Week 1 Player of the Game

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This week it's: 3/4 of the earth is covered by water. The other 1/4 is covered by CLAY MATTHEWS.
(Apologies to Charles Woodson fans.)

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vick owns us.. I hope we never have to play that man ever again.

Maybe he'll have to go back to jail.

Shields was awful but it really hurt watching Woodson blitz and Shields cover DJAX.

I though Jackson came in and did a great job keeping enough pressure off the passing game too...

BUT! MATTHEWS WAS A BEAST! Even my girlfriend who is starting to watch football said the guy on the back of my shirt makes alot of good plays lol. Is it me or am I the only one that thinks he is a missle fired at the QB almost every snap he blitzes on?

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I don't know what they got in Kolb. No doubt, he looked TERRIBLE today. Vick was by far the best option. But if they think that Kolb can be an elite talent, they should start him.

Yep, Eagles gotta try to develop a pocket passer and Kolb is their guy. Scrambling QBs also are more likely to get injured as well and there goes your season. That hit on Vick near the goal line by Collins I was surprised he got up. Kudos to Vick for getting up.

I found it interesting that Vick was blowing his own horn in the post game press conference saying "If I had been out there 4 quarters we might have won!" Possibly. But against a D that has been together for 16 games in the playoffs, your scrambling ways just don't work. Vick wants the starting job now you can tell, but I think Philly must think highly of Kolb and he'll continue to be the starter.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I found it interesting that Vick was blowing his own horn in the post game press conference saying "If I had been out there 4 quarters we might have won!" Possibly. But against a D that has been together for 16 games in the playoffs, your scrambling ways just don't work. Vick wants the starting job now you can tell, but I think Philly must think highly of Kolb and he'll continue to be the starter.

Looks like Philly has themselves a battle amongst the QB's. Real healthy for the lockerroom. I wonder if anyone reminded him of why he didn't go very far in the playoffs in his career...

As for Kolb, his numbers don't lie. Last season he had decent games he was in and Philly must have liked him if they drafted a systems QB in the second round... I actually think Kolb has the potential to be a top 12 QB in the NFL once he gets a few years under him. Weapons all around will help too.

BigDaddyKaine

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Shields was awful but that is to be expected for now.

MVP - Clay Matthews

I hate Mike Vick he always treats us like one of his dogs.

Members online

Latest posts