Reaction score
I think Matt Nagy and Chuck Pagano just lost their jobs though

All three things the funny posters here credited to the Bears have wrecked them

1. The bye week proved meaningless and made em rusty

2. Trubisky scrambling ability negated by his turnover prone play

3. Bears defense and special teams are a trainwreck

Chuck Pagano has made Mike Pettine look like Fritz Shurmur at his apex

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Having Akiem Hicks out has really benefited us

I was super happy to hear this news. I think it was the Viking-Bear Game. When Hicks left with an injury, the Viking offense totally got rolling. This is the kind of guy the Packers need next to Clarke.

Well, I do wonder what Pokerbrat thinks about the Bears defense getting 40 burgered lol

The Bears defense didn't give up 40 :p

I was pretty impressed with the Packer offense, but totally unimpressed with the Bear defense. Mack, R. Smith, Travathan all were very quiet tonight, at least with their play, not their mouths. The whole Bear defense was trash talking all night and playing like :poop:. #98- Bilal Nichols should be fined for taking a cheap shot on the last play of the game, an obvious kneel down.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love the way the ball is being spread around.
Did The Pack play looser on that last bear drive? why?
I kind of like it that they scored and now hopefully we will continue to bear down. I absolutely see no good reason for a prevent type D when you get a lead. Just takes away momentum and gives it to the other guys. And it sure does not keep them from scoring or use up much time.

With such a lopsided score I don't mind prevent D there. Keep everything in front of you and force them to methodically go down the field and eat up the clock.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was super happy to hear this news. I think it was the Viking-Bear Game. When Hicks left with an injury, the Viking offense totally got rolling. This is the kind of guy the Packers need next to Clarke.

The Bears defense didn't give up 40 :p

I was pretty impressed with the Packer offense, but totally unimpressed with the Bear defense. Mack, R. Smith, Travathan all were very quiet tonight, at least with their play, not their mouths. The whole Bear defense was trash talking all night and playing like :poop:. #98- Bilal Nichols should be fined for taking a cheap shot on the last play of the game, an obvious kneel down.

The Bears D is just not the same without Hicks in there. Him getting double-teamed makes Mack a real problem.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love the way the ball is being spread around.
Did The Pack play looser on that last bear drive? why?
I kind of like it that they scored and now hopefully we will continue to bear down. I absolutely see no good reason for a prevent type D when you get a lead. Just takes away momentum and gives it to the other guys. And it sure does not keep them from scoring or use up much time.

Correction. They way the Packers normally execute the prevent defense doesn't use up much time.

The way they executed it on the Bears two final scoring drives forced the Bears to use up 10 minutes of game time. Thats exactly what its intended to do. And quite litterally is the best way to win a game when the only way for them to come back is to score quickly.

The Bears had two possessions the rest of the game after the Packers went prevent after going up 41-10 in the 3rd quarter despite GB only running 13 plays themselves the rest of the way.

Really the only way they lose is if they give up big plays and turn the ball over so eliminating one of those possibilities is a smart idea

Simple math. If a team needs 4 possessions to tie and simply executing a prevent defense can limit them to 2 possessions its the easiest and safest way to win. That alone kinda disproves the "see no good reason for a prevent type D" comment.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We as Packer fans will always go off about the little things in a game, but i felt good about it because of the big picture

1. A much needed bounce back game and our guys showed the big energy for it

2. Bears are effectively done. Hard to believe at one point they were 5-1. But on a five game skid that the bye week did nothing to fix... Those coaches there are in trouble

3. We're set up nicely for a potential win out run here. I mean obviously we will have our work cut out against Tennessee in week 16, but I think even there we can pull it out.

All we need is just to keep winning and for the Seahawks and Saints both to just drop one more.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Correction. They way the Packers normally execute the prevent defense doesn't use up much time.

The way they executed it on the Bears two final scoring drives forced the Bears to use up 10 minutes of game time. Thats exactly what its intended to do. And quite litterally is the best way to win a game when the only way for them to come back is to score quickly.
I guess I have to agree with this. It was not an all out sell out. Still do not like the habit of giving up points. You never know when Pettine will use the prevent. He plays scared a lot.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To be fair, I think the frustrations just stem from seeing opponents like Tampa Bay seemingly stay aggressive on D despite having a 28 point lead. Whereas we just don't have that kind of finish.

