Week 1 GODS @ queens

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MVS nice end to first half, drive killing drop to start the 2nd. They don’t get much easier than that

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, there definitely is no taking away from the fact that this was a huge start to the season. Rodgers can definitely still get it done, and our other receivers had their chance to shine.

The thing to remember is Minny lost all those players on defense and had just put Hunter on IR, so our job got a little easier. Just a bit concerning about some plays given up by the defense too because we got some good offenses coming up including both teams on the field right now down in NOLA.

Gonna be interesting ... Gotta take care of business against Detroit now.

Last edited:

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dreadful O in the red zone the first half. loved how they moved the chains and devoured the clock all game long. no punts that i can recall. stacked up the first downs...awesome. 2nd half they seemed to morph into last seasons offense a lot. the D was up and down. gutted up the middle but minn was too stupid to keep going there. game wasn't as close as the score made it seem. lol

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is it just me or do others possibly feel like the Packers do today, the least prepared that you have ever been to start a season?

Probably just me. I have had a lot of stuff going on outside the Packers and just haven't really paid much attention to all the inner workings of the team.

All that said, I am excited for kickoff and to finally be able to see the 2020 Packers. Go Pack Go!

Packers win a defensive battle, as both teams try to knock off the rust..... 17-13.

Swing and a miss. Strike one.

It's not just you on the other stuff though. I'm just hoping the Southern Lakes conference gets their season in this fall.

Really. How good do you need to be to hand off the ball in the 4th qtr while running the mop up offense?
:D

I think even JL could have taken a knee twice

After watching the Chiefs, if Dillon is supposed to be the 2021 answer to the FA situation, Edward-Helaire at #30 while saving the 4th. round pick would have opened up a lot of possibilities. But that's bridge under the water and it's game time!

Is that like water under the dam? Either way it's not a good sign :)

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One thing on offense about today's game bothered me. We still screw around and waste time outs with the play clock! :confused: We didn't need those TOs today but sometime soon we will.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Am I the only one that's not really too concerned about this game? Like seriously I really don't understand why people are so high on The Vikings after all they've lost. They don't have a the better receiving corp, I say we edge them out in overall running backs, quarterback is a given, Oline I think we are better hands down, as well as our secondary. Sure their defensive front is tough, but again I don't see why that should make them the favorites to win the game. And tbh I expect a blowout victory this week. Rodgers begins to remind everyone why he's still the bad man.
Called it.

jon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In a game that was not as close as the score would indicate:

1. The Vikings are not good. As expected their D is average at best, but their offense is a wreck.
2. "GB's offensive line is thin" is a very optimistic way of putting it.
3. Where was Dillon in the goal line situations?
4. Mr Adams is certified star in this league.
5. MVS was up and down, wasn't he? It will be interesting to see how he responds on the field next week.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In a game that was not as close as the score would indicate:

1. The Vikings are not good. As expected their D is average at best, but their offense is a wreck.
2. "GB's offensive line is thin" is a very optimistic way of putting it.
3. Where was Dillon in the goal line situations?
4. Mr Adams is certified star in this league.
5. MVS was up and down, wasn't he? It will be interesting to see how he responds on the field next week.

Imo,

1. It was only one game and after no preseason and a weird camp.
2. Could be in a better situation, but the Vikings are in a worse one than we are. I don't think we're in so bad a spot, but a phone call to Veldheer would make me feel a good bit better.
3. I mean I know he's big, but he's still a rookie and presumably behind both AJ and JW.
4. Has been for years.
5. A bit, but he still had a big game. I'll take a few gaffes if he can somewhat reliably put up similar numbers.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
One thing on offense about today's game bothered me. We still screw around and waste time outs with the play clock! :confused: We didn't need those TOs today but sometime soon we will.
I agree...im..amazed it still happens

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
The absolute worst was calling a TO before the 1st snap of the quarter.
I think even JL could have taken a knee twice
Sure? It's been screwed up before.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Called it.

Yeah the Vikings issues coming into the season were the offensive line, wr outside of theilen, defensive line and cbs. None were good today
1. Packers pressured Cousins consistently
2. Their wrs outside of theilen did almost nothing
3. Take out qb kneels and they gave up 5.4 ypa and didn't have a single sack.
4. The cbs were exposed all game. It wasn't just Adams. take away even one of his drops and mvs has over 100. Lazard had 60 plus and a td. They also were really bad at tackling on the outside.

The offensive line isn't likely to get better. The wrs and cbs are young so maybe but Hughes and Hill played cb last year and weren't good and Johnson at wr is just a guy. The defensive line will get better when hunter gets back.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As an aside, I know there's a long ways to go, but the contrast in which the NFL has better handled the COVID-19 situation compared to MLB is just startling.

The NFL managed to put 17K fans in a stadium for their opening game. MLB has been fanless the entire time and still almost lost their entire season in the opening week.

I also was personally surprised to find out that at least for me, lack of fans had zero impact on my perception of the game. I thought the NFL experience would be most affected by lack of fans. If I didn't know they weren't there I probably wouldn't have even noticed.

H

HardRightEdge

As an aside, I know there's a long ways to go, but the contrast in which the NFL has better handled the COVID-19 situation compared to MLB is just startling. The NFL managed to put 17K fans in a stadium for their opening game. MLB has been fanless the entire time and still almost lost their entire season in the opening week.
I wouldn't consider 20% attendance at a game startling. Besides, the prudence of doing one thing or another doesn't show up for a week or two. A lot depends on how those 17,000 were behaving.
I also was personally surprised to find out that at least for me, lack of fans had zero impact on my perception of the game. I thought the NFL experience would be most affected by lack of fans. If I didn't know they weren't there I probably wouldn't have even noticed.
I'm pretty sure Rodgers and the offense noticed the relative quiet.

It was about what I expected. I've been watching a fair amount of the PGA, and about a half dozen MLB games with crowd noise piped in, since they started back up and I can't say I've missed the crowds. On the one hand I do think it is important to play under the pressure of a hostile crowd or feeding off one that's behind you. On the other hand, no crowds eliminates a lot extraneous circuses and makes for a more even playing field. The music between snaps is something I'll never miss or idiots yelling "in the hole" or "booyah" on every other golf swing. Guys paired with Tiger Woods are not playing under a handicap, so to speak. The announcers don't get charged up and overly effusive feeding off the crowd. Pros and cons, you might say.

D

Deleted member 6794

No surprise. Not good, a rookie WR would be playing, but this is no knock on Love, at least. He can't be expected to be useful so soon.

Love not being able to move past Boyle on the depth chart is a knock on him. I agree he shouldn't be counted on to be useful soon, therefore there was no reason to trade up in the first round to select him.

However (Max Kellerman voice), the players opted into the season and all that comes with it. While, I personally don't think there is much of a home advantage this season; outside of weather for open air stadiums, I cannot discount the pandemic component in all this.

I expect the players to deal with the current situation in a professional way as well. My point being that there's an advantage in playing at home even without crowd noise.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, there definitely is no taking away from the fact that this was a huge start to the season. Rodgers can definitely still get it done, and our other receivers had their chance to shine.

The thing to remember is Minny lost all those players on defense and had just put Hunter on IR, so our job got a little easier. Just a bit concerning about some plays given up by the defense too because we got some good offenses coming up including both teams on the field right now down in NOLA.

Gonna be interesting ... Gotta take care of business against Detroit now.
Turned out to be a great time to have them on the schedule. It will take time for that team to gel into a cohesive defensive unit.

Members online

Latest posts