Week 5: Packers @ Lions

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No Alexander is big. I think he’s a great matchup for Tate to shut him down. I guess we wait to see that. I think he’s the biggest inactive for us this week

H

HardRightEdge

Breeland is listed as inactive from what I have seen.
Doh!
At first I thought maybe they were getting him up to speed and in playing condition, but now I have to wonder if his foot still isn't healed fully.
Breeland wasn't listed on the injury report until Friday where he popped up as "limited participation / questionable" with a hamstring. So, there's that. The Troy Brown era rolls on unless he was released this week and I missed it.

H

HardRightEdge

Q: How is it possible for a team to be down 24-0 at the half without having punted even once?

A: That question is now rhetorical.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
While I do believe the ball never hit King on that punt, it might next time, I am so sick and tired of seeing players even near the damn ball when the returner yells off coverage...."GET THE F*C* OUT THERE!"

Last edited:

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How come the offense has been coming out like crap but comes alive in the second half.

bgrice91

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McCarthy literally gave up by sending 'Miss it Crosby' back out there for a freaking 56 yrd fg. I can't even say I'm surprised.

Tacklynn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Am I observing a telling comparison in character and demeanor or does my lack of football knowledge obscure my vision? Last week Aaron Rodgers is unhappy with the game plan and playing and gives a pouty news conference that indirectly raises questions about Mike McCarthy's competence. This week Mason Crosby has a disastrous game that could certainly raise questions about his competence going forward and Mike McCarthy gives him an opportunity to get the last points of the game. I see self absorbed sulking vs. team building class. Am I seeing correctly or do I need a vision test?

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Am I observing a telling comparison in character and demeanor or does my lack of football knowledge obscure my vision? Last week Aaron Rodgers is unhappy with the game plan and playing and gives a pouty news conference that indirectly raises questions about Mike McCarthy's competence. This week Mason Crosby has a disastrous game that could certainly raise questions about his competence going forward and Mike McCarthy gives him an opportunity to get the last points of the game. I see self absorbed sulking vs. team building class. Am I seeing correctly or do I need a vision test?
McCarthy literally gave up by sending 'Miss it Crosby' back out there for a freaking 56 yrd fg. I can't even say I'm surprised.
You do realize, with the FG, the Packers still had a chance to tie the game (hail mary) if they had recovered the onside kick. If they had gone for the TD there would have been no time left for the kick off recovery and FG/HM.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
You do realize, with the FG, the Packers still had a chance to tie the game (hail mary) if they had recovered the onside kick. If they had gone for the TD there would have been no time left for the kick off recovery and FG/HM.

Sadly, there wasn't enough time on the clock for that scenario, since the clock runs during a kickoff once its touched. The game was over no matter what happened before the final FG.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
from http://www.espn.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=401030745
Off sides penalty would have negated this beaut:

so there would have possibly been time for a final shot.

I will have to watch it again, but had the Packers recovered the ball after an onside kick, time would have gone to zero. Since Detroit was receiving, I assume they are on offense and its not considered a penalty on the defense, for one last play to be run?

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I will have to watch it again, but had the Packers recovered the ball after an onside kick, time would have gone to zero. Since Detroit was receiving, I assume they are on offense and its not considered a penalty on the defense, for one last play to be run?
Don't bother. The point was a FG with an onside kick, hail mary, 2 pt conversion, OT score was the only theoretical chance to win. No other way at that point was possible.

D

Deleted member 6794

Breeland is listed as inactive from what I have seen. At first I thought maybe they were getting him up to speed and in playing condition, but now I have to wonder if his foot still isn't healed fully.

Breeland was listed on the injury report with a hamstring injury. That indicates his foot wasn't the reason for him missing the game.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
ME BAD
The last field goal try was not the 56 yarder. There he should have punted or gone for it. Needed 11 with 5+ minutes left.

Just realized Packers never punted plus scored or missed FGs on every 2nd half drive.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts