1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Week 2 - Redskins

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by El Guapo, Sep 5, 2013.

1. GoPGo

GoPGo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +806
    Wow. We have something in common. John Riggins = Jim Taylor. Same kind of player. And who is the greatest CB to ever play the game? It's not Deion Sanders...

2. 12theTruth

12theTruth Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm sticking with Herb Adderly

3. GoPGo

GoPGo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +806
    Dude, seriously... take your Pro-Confederacy BS elsewhere.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. GoPGo

GoPGo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +806
    While I'd love that to be true, we both know differently..:cautious:

5. GoPGo

GoPGo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +806
    Yeah, half of them are politicians.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. robdog

robdog Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +308
    As someone else stated in another post, this is boarder line political. Just a friendly reminder to keep ALL discussions football related.

• Creative Creative x 1
  7. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
    One thing of comfort about the Redskin game Sunday. Their safeties are probably worse than ours. :eek:

• Like Like x 2
  8. NorthWestCheeseHead

NorthWestCheeseHead Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +375
    Stickie? Are wee doing the weekly stickied "official" thread about each game this year again, or no-go?

9. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,977
    Could report threads to ask why not a sticky?

Sometimes it is very hard for a mod to see a post such as this...A report will be seen by the mods for sure

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. MackemPacker

MackemPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +29
    Think Capers will play a lot of zone coverage again? Not sure the redskins have a receiver capable of abusing it the way Boldin did. Regardless I think this is a bounce back game for the Packers, 31-14.

11. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    Oh yes they do. Leonard Hankerson is an underrated WR, with big play capability. He did some damage to the eagles in the monday night game.

12. USArmyParatrooper

USArmyParatrooper Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +72
    Griffin appears not to be physically back 100%, but he shook some of the rust off his throwing arm against the Eagles. I wouldn't sell out the pass to protect the read again.

13. ExpatPacker

ExpatPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +519
    RGIII put on a clinic attacking the prevent defense in the 2nd half. Redskins' defense tightened up a lot in the 2nd half as well. Redskins are not pushovers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,452
    What's his history on attacking our patented ole defense?

15. Kerrigan91

Kerrigan91 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Redskins fan here in peace. (unless you ask 13 time champs, who probably will accuse me of throwing excrement on him or something)

Hoping for a clean game with no injuries on either side. Redskins got sucker-punched the first half of last week. We'll see if it was just RG3's rust or a bigger underlying issue but they played better in the 2nd half. Given the predicament they were in (short fields, turnovers) the Redskins defense I think has improved over last year, but its still bottom 1/3rd of the league. Its why I think this game will be a shootout. I think both teams front sevens are good, but both have some big issues in the secondary.

I do expect a close game. If I had to guess I'd say 34-30 Packers, but I really wouldn't be surprised to see the Redskins win either. They're a better team than they showed Monday night, and typically play to the level of their opponents.

Also, Pierre Garçon is very good against Zone coverage, and much more elusive when he has the ball than people give him credit for.

I think it'll be fun to watch the pass-rushers in this game. Specifically Matthews and Kerrigan.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Darth Garfunkel

Darth Garfunkel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +495
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    Watch out for Orakpo, Kerrigan, and Stephen Bowen (my former next-door neighbor here in Frisco for 4 years he was a Dallas Cowboy).

http://packersinsider.com/2013/09/redskins-week-packers-must-stop-tremendous-trio-on-defense/

Anyone else here remember the last (only) time Rodgers faced Orakpo & the Redskins?
    Here's a clue: Had Crosby made his last-second game-winning kick, none of it would have happened.

18. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    Darrell Green?

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,452
    My thinking as well....for some reason my old brain was remembering his name as Darrell Washington, but I was thinking about Green. I loved watching him play.

20. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,014
    2 D.C. cops sat next to us at Lambeau a couple of years ago when we opened the season against the skins. They couldn't have been nicer, and loved the experience at Lambeau. All teams have some a-holes as fans, like the drunks around us spilling drinks. As for this game, Packers 37 Skins 27.

21. 12theTruth

12theTruth Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Alright who placed a hex on my Packers? Now I see Finley has a toe injury (turf??) and may not play on Sunday! :mad:

22. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    He better man up and take a damn injection in that toe.......we gunna need his big A$$ on that field no doubt.

• Agree Agree x 2
  23. 12theTruth

12theTruth Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Having Finley is critical as he at times demands attention from the defense in the way of their coverage schemes. Our backup TE's do not provide that kind of receiving threat. So now that defense can gear more double towards Jordy or possibly Cobb. Considering our green offensive line and they're still growing into their positions it is a horrible time for Finley to suffer an injury.

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. Dan115

Dan115 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +483

I understand he went to Minn to get treatment on his toe. Hey, 12th truce ok? GO Pack GO!

25. gatorpack

gatorpack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +153
    41-38 Pack! I see no reason to think the pack D can slow the skins offense. At least the skins D is even worse and we have Rodgers! McMillian just said that he is not ready to play in this defense,
    so why should we trust them? We don't have the players to play zone. You can see 3 or 4 guys WIDE open on almost any pass play last week. Kaps hardest decision last week was deciding which open guy to throw the ball to. The flats were open all game. There was a free 5yds anytime they wanted it. So do we play zone again or play man and let RGIII use his legs?

• Like Like x 1