We lost because the d couldn't get off the field

yourout

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes the D needed to play better but this one is on the offence. 17 at the half and 20 to finish is not acceptable. The offence needed to keep the defence off the field and it failed miserably.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yourout said:
Yes the D needed to play better but this one is on the offence. 17 at the half and 20 to finish is not acceptable. The offence needed to keep the defence off the field and it failed miserably.

You cant carry a whole team on Favres back.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Longwell should have made at least one of those other 2 fgs though...the whole team played sub-par the 2nd half.

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
musccy said:
Longwell should have made at least one of those other 2 fgs though...the whole team played sub-par the 2nd half.

Yeah. I was shocked that Mr. Automatic missed. I mean, he even made a 53 yd. FG in some pretty nasty weather against San Diego right after Kaeding missed the same thing. Here he is in no wind, no rain, etc. and he missed.

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerChick said:
yourout said:

You cant carry a whole team on Favres back.

But that's what this team is relying on, and has been for quite some time!

pkrfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You can blame it on the D, the O, but I elect our inept coach. He used to be able to call plays, but who calls a run on 3rd and 4 when we have driven for 60 yards and we have plenty of time left on the clock! He was playing for a tie and we had no momentum the entire 2nd half. Did Sherman seem to think this momentum would just suddenly appear?!? The Packers need to fire him at the end of this season if not sooner!

btw I blame him for other issues as well...ie penalties.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pkrfan said:
You can blame it on the D, the O, but I elect our inept coach. He used to be able to call plays, but who calls a run on 3rd and 4 when we have driven for 60 yards and we have plenty of time left on the clock! He was playing for a tie and we had no momentum the entire 2nd half. Did Sherman seem to think this momentum would just suddenly appear?!? The Packers need to fire him at the end of this season if not sooner!

btw I blame him for other issues as well...ie penalties.

clearly Sherman is not a motivator like Tice was in the second half. Mike Tice was clearly fed up and he let his teams know about it at the half. Sherman looks so nonchalant about it. I thought we had it wrapped up and thought we would add some more on, but Sherman let the guard down.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Carroll can't guard anyone. Look at the game film and on 3rd and long, who did they go to? Carroll? He's awful and why you let him out there without safety help is beyond me. The special teams are also awful. There were plays on special teams where they didn't block anyone and they sure as hell don't tackle. Either you have really bad players, and that would be mostly Sherman's fault, or there are no coaching expectation on this team. There is no one holding anyone accountable and that includes the coaching staff. Until that is rectified you can't expect anymore of this team. The record of this team is not on the defense or the offense, it is on Mike Sherman and now Ted Thompson. Thompson hasn't given us anything in improvement. And I understand that he had restraints because of a boatload of bad contracts under the Sherman regime, but still he's now in charge.

OP
OP
T

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerChick said:
clearly Sherman is not a motivator like Tice was in the second half. Mike Tice was clearly fed up and he let his teams know about it at the half. Sherman looks so nonchalant about it. I thought we had it wrapped up and thought we would add some more on, but Sherman let the guard down.

That was not even remotely the case let alone clearly the case. What is your basis for making that comment?

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
agreed TOPF...just because MS doesn't have veins popping out of his head doesn't mean he's throwing in the towel or giving up. Belichek is even-keeled, but who questions his abilities?

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
In the second half, 5 vikings possessions and 5 scores. End of story.

I agree. The pass rush that was great in the first half was nonexistent in the 2nd half.

It would have helped if the offense would have scored more in the second half, but with Ferguson out and Green going down, the defense could focus on Driver. Favre played great, but was running out of weapons to go to.

Longwell is hurting us too. He made 3 game winners last year. We could have been 7-9 last year if he didn't make them. This year his kicking has hurt us against Tampa when he missed an extra point and a field goal, and we lost by a point. Today his missed field goals hurt too.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
little difference..Musscy..between Bellechek and Sherman...

like 3 SUPERBOWLS...

(Bellichek is a hell of a motivator..that's the point...)

ps..Carroll did SUCK today....pee yew...

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack...you only look at results...my college coach always used to say that some of the best coaches coached at the tiddlywink state...the ones who could only get the walk-ons and no-name recruits...and some of the worst coaches were the big namers who were given more talent than they were able to field.

You tend to see a team w/ a lot of wins, and then automatically assume that coach is the best in the NFL, and visa versa w/ a losing coach. Could it be the case...YES...but not definitively. Belichik didn't exactly re-write the coaching manual in Cleveland.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
i knew you were going to bring up Cleveland....so i guess MS is as good or perhaps better than Bellichek..thanks..i really needed a laugh today...

this team has been on the down slide for years..and there's really only one person to blame...

You wanna take a guess at who that is Musscy?

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Downward slide...I'll agree...wanna know why? MS did exactly what you wanted him to do...stockpile this team while Brett was still there...

He went for broke when he went after JJ, Darien Gordon, Terry Glenn, and Hardy Nickerson...that didn't quite work, so..

He pays a lot to build the O-line (which was debatably the best in the league, and has since dissolved under TT's watch by the way) and trying to keep the better players on the roster.

The Pack came damn close by putting together 2 12-4 seasons, and then the Philly game. He gave it a shot, it didn't pan out, now the Packers are in a bit of a salary cap bind because MS did exactly what you wanted....went for broke w/ Brett.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He never got Favre any "dominant" receivers..(and don't mention Walker..he was not "dominant", just good for one season)

Could have gotten perhaps Santana Moss....and what about Plexico Burress..i think the PAck should have took a stab at him last year...and there have been plenty of other FA's that he could have gotten instead of drafting rookies that take time to develop...

Yeah..Sherman emptied out the cupboard alright..but he filled it with rotten goods because "HE DIDN'T KNOW WHAT THE HELL HE WAS DOING OUT THERE..."

STILL DOESN'T...

Members online

Latest posts