Week 1 GODS @ queens

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well ... I will say while it's still early and not our game, the Texans offense sure hasn't seemed to have gotten the COVID memo from @Poppa San lol.

Just throwing that out there anyway

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I like Reid's foggy face mask. Did I just hear Mahomes audible to "Lambeau! Lambeau!"
Speaking of audibles, I’d like to hear Orange Bozo come out of Rodger’s mouth again this year. Have no idea what it means.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vikes open as three-point favorites. If we can't contain Cook, despite having all offseason to prepare for him, this may be a long season.

Three points isn't much. Don't they automatically give the home team 3? I have no clue what to expect this year. This is the first time I can remember not waiting on pins and needles for the season to start. :unsure:

H

HardRightEdge

i figured it was a set up :)

wasn't it New York Bozo?
It's been both. NY Bozo goes back to around 2014. Orange Bozo is from around 2015, say, during a certain campaign. And you thought I was joking. :sneaky:

D

Deleted member 6794

Packers rule out Randy Ramsey for Sunday's game at Minnesota. Montravius Adams and Billy Turner listed as doubtful. Raven Greene is questionable to play.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Three points isn't much. Don't they automatically give the home team 3? I have no clue what to expect this year. This is the first time I can remember not waiting on pins and needles for the season to start. :unsure:

I don't think they automatically do, someone correct me if I'm wrong, maybe in close matchups like this they favor the home team.

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Minnesota
Danielle Hunter on IR + unproven at CB + suspect interior D-line + O-Line still below average + Kirk Cousins at QB=Green Bay steamrolling!!!

If Green Bay's defense against the run game improves, and Aaron Jones puts Minnesota's front 7 on skates, then Rodgers and Adams are gonna feast off play-action.

Rodgers: 3TDs and 275 yards, completion % over 70

Adams: 2 TDs and 175 yards receiving

Jones: 1 TD and 110 yards rushing + 1 TD and 50 yards receiving

Defense: 4 sacks, fumble, and 2 INTs

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I fully expect us to run at will over the left side and get a lot of slants and passes in the flat exposing their CB’s.
This is NOT Rodgers' M.O. He is always looking for the big play and often holding the ball to long. I agree, the strategy you describe would be effective, though.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have a feeling we'll be seeing Oren Burks. Which is fine with me as I would like to see him play.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
There is no home field advantage this year
It's obviously no where near the advantage it would be if there were actually fans, but home teams still have something of a home field advantage, albeit marginal. There's something to be said for sleeping in your own bed and being in your own surroundings in your own stadium.

For me, I remain optimistic that fan attendance will gradually improve throughout the season. That being said, it's definitely an enormous break for the Packers to catch the Vikings with no fans.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is the first time I can remember not waiting on pins and needles for the season to start. :unsure:

Understandably so as the bigger pins and needles issue was whether or not there would be a season. And what football would look like in it.

I'm feeling a lot more ready though after seeing the game on Thursday and knowing it's going to proceed tomorrow. It is different without playing a preseason, but I'm feeling more and more ready to go.

Last edited:

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's obviously no where near the advantage it would be if there were actually fans, but home teams still have something of a home field advantage, albeit marginal. There's something to be said for sleeping in your own bed and being in your own surroundings in your own stadium.

That's where being a professional athlete kicks in. These guys makes millions of dollars or far above the national average salary. They all chose to play this season. Got to do your job.

For me, I remain optimistic that fan attendance will gradually improve throughout the season. That being said, it's definitely an enormous break for the Packers to catch the Vikings with no fans.

I personally doubt the stadiums will ever go above 25% capacity, and when you factor in the weather changes later this year, the attendance may cap at around 15% capacity.

This season will be undoubtedly be about, who is the better team.

Last edited:

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
That's where being a professional athlete kicks in. These guys makes millions of dollars or far above the national average salary. They all chose to play this season. Got to do your job.
This comment is coming from a place of an alternate reality.

H

HardRightEdge

This comment is coming from a place of an alternate reality.
It sure ain't coming from San Francisco. ;)

This season players on the road will be seqestered in their hotels. That doesn't mean some fine young ladies won't be hanging out in the bar.