Wells injured again. Out for the Vikings game.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Link

McCarthy: Wells has setback
It appears the Packers won't have center Scott Wells for the season opener -- and perhaps much longer -- after he suffered another setback in his recovery from a recurring lower back injury.

Coach Mike McCarthy said today the team was gathering more information on the status of Wells, who has sustained or aggravated the "trunk" injury at least three times in recent weeks.

Asked whether the team previously believed Wells would be ready to play Monday night against Minnesota, McCarthy said, "Definitely. I think it was 16 days that he's been going through the rehab, and this is unfortunate. I know Scott's frustrated, but he had a setback at (Monday's) practice."

That means the Packers will revert to the starting offensive line that closed the preseason, with Daryn Colledge at left guard, Jason Spitz in Wells' place at center and Tony Moll in Spitz's place at right guard.

Wells originally sustained the injury in practice on Aug. 1, then aggravated it early in the preseason.

-- Tom Pelissero, [email protected]

wischeez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's not good. Back problems really suck, and I hope his is better fast. We need him back to run the O line.

V

Vikeman

bozz_2006 wrote:
well, the Packer victory on September 8 will be officially null, according to Viking fans.

Well, the Viking victory on September 8 will be officially null, according to Packer fans.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vikeman said:
bozz_2006 wrote:
well, the Packer victory on September 8 will be officially null, according to Viking fans.

Well, the Viking victory on September 8 will be officially null, according to Packer fans.

all this does is validate the Packers victory on Sept 8. according to anyone.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vikeman said:
bozz_2006 wrote:

touche!

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can I ask why that post I made a week (I think) ago got under your skin so bad? I mean, I don't really make too many **** comments comments on here, try to be civil with everyone... I make fairly inert comment, and you call me a retard. What gives?

V

Vikeman

bozz_2006 said:
Can I ask why that post I made a week (I think) ago got under your skin so bad? I mean, I don't really make too many **** comments comments on here, try to be civil with everyone... I make fairly inert comment, and you call me a retard. What gives?

LoL Total ownage!!

TheEngineer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:

Probably because they are desperate for validation that their team truly is a Superbowl contender and aren't just another overrated team. :p

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
oh what the hell is wrong with wells. this is the 2nd re-injury of his initial injury. thats 3 injuries! I have a feeling we won't be able to count on him at all this entire season.

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
oh what the hell is wrong with wells. this is the 2nd re-injury of his initial injury. thats 3 injuries! I have a feeling we won't be able to count on him at all this entire season.

I wasn't going to say it, but yeah.

MajicMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This sucks. We can't keep piecing this line together. Jared Allen is going to feast. Hopefully we'll gut this one out. Look on the bright side...Jackson is still their QB. :lol: I can see Woodson pick-6 already... :rofl:

Members online

Latest posts