well... OK.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's true, we may never get another chance like this - getting 5 turnovers on the defending SB champions in their own house with a 16 point second half lead.

Never again? For the rest of the history of Packer Football?

Overreaction in 3...2....1

desertdog55

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They obviously don't remember the 70s and 80s...lol. I do, it was HORRIBLE. Year after year after year, laughing stock of the NFL. Used to be when an NFL player screwed up, the coach would threaten to trade him to Green Bay. Players would pray NOT to get drafted by the Packers. Too many people are just plain *** spoiled. Yes it was a tough loss, and it hurts. Try again next year, life goes on.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They obviously don't remember the 70s and 80s...lol. I do, it was HORRIBLE. Year after year after year, laughing stock of the NFL. Used to be when an NFL player screwed up, the coach would threaten to trade him to Green Bay. Players would pray NOT to get drafted by the Packers. Too many people are just plain *** spoiled. Yes it was a tough loss, and it hurts. Try again next year, life goes on.

Yep, a lot of these fans who are whining and on suicide watch are likely bandwagon fans that we have accumulated.

One proud Packer fan here. I love my team. Now lets reload. Have a good draft and a resign our key guys and get it on next season!

PackManDan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because a lot of fans have lives outside of Football and understand that losing happens? You have to learn to take the good with the bad. In Football, there is more bad than good. Get used to it.

You are stating an obvious fact. Of course losing happens. That wasn't what was said though. I just don't understand fans who can be so calm and after a complete **** fest game that by all accounts should have been won by us and we find every imaginable way to blow it some people just say "on to next year!" like they don't even care.

PackManDan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep, a lot of these fans who are whining and on suicide watch are likely bandwagon fans that we have accumulated.

One proud Packer fan here. I love my team. Now lets reload. Have a good draft and a resign our key guys and get it on next season!

Well first of all, I wasn't even born in the 70's/80's so of course I don't remember those days. Secondly I've been a fan of the Packers ever since I was 8 years old. So absolutely not a "band wagon" fan and I'm pretty sure this was directed towards me since you said I was whining in an earlier post.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You are stating an obvious fact. Of course losing happens. That wasn't what was said though. I just don't understand fans who can be so calm and after a complete **** fest game that by all accounts should have been won by us and we find every imaginable way to blow it some people just say "on to next year!" like they don't even care.

I'll take this loss against Seattle all day for a redo of that Superbowl against Denver.

Losing to the Broncos in that Super Bowl stung 100 times worse than this Seahawk loss does (at least for me)

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Some are upset and depressed like me..Because we dont get all ape on a forum, means we dont care?

But coming on to a forum and telling Bostick to kill himself isnt the right way either...

Just like a death, people handle a loss differently...For me, what good is it to post fire Dom...

I am pretty sure posters here donot know what the players exact responsibilities were on certain plays, but they KNOW Dom has to be fired.

But they KNOW what every player was told with 5 mins to go if they get a T/O

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
I'll take this loss against Seattle all day for a redo of that Superbowl against Denver.

Losing to the Broncos in that Super Bowl stung 100 times worse than this Seahawk loss does (at least for me)

Ya I had this discussion about an hour ago. Losing in the Superbowl especially in a game many believe to be one of the top 5 Superbowls will always be worse than any other game.

Heck I was too young to even consider myself a true packer fan at the time (was about 6 or 7) and I still can't watch highlights of that game.

It'll make winning the Super Bowl again that much more sweet in the future.

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But coming on to a forum and telling Bostick to kill himself isnt the right way either...

Saw that. Nice work taking that **** down.

Some bellyaching is par for the course after a loss but some people are senseless. LegalizeIt makes a poor case for his handle.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, we're all supposed to bang our heads against the wall, get all pissed off and bent out of shape and whine and cry how things didn't go our way.

I don't think you'd find many who would put Packer fortunes at the top of their priority list, but if you can't get a little emotional about perhaps the biggest/fastest meltdown in sports, why do you bother to waste any time at all coming to a Packer forum?

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
forgot about that shot with him chewing on something. when I saw him chewing on something just something in me said something is going to happen that made me worry about that game. didn't know it was going to be this bad!

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think you'd find many who would put Packer fortunes at the top of their priority list, but if you can't get a little emotional about perhaps the biggest/fastest meltdown in sports, why do you bother to waste any time at all coming to a Packer forum?

Look at some of the words people have used to describe this loss, not only on this forum but others. Dreadful, Disgusting, Embarrassing, Debilitating, Unforgivable. Some of the phrases I have read "this is going to hurt for a long long time" "not sure I'll ever get over this" "can't remember when I have ever felt so let down" "so pissed I can't think straight" Add to that the comments that people are leaving on Bostick's twitter and the like and they sound like pretty obsessed comments to me. I'm not saying you have to be all happy go lucky about it but some of the things I have been reading over the last few frankly have me a bit worried about the mental health of some of our Packers fans.

Besides that, my comment was in response to someone who basically said I can't believe those Packers fans who are not up in arms over this. I've chosen to not let it bother me but I don't question the way others feel about it. I mean I question it in the sense that it seems silly to me but I understand it and respect it. but I don't try to make it sound like they are less of a fan the way PackManDan did in the post I responded to.