Now let's get one thing straight. The Bears were done once that score hit 41-10. There was no way period for them to come back. But still ... just something a little annoying about giving up garbage time TDs. They're meaningless in the grand scheme of things, but something about a defense refusing to give those up speaks better about mental toughness.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
The Bears were done once that score hit 41-10. There was no way period for them to come back. But still ... just something a little annoying about giving up garbage time TDs. They're meaningless in the grand scheme of things, but something about a defense refusing to give those up speaks better about mental toughness.

Bad of me to say, but I have a friendly bet each week on the final score of the game. My prediction was Packers 38-24, she predicted 28-10. So the gambling side of me didn't mind those last two TD's so much :D

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Still do not like the habit of giving up points. You never know when Pettine will use the prevent. He plays scared a lot.
Look at it this way. Pettine's prevent defense gave Nagy a reason to keep Trubisky at QB the rest of the season, which should help us in Week 17.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look at it this way. Pettine's prevent defense gave Nagy a reason to keep Trubisky at QB the rest of the season, which should help us in Week 17.
That would deserve a funny if I did not hate Pettine's prevent so much.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

I'm hoping we get to see Tyler Bray in that final game! Da Bears are back to searching for a QB for 2021 and beyond. Their deal with Foles will allow them some time, while still remaining competitive. The funny/scary thing about the Bears, is that they really are just an "Aaron Rodgers away from being a really good team." Which I guess you can say about many teams. Possibly with the exception of Detroit, I think Aaron Rodgers on any team in the North Division makes them the best team in the North.

Fortunately, Aaron Rodgers like players don't come along very often, hopefully the next one will show us some Love in Green Bay. :coffee:

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fortunately, Aaron Rodgers like players don't come along very often
Unless you're the 2008 NY Jets or the 2009 Minnesota Vikings....the clock is officially ticking on Rodgers with the Jordan Love pick!

Anyone else notice the facial expression of Trubisky at the line? In pre-game, he looked fired up and in command while firing up his team. However, at the line he looked worried/concerned/scared when looking over the defense pre-snap. He doesn't have the confidence and it's written all over his face.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Anyone else notice the facial expression of Trubisky at the line? In pre-game, he looked fired up and in command while firing up his team. However, at the line he looked worried/concerned/scared when looking over the defense pre-snap. He doesn't have the confidence and it's written all over his face.

Yup and thanks for pointing it out, I was thinking the same. Some call the look that Rodgers have as being "cocky". I say "confident". Last night, even with a big lead he was visibly upset at I think one of his receivers. The Bears had jumped offsides and Rodgers had a free play. I am guessing Rodgers felt that whomever he was squawking at didn't have his head in the game and do what he was suppose to do in that situation. Some might call Rodgers a bad teammate for that. I would say that he was just being the confident, perfectionist that most of his teammates know that he is and backs up with his game. He is also very consistent with how he behaves.

D

Deleted member 6794

Bears defense and special teams are a trainwreck

The Bears defense is actually pretty good but the Packers offense performed at the top of their game on Sunday.

With such a lopsided score I don't mind prevent D there. Keep everything in front of you and force them to methodically go down the field and eat up the clock.

Unfortunately the Packers prevent defense gives up points way too fast in most cases.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Bears defense is actually pretty good but the Packers offense performed at the top of their game on Sunday.

Unfortunately the Packers prevent defense gives up points way too fast in most cases.

Usually when any team goes into prevent their opponents score points. You see this in many games, especially when one team has more than a 2 score lead. I was never worried about the Bears when we got that big lead because their offense is so bad. I think the Eagles will be more of a challenge this weekend.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
scoring points isn't really an issue, giving them up in 40-120 seconds is. give up a FG or a TD, but make them burn 5 minutes at least doing it.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score

I'm guessing week 17 won't matter.

Last edited:

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
????? Why not?

Sorry, let me clarify. They will play week 17, but it won't matter. Replace happen with matter. The playoff picture at the top is coming in pretty clear and the Packers will probably have nothing to play for in week 17.

Members online

Latest posts