1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

What did we learn in Week 2?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by GreenBlood, Sep 13, 2012.

1. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
    We learned a lot of Packer fans don't like Finley.

2. NelsonsLongCatch

NelsonsLongCatch Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +615
    Thank you!

3. NelsonsLongCatch

Ratings:
    +615
    Greenblood expanded the arguement to include the whole series. My arguement was that the first play, the play from which the interception was thrown, should have been a run. Packers had to get the clock started. Simple as that.

4. NelsonsLongCatch

Ratings:
    +615
    Is it not a fact that the Packers, as a team, averaged 3.8 yards per carr for the game?

5. NelsonsLongCatch

Ratings:
    +615
    I never solely blamed MM. I blamed MM, JJ and Rodgers. All three share the blame, 33.3% each. MM for the play call, Jones for running the wrong route and Rodgers for the pass. It is a SHARED blame.

6. GeeDogWarrior

GeeDogWarrior 0 - 0

Ratings:
    +139
    I learned that 3.5 Sacks isn't good enough to win Defensive Player of the Week ... somehow :confused:

7. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    Sure, whatever you say man. :rolleyes: Have a cookie.

8. NelsonsLongCatch

Ratings:
    +615
    I have to say it again, I never thought you'd go so emotional :cry:

9. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    What on earth are you talking about? At least TRY to make some sense once in a while.

It's time to grow up, son. I think I hear your mommy calling.:coffee:

10. NelsonsLongCatch

Ratings:
    +615
    Are you alright? Grown men usually aren't this emotional... Do you want to talk about it? :(

11. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    Who gave you the idea that grown men don't get emotional? If you don't get emotional then there is something fundamentally wrong with you (a fact that you've already established.) I get emotional about things that matter. But stomping a mental ant like you under foot? Nah... nothing emotional about that. I consider it entertainment.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. NelsonsLongCatch

Ratings:
    +615
    Soooo you don't want to talk about it?

You weren't this bold when you private messaged me asking for a truce.

13. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    :laugh: Seriously? It was YOU who sent a PM :cry: "Uncle" Are you off your meds again? :confused::confused: For someone who's so in control of his emotions, you sure take some awfully mundane things WAY too personally.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. NelsonsLongCatch

Ratings:
    +615
    You're really starting to worry me... So to refresh your memory:

1. Ready to grow up yet, moron?

GreenBlood, Yesterday at 12:51 AM

1. GreenBlood said:

Ready to grow up yet, moron?

I didn't think you'd get so emotional

JenningsLongCatch, Yesterday at 1:14 AMReport

1. I'm not.

GreenBlood, Yesterday at 1:24 AMReport

1. GreenBlood said:

I'm not.

OK
    JenningsLongCatch, Yesterday at 1:35 AMReport

15. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    So let me get this straight, telling you to grow up privately so as to spare you some of the shame you've inevitably brought upon yourself is tantamount to asking for a truce? :cautious:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. NelsonsLongCatch

Ratings:
    +615
    Riiiiiiiight :rolleyes:

17. NelsonsLongCatch

Ratings:
    +615
    When did that happen?

18. Croak

Croak Terminally twisted.

Ratings:
    +1,159
    Man, you guys need a good woman and some Guinness....

19. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,942
    Jezzzzz

I asked for it not to get this far

Do I have to start deleting and locking

20. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    It's all good, boss. Show's over.

21. Alex

Alex Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +213
    The plus side of this whole argument was seeing GreenBlood's gif over and over again :tup:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. Iron Lion

Iron Lion Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Breaking News

Tampa Bay Buccaneers coach Greg Schiano has discovered a new desperation strategy for the final seconds of a football game.

In the event that the Buccaneers' opponent intends to allow the game clock to wind to within, say, 0:05 and then kick a game-winning field goal, Schiano has instructed his defense to repeatedly make contact with the offensive line every time the teams line up so as to draw an encroachment flag. The defense has been told to do this ad nauseam until the opposing team is finally exasperated and decides to run a regular offensive play.

"It's good, tough, clean, hard-nosed, thick-skulled football," Schiano said. "We've run this play... oh... in five years we've given up four touchdowns, so the strategy is obviously working. We just need to play better defense when we get in that situation. We won't change the way we play. We will continue to smash our heads into the wall until it works. That's what toughness is all about."

23. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,416
    Exactly as I thought too. Often times the QB and receivers cut off routes when things get busted up. When it works they look like heros and when it doesn't, things look bad. Jones should have run his route better but when he correctly recognized that the CB had jumped the route, he broke off to go behind the CB. However, Rodgers was more correct because that was the called play. So I don't think that anyone did anything wrong per se, they just weren't on the same page. These guys aren't robots programmed only to run the programmed play. If one wanted to (and I'm not advocating this), you could blame the INT on Rodgers' throwing ability that made him think that he still could get that pass into JJ arms DESPITE the CB jumping the route.

I don't mind these kind of plays happening in a blowout game like this. If anything, it gets Jones and Rodgers on the same page for a more critical situation later in the season. I have a feeling that I'll be digging this post out later in 2012 for an I-told-you-so

• Winner Winner x 1
  24. ThxJackVainisi

ThxJackVainisi Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +2,813
    Listen to the first 5-6 minutes of "Tuesdays with Aaron". Although Rodgers says he and Jones weren't on the same page on that INT, he also says by the time Jones adjusted his route the ball was already released. When that happens - a CB jumps the route - the WR's job is to "turn into a CB" and knock the ball down. Obviously even an offensive pass interference call would be preferable to an INT. Rodgers hasn't been as pinpoint accurate as he was last year so part of the slow start on O is his fault but I don't fault him at all for that pass (there was no reason for him to slide IMO). BTW Rodgers apologized to Jones for going off on him on the field and Jones responded, 'no need to apologize'.
    http://www.stationcaster.com/player_skinned.php?s=71&c=1191&f=732521

Beyond that, after years of reading his stuff and listening to him, I respect Jason Wilde. I don't completely agree with anyone but I do respect Wilde's point of view and opinions. As a beat writer he spends as much time in the Packers locker room as any outsider and if you listen carefully you get an idea of players he likes/respects a lot and those he doesn't. He has a very high opinion of Jones - he calls him a standup guy because he accepts responsibility for his screw-ups. Don’t get me wrong, I wish Jones was more consistent and more sure-handed. But there's a reason Rodgers went to bat for him when his contract was up.

BTW IMO Rodgers is generally pretty interesting on the show and talks about the evolution of the Tampa 2 D on this show which I thought was particularly interesting.
    - - - - -
    It's not my place to post this (but I am anyway) as I've gotten into some arguments here that have gone on way too long too. But I think a good rule of thumb is on your third post on the same subject, if you aren't substantively expanding, answering, or clarifying a point, it's time to finish by offering to give the other poster the last word on the subject.

25. MLB

MLB Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +14
    IMHO:

(A) Given those particular game circumstances, the running play was the correct call.

(B) Rodgers threw the ball, not Mike. Rodgers elected to throw...not to run, not to slide.

A "pick"? I think it's almost always on the QB. Sometimes, the receiver may be to blame for an interception...but the Head Coach (or the Offensive Coordinator) shouldering the blame? Never.