We need to remind ourselves

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I have said this a few times, but needs to be said again...

Every team we face wants to really beat the SB champs..On top of it we are undefeated...So it is two fold.

Just remember that when you wonder why we have hard time beating teams..

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good post LTF. That's something we have to keep in mind all the time. Everyone wants to beat the best team so we are playing all these teams at the tops of their games. And we are beating them. The Giants really brought it tonight, but in the end, it wasn't enough to defeat us.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
This was hardcore today.

Aaaaaarrrrroooooonnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!! :tup:

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Absolutely. Not to mention that we're playing some desperate teams, like NY and TB. They're fighting for the playoffs, we know we're already there...

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
So once again our defense lets them score a bunch, but scored a pick 6 of their own to keep us in a position to win.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
So once again our defense lets them score a bunch, but scored a pick 6 of their own to keep us in a position to win.

I agree...Our defense sucked..However, woodson out, bishop, hawk...

Along with my statement...Makes for hard times

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last year lot of times, it was the D that won games for us

true. But i think last year it was a mixture of offense/defense (offense and defense both played great in the playoffs).

This year, the D needs to step it up. Eli manning looked like god out there at times..

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
The D was banged up and got more so in the game with Woodson.

I was honestly more concerned with the offense earlier on. And Clay's pick 6 can't be overlooked. Huge huge.....

And Aaron comes through in the end. Lose the coin toss in OT and it might be 11-1.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Terrible outing by the defense. Just too many big plays given up.

In the end, they got 2 turnovers, as they always do. But definitely a terrible game. No excuses for not making a play on that final drive by the Giants.

Fazeman

Setting The Pace
Reaction score

Not to mention that your pic signature also caused a fumble. Really though, our 3-4 defense has evolved at an astonishing rate since that high scoring playoff loss to the Cardinals a couple years back. Our D's preparation always shows with high intensity play in basic run stops, pass rush, batted balls, tackling, etc. I'm feeling very proud of them.:) And special kudos to our special teams!

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Also as RS said in other thread..They are fighting for a playoff spot..

And we did play them in NY

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've had this game marked as perhaps our toughest test for months now. There were lots of factors stacked against us today. But champions find a way to win.