Week 1 GODS @ queens

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This comment is coming from a place of an alternate reality.

Well considering the times we live in, it sure feels like it.

The league chose to resume knowing the conditions.

The players chose to play knowing the conditions.

Fans will choose to attend knowing the conditions.

Its all about choices.

D

Deleted member 6794

That's where being a professional athlete kicks in. These guys makes millions of dollars or far above the national average salary. They all chose to play this season. Got to do your job.

NFL players being professional athletes doesn't mean they're robots by any means. Being on the road is still a disadvantage for teams this season for reasons mentioned in this thread albeit not as big as in previous years.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I've lost a huge amount of respect for Greg when he said all those things after he left The Packers and joined The Vikings. Ever since then guys like Skip and Colin took what he said and ran with it. It was a ***** move on his part and if he had issues with Rodgers, he should've addressed it with him. Nevertheless he's gotten better over the years in regards to his feedback in regards to The Packers, and he's been objective for the most part. I still don't care for him in the slightest though. He was a great receiver during his times here but thought he was worth more than he actually was and it bit him in the butt in the long run.

I respectfully disagree with you here. Do we KNOW he didn`t try to reach out and try to address the issue with Rodgers ? He was foolish, there is no argument there. His sister didn`t help the matter by opening her mouth, even though it was obvious she would naturally defend her own flesh and blood. Regarding the matter of thinking he was worth more than he actually was is, I think, a common flaw in most professional sportsmen in as much as their time in the sport is limited and they want to earn the big buck. When he appeared on the BBC American football programme, he came across articulate and knowledgeable so I`m personally prepared to at least give him the chance to prove himself at least. I can`t say I actually hate him for his foolish post Packer comments because he was part of the SB winning squad, but I don`t idolize him either. He was bitter and said some stupid things probably to make himself feel better.......a human trait unfortunately.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg Jennings is easy. He was great as a Packer, didn't like him as a Viking. just like it should be :)

But other than saying somethings i didn't really care for, but for an understandable reason, he's done nothing to show me he's anything other than a pretty decent person. I think he'll be just fine as an announcer.

H

HardRightEdge

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I respectfully disagree with you here. Do we KNOW he didn`t try to reach out and try to address the issue with Rodgers ? He was foolish, there is no argument there. His sister didn`t help the matter by opening her mouth, even though it was obvious she would naturally defend her own flesh and blood. Regarding the matter of thinking he was worth more than he actually was is, I think, a common flaw in most professional sportsmen in as much as their time in the sport is limited and they want to earn the big buck. When he appeared on the BBC American football programme, he came across articulate and knowledgeable so I`m personally prepared to at least give him the chance to prove himself at least. I can`t say I actually hate him for his foolish post Packer comments because he was part of the SB winning squad, but I don`t idolize him either. He was bitter and said some stupid things probably to make himself feel better.......a human trait unfortunately.

You sold me buggar...He's the next Howard Cosell. You actually honourably seem to pay attention to what happens off the pitch, I mean field. LOL Now if you would participate in viewing the games you might vindicate yourself in the shoutbox LOL :sneaky:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Is it just me or do others possibly feel like the Packers do today, the least prepared that you have ever been to start a season?

Probably just me. I have had a lot of stuff going on outside the Packers and just haven't really paid much attention to all the inner workings of the team.

All that said, I am excited for kickoff and to finally be able to see the 2020 Packers. Go Pack Go!

Packers win a defensive battle, as both teams try to knock off the rust..... 17-13.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So today's questions ...

1. While he's currently number 3 on the Vikes WR depth chart, no doubt they're going to look to get Justin Jefferson on the field as much as possible. Who will be matched up against him?

2. Which ILB (looking at Burks here) steps up today against Cook and Rudolph?

3. Which of our 3 wrs behind Adams will step up today? Will Tonyan or Sternberger be the guy at TE today?

in other news ....

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have not gotten this amount of hype for a game since the 2002 Superbowl. Buck and Aikman getting ready

H

HardRightEdge

Is it just me or do others possibly feel like the Packers do today, the least prepared that you have ever been to start a season?

