1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Wells injured again. Out for the Vikings game.

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by IronMan, Sep 2, 2008.

1. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    Link

McCarthy: Wells has setback
    It appears the Packers won't have center Scott Wells for the season opener -- and perhaps much longer -- after he suffered another setback in his recovery from a recurring lower back injury.

Coach Mike McCarthy said today the team was gathering more information on the status of Wells, who has sustained or aggravated the "trunk" injury at least three times in recent weeks.

Asked whether the team previously believed Wells would be ready to play Monday night against Minnesota, McCarthy said, "Definitely. I think it was 16 days that he's been going through the rehab, and this is unfortunate. I know Scott's frustrated, but he had a setback at (Monday's) practice."

That means the Packers will revert to the starting offensive line that closed the preseason, with Daryn Colledge at left guard, Jason Spitz in Wells' place at center and Tony Moll in Spitz's place at right guard.

Wells originally sustained the injury in practice on Aug. 1, then aggravated it early in the preseason.

-- Tom Pelissero, tpelisse@greenbaypressgazette.com

2. wischeez

wischeez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    That's not good. Back problems really suck, and I hope his is better fast. We need him back to run the O line.

3. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Unreal.

4. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +650
    the way it's been going, i'd be more surprised if he was able to come back than if he wasn't able to.

5. Vikeman

Vikeman Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    bozz_2006 wrote:
    well, the Packer victory on September 8 will be officially null, according to Viking fans.

Well, the Viking victory on September 8 will be officially null, according to Packer fans.

6. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6

all this does is validate the Packers victory on Sept 8. according to anyone.

7. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +650
    touche!

8. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +650
    Can I ask why that post I made a week (I think) ago got under your skin so bad? I mean, I don't really make too many dick comments comments on here, try to be civil with everyone... I make fairly inert comment, and you call me a retard. What gives?

9. Vikeman

Vikeman Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    LoL Total ownage!!

10. TheEngineer

TheEngineer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Probably because they are desperate for validation that their team truly is a Superbowl contender and aren't just another overrated team. :p

11. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +650
    Yeah, you really made me look like an *******.

12. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    oh what the hell is wrong with wells. this is the 2nd re-injury of his initial injury. thats 3 injuries! I have a feeling we won't be able to count on him at all this entire season.

13. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    I wasn't going to say it, but yeah.

14. mike bat

mike bat Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    ohh man ,, i was hoping we would have him back ...

15. MajicMan

MajicMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    This sucks. We can't keep piecing this line together. Jared Allen is going to feast. Hopefully we'll gut this one out. Look on the bright side...Jackson is still their QB. :lol: I can see Woodson pick-6 already... :rofl: