Week 17 Showdown on Fox?

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am from Boston and heading out to Chicago for NYE. Staying in the Magnificent Mile area. I expected that since I was so close to Wisconsin for a change I would not have a problem watching that game. With my luck, of course da Bears are playing da Vikings at the same time on the same network. Anyone have any ideas where they will actually turn on the Packers game for me? Any chance this game gets flexed? Thanks for the help!

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A sports bar. Chicago has a ton of them.

I don't believe week 17 games get flexed because there's no Sunday night game, but I could be wrong. Now that I think about it I think last year's Packers Vikings game was flexed to Sunday night, so it's very possible the Lions game would be too. The only other week 17 game that would probably decide a division champion is Houston and Tennessee, but Packers Lions would easily get better ratings.

OP
OP
RepStar15

RepStar15

Reaction score
A sports bar. Chicago has a ton of them.

I don't believe week 17 games get flexed because there's no Sunday night game, but I could be wrong. Now that I think about it I think last year's Packers Vikings game was flexed to Sunday night, so it's very possible the Lions game would be too. The only other week 17 game that would probably decide a division champion is Houston and Tennessee, but Packers Lions would easily get better ratings.
Awesome, thank you! So most sports bars will actually play the game? Here in New England, its extremely rare to find a bar that will play another game while the Pats are in. Really only 3 bars that I know of in MA/RI will play a packers game if the Pats are on. I was not sure if Chicago would be the same way.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are there any good NYC Packers bars? I'm going to be there for NYE and I need somewhere to watch our boys #RunTheTable on New Year's Day.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I can totally see NBC Gobbling up the Packer-Lion game up. It should be the biggest game of week 17, unless of course, the Lions beat Dallas and we lose to Minny. Heck, they will do a 15 minute piece just on the Hail Rodgers play from last year!

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am from Boston and heading out to Chicago for NYE. Staying in the Magnificent Mile area. I expected that since I was so close to Wisconsin for a change I would not have a problem watching that game. With my luck, of course da Bears are playing da Vikings at the same time on the same network. Anyone have any ideas where they will actually turn on the Packers game for me? Any chance this game gets flexed? Thanks for the help!
If you Google "Packers Bars Chicago" you'll find a listing with a couple very near the Magnificent Mile. (O'Leary's Public House and/or the Trophy Room). Have a GREAT NY-weekend, and let's be safe out there! ;)

D

Deleted member 6794

First of all I think it's probable the league will flex the Lions vs. Packers game to Sunday night.

If the game will be played earlier that day here's a link to a site supported by the team where you can find Packers bars around the country. It lists seven bars in Chicago as well as nine in NYC.

http://www.packerseverywhere.com/find-a-bar

OP
OP
RepStar15

RepStar15

Reaction score
Thanks everyone! I think the network/NFL would be silly not to flex the Pack/Lions game. Fingers crossed Rodgers runs the table.

Latest posts