Probably just me. I have had a lot of stuff going on outside the Packers and just haven't really paid much attention to all the inner workings of the team.
Not really. The Packer head count of FAs and rookies expected to make a contribution is about as low as it gets. For me it's about the right side of the OL, whether year two of the LaFluer systems makes a difference, whether they can get out of the huddle faster, whether year two in the Pettine system for a bunch of those guys makes a difference, what hurry-up looks like if they want or need to execute it. Gary is a linchpin in whether this defense can take a step forward--that opens up possibilities for a variety of fronts and a Smith-Smith-Gary combination that can rush the passer and edge contain funnelling runners inside.

The Vikings are a different matter with key personnel changes and no preseason to work out the kinks.

I'll say this much. That KC-Houston game was pretty clean for a week 1 game. Maybe preseason really is only about evaluating young talent.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Not really. The Packer head count of FAs and rookies expected to make a contribution is about as low as it gets. For me it's about the right side of the OL, whether year two of the LaFluer systems makes a difference, whether they can get out of the huddle faster, whether year two in the Pettine system for a bunch of those guys makes a difference, what hurry-up looks like if they want or need to execute it. Gary is a linchpin in whether this defense can take a step forward--that opens up possibilities for a variety of fronts and a Smith-Smith-Gary combination that can rush the passer and edge contain funnelling runners inside.

The Vikings are a different matter with key personnel changes.
All solid points.

I fully expect a solid outing for the Packers today. Much more question marks for the Vikings. As I've mentioned previously, the one positive of returning much of last year's team is the continuity. Could theoretically give the Packers an edge in the early stages of the season.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really surprised to see St. brown inactive. Greene and Turner are pretty important players to the team as well.

jon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Chiefs-Texans game was not as messy as I'd expected, not at all.
Kind of gives me hope for today's game in MN.

Both teams are good, and both coaching staffs have shown they know what they're doing so I expect a decent game.

I watched last year's two Vikes games yesterday, and in both GB was in control. First half turnovers made one closer than it should have been, and the inconsistent office made the other one close. Assuming neither of those two happen today, the Pack should win.

24-13

H

HardRightEdge

With Turner out, it will be interesting to see if they roll with RG Taylor/RT Wagner or RG Patrick/RT Taylor or the ultimate curveball, RT Jenkins/LG Taylor/RG Patrick. Maybe not so much of curveball.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 6794

Jordan Love is inactive. Wow, Gutekunst traded up in the first round to select a quarterback who hasn't been able to move past Boyle on the depth chart.

jon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jordan Love is inactive. Wow, Gutekunst traded up in the first round to select a quarterback who hasn't been able to move past Boyle on the depth chart.

No surprise. Not good, a rookie WR would be playing, but this is no knock on Love, at least. He can't be expected to be useful so soon.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Really. How good do you need to be to hand off the ball in the 4th qtr while running the mop up offense?
:D

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Seems like forever. NFL is finally back.

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NFL players being professional athletes doesn't mean they're robots by any means. Being on the road is still a disadvantage for teams this season for reasons mentioned in this thread albeit not as big as in previous years.

I completely agree with you, they are not robots. Never said that and I've definitely have never thought that way. However (Max Kellerman voice), the players opted into the season and all that comes with it. While, I personally don't think there is much of a home advantage this season; outside of weather for open air stadiums, I cannot discount the pandemic component in all this.

H

HardRightEdge

After watching the Chiefs, if Dillon is supposed to be the 2021 answer to the FA situation, Edward-Helaire at #30 while saving the 4th. round pick would have opened up a lot of possibilities. But that's bridge under the water and it's game time!

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"The N.B.A. announced Friday that Danuel House Jr., a reserve forward for the Houston Rockets, had breached the league’s health and safety protocols by inviting an unauthorized guest to his hotel room...."

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/11/sports/basketball/nba-houston-rockets-danuel-house.html#:~:text=announced Friday that Danuel House,to finish out its season

Call it the pleasures and perils of being on the road, whether in a "bubble" or not.

He just tapped out. 3 months in a "bubble" was gonna lead to some trouble.

Rockets conceded early in the series anyway.

Its a war of attrition for the NBA restart. House couldn't take it anymore.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well first half assessment ....

Studs: Jaire Alexander, Davante A and finally a big MVS play

Duds: not using Dillon on the goal line

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts