Lions
Titans
at Bears
Rams
Vikings
Lions

Let’s see how they do vs Lions, but I think 7 is realistic

Tminus6453

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If they go 12-5?, they would make the playoffs, lose their first playoff game and the offseason would begin

D

Deleted member 6794

Lazard and Tonyan are serviceable but both are 28, so you know what you're getting with them.

Just for the record (as I've seen you post this twice), Lazard is 26 years old and will turn 27 in December.

Savage should probably still be gone though next year - he hasn't done enough

The Packers inexplicably exercised the fifth year option on Savage this past offseason, meaning he will be on the roster next year earning close to $8 million.

Reaction score

at Lions
Titans
at Bears
Rams
Vikings
Lions

I agree with this.
Factoring in we have had one of the tougher schedules leaguewide and for me our 3-5 record is leaning more 4-4 in strength. Also we’ve been uncharacteristically sloppy almost across the board both on all 3 phases.
I don’t have any pure evidence other than my opinion and an eye test, but we’re better than our record shows and if MLF can improve slightly in a few key areas we can give anyone problems.

I don’t see any team that isn’t beatable. While the Cowboys, Eagles, Vikings etc.. are better teams, much can change if we keep improving to potential. We might not make the playoffs, but we can absolutely get into that 9-8, 10-7

Last edited:
OP
OP
kevans74

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just for the record (as I've seen you post this twice), Lazard is 26 years old and will turn 27 in December.

The Packers inexplicably exercised the fifth year option on Savage this past offseason, meaning he will be on the roster next year earning close to $8 million.
Ok

D

Deleted member 6794

I don’t see any team that isn’t beatable. While the Cowboys, Eagles, Vikings etc.. are better teams, much can change if we keep improving to potential. We might not make the playoffs, but we can absolutely get into that 9-8, 10-7

It's all but certain the Packers would make the playoffs at 10-7.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers inexplicably exercised the fifth year option on Savage this past offseason, meaning he will be on the roster next year earning close to $8 million.
At least 75% of thinking, breathing, Packer fans can see that Barry & his game plans are a problem. What if Savage is closer to his 2020 self and might actually be a bargain at $7.9mil?

Would love to find out what a better DC could do with him, Amos & our CB's.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts