Week 10: Panthers @ Packers [H]

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This just doesn't really look like a good football team in any area. What is our "strength"? Do we even have one?

I mean, Aaron Rodgers of course, but is our passing offense something opposing defenses fear?

Last edited:

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am so sick of this special teams unit constantly putting the offense and defense both in unfavorable field position. Even on a touchback they manage to lose 10 yards of field position.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They’ve been like an anchor lately in almost every aspect outside of FGs

Reaction score
We knew this wasn’t going to be easy. We were fortunate we recovered that fumble and got that Roughing the passer or it would’ve been much closer.

8-2!

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This has been an issue long before MLF came along. IMO this is Rodgers' doing.

Yup, and I'll be the first to defend Rodgers against many criticisms about his play and ability to operate at a high level. But his play clock awareness is bad and I'd be willing to bet he has the most delay of game penalties of any QB in NFL history.

I say the Packers need to give him a wristband with a beeping play clock wired into it so he feels more urgency to rush the team to the line.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup, and I'll be the first to defend Rodgers against many criticisms about his play and ability to operate at a high level. But his play clock awareness is bad and I'd be willing to bet he has the most delay of game penalties of any QB in NFL history.

I say the Packers need to give him a wristband with a beeping play clock wired into it so he feels more urgency to rush the team to the line.

You're joking, right? There is absolutely no way Rodgers has the most delay of game penalties of any QB in NFL history. I'll take any bet you want to make on that.

He had a bad one today but he is generally aware of it. We see pre-snap timeouts with the play clock running down almost every game.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We knew this wasn’t going to be easy. We were fortunate we recovered that fumble and got that Roughing the passer or it would’ve been much closer.

8-2!

That "fortunate" word probably describes the Panthers more so than us. They were fortunate Lazard got tagged with a bad OPI call, that Jimmy Graham got his feet tangled up and didn't get the other one down on a should have been TD catch, that Matt LaFleur passed on the FG, that Jaire Alexander dropped that pick 6

Could go on and on and on

Better team won in the end though

Reaction score
That "fortunate" word probably describes the Panthers more so than us. They were fortunate Lazard got tagged with a bad OPI call, that Jimmy Graham got his feet tangled up and didn't get the other one down on a should have been TD catch, that Matt LaFleur passed on the FG, that Jaire Alexander dropped that pick 6

Could go on and on and on

Better team won in the end though

Exactly! I thought the roughing the passer was a NON ISSUE. It resulted in 0 points. But talking heads and Carolina fans are acting like that was the sole reason we won. Stop it. Like you said, what about the pick six or all the other things you mentioned. Seems like people outside of us fans seem to be not taking this team seriously.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly! I thought the roughing the passer was a NON ISSUE. It resulted in 0 points. But talking heads and Carolina fans are acting like that was the sole reason we won. Stop it. Like you said, what about the pick six or all the other things you mentioned. Seems like people outside of us fans seem to be not taking this team seriously.

Yes, they seem to forget that after the penalty yardage was assessed we still had to go almost 80 yards to go to score. It is on the Panthers that they couldn't stop AR and company from making big plays in that drive.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh and also. I STILL am not worried about San Fran at all. But I do worry about Seattle.

Well the offensive line had better be up for the task in the dirty bay in 2 weeks though. They didn't do so well lining up against Joey Bosa last week, and we got to face his younger brother in this one. Front 7 has been pretty good over there.

Wasn't surprised they lost to Seattle last night, they were going to lose one eventually. But it'd be a mistake to think we won't get their best shot in 2 weeks.

Reaction score
Well the offensive line had better be up for the task in the dirty bay in 2 weeks though. They didn't do so well lining up against Joey Bosa last week, and we got to face his younger brother in this one. Front 7 has been pretty good over there.

Wasn't surprised they lost to Seattle last night, they were going to lose one eventually. But it'd be a mistake to think we won't get their best shot in 2 weeks.

Winner will be #1 seed in NFC for playoffs. You heard it here

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
And how many wasted time outs because the darn play clock is almost zero? This is one of the aspects of Rodgers' game that drives me crazy.
My eye test tells me that over the years for every wasted time out there is a free play for a TD or at least a long pass play because the DL jumped off sides with <5 seconds left on the play clock.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My eye test tells me that over the years for every wasted time out there is a free play for a TD or at least a long pass play because the DL jumped off sides with <5 seconds left on the play clock.

Yeah but on the flipside if you hurry out of the huddle and catch the defense trying to sub, you can catch em with too many men on the field. I'd prefer we get back to that.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts