We have to run the Ball effectively.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I rewatched the first Dallas game, and what Dallas did to defend Rodgers was use 3 down linemen, two backers, and 6 defensive backs. They had A spy on Rodgers as well. I expect to see a game plan very similar to this Sunday.

Dallas is going to dare us to run the ball so Monty and Michael have to get yards. You essentially have 5 linemen blocking 3 guys. You do the math that's a two man advantage that MM must find a way to exploit in the run game. This Type of scheme is typically a zone scheme. Those are a lot of bodies in the middle of the field so those slants and crossing routes are going to be slim pickings. Packers going to have to run the Ball effectively and make Dallas take some of those dbs off the field.

I hope this team comes out with more fight this time around because I can honestly say the defense got mauled the first time around. Especially this defensive line.

GB2016

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes...Hope to see a lot of C Michaels. Looked really quick and fast. If given enough touches he might break a couple big ones.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Yes...Hope to see a lot of C Michaels. Looked really quick and fast. If given enough touches he might break a couple big ones.
I think we'll see quite a bit more of Michael in this game. He will provide looks that Dallas doesn't have a lot of scouting on, plus that will allow Ty to either line up in the slot and provide another target for Rodgers, or motion out of the backfield to create a mismatch.

Lots of possibilities.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we'll see quite a bit more of Michael in this game. He will provide looks that Dallas doesn't have a lot of scouting on, plus that will allow Ty to either line up in the slot and provide another target for Rodgers, or motion out of the backfield to create a mismatch.

Lots of possibilities.

Yes that's just it tho. Will MM be reluctant to use Monty as more of a wr due to the fact he only has Michael as a viable backup. I've been saying start Michael and see what he can do and use Mintybin the slot but it hasn't happened. With Jordy possibly out I expect to see more Janis and Maube Trevor Davis at wr instead of Monty. Ugh and Richard Rogers.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They've got to at least run well enough that the Cowboys have to respect it.

Bluegrass79

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man forget about running it. Throw the ball every down. You want a run then throw the screen. This team needs to live on the quick slant. IMO of course

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

While I don't expect it, wouldn't it be great if Michael can out gain Elliott? One of these times, Christian will break a long one!

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll let Captain come in here and blow his smoke, but you can't just live entirely on Rodgers' arm. He is an amazing talent, but the Giants game could have ended the way that it began, with an inept Packers offense pressing to pass the ball all of the time. I'm not about pulling the ball out of Rodgers' hand, but you can't let defenses sit on our passing game either. The book is out there on Rodgers. He will overlook short "game manager" passes in order to make the bigger splashier plays. He will sidestep and swirl around in the pocket, take sacks, and make great throws all in the process. It works while the team is hot, but when other teams shut that down - as the Giants did for an entire half - we need to run the ball.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I'll let Captain come in here and blow his smoke, but you can't just live entirely on Rodgers' arm. He is an amazing talent, but the Giants game could have ended the way that it began, with an inept Packers offense pressing to pass the ball all of the time. I'm not about pulling the ball out of Rodgers' hand, but you can't let defenses sit on our passing game either. The book is out there on Rodgers. He will overlook short "game manager" passes in order to make the bigger splashier plays. He will sidestep and swirl around in the pocket, take sacks, and make great throws all in the process. It works while the team is hot, but when other teams shut that down - as the Giants did for an entire half - we need to run the ball.
While I agree with what you are saying to a certain degree, the Packers need to figure out what is working early on in the game and go with that.

I would hope and expect for McCarthy to let the play calling be dictated based on what Dallas is doing defensively.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We were fortunate against New York not to get down by too much too early. That could be very problematic against Dallas who can sit there and grind the clock on us with Elliot and wear us out.

If we can start out fast and take them out of their game plan a little bit, I think we've got a chance.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I rewatched the first Dallas game, and what Dallas did to defend Rodgers was use 3 down linemen, two backers, and 6 defensive backs. They had A spy on Rodgers as well. I expect to see a game plan very similar to this Sunday.

Dallas is going to dare us to run the ball so Monty and Michael have to get yards. You essentially have 5 linemen blocking 3 guys. You do the math that's a two man advantage that MM must find a way to exploit in the run game. This Type of scheme is typically a zone scheme. Those are a lot of bodies in the middle of the field so those slants and crossing routes are going to be slim pickings. Packers going to have to run the Ball effectively and make Dallas take some of those dbs off the field.

I hope this team comes out with more fight this time around because I can honestly say the defense got mauled the first time around. Especially this defensive line.
Eddie was bustin but he was hurt, it was some huge holes in that game earlier in the year. The thing that killed us was turn overs, limit the turnovers.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eddie was bustin but he was hurt, it was some huge holes in that game earlier in the year. The thing that killed us was turn overs, limit the turnovers.

Yep and kicking FGs!!! Monty was killing them comeing out of the backfield as well. TAke what they give us. I'm not afraid of Dallas at all.

D

Deleted member 6794

With Jordy possibly out I expect to see more Janis and Maube Trevor Davis at wr instead of Monty. Ugh and Richard Rogers.

I expect the passing game to be centered around Cobb, Adams, Cook and Allison. Janis and Richard Rodgers weren't targeted once vs. the Giants after Nelson went down and I don't expect that to change drastically on Sunday.

I'll let Captain come in here and blow his smoke, but you can't just live entirely on Rodgers' arm.

There's no doubt the Packers offensive game plan going into Sunday's game shod be primarily based on successfully throwing the ball. It's important to be able to at least occasionally run it for decent gains to keep the defense honest as well as get them out of subpackages designed to defend the pass.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
We were fortunate against New York not to get down by too much too early. That could be very problematic against Dallas who can sit there and grind the clock on us with Elliot and wear us out.

If we can start out fast and take them out of their game plan a little bit, I think we've got a chance.
I love getting the ball first in the 2nd half, but this might be a game where I would consider receiving the opening kickoff to try and throw 7 on the board and set the tone.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love getting the ball first in the 2nd half, but this might be a game where I would consider receiving the opening kickoff to try and throw 7 on the board and set the tone.
I think we have to score on our first two drives. Rattle these young boys.

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I expect the passing game to be centered around Cobb, Adams, Cook and Allison. Janis and Richard Rodgers weren't targeted once vs. the Giants after Nelson went down and I don't expect that to change drastically on Sunday.

There's no doubt the Packers offensive game plan going into Sunday's game shod be primarily based on successfully throwing the ball. It's important to be able to at least occasionally run it for decent gains to keep the defense honest as well as get them out of subpackages designed to defend the pass.

I just hope MM mixes it up. The run run run especially when it is not working drives me nuts.:mad:

D

Deleted member 6794

I just hope MM mixes it up. The run run run especially when it is not working drives me nuts.:mad:

The Packers offense will for sure be centered around the passing game vs. the Cowboys but a decent running game makes it easier to establish it. Running three or more consecutives times worked pretty well against the Giants as Christine Michael gained 46 yards on those seven attempts for an average of 6.6 yards.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts