We all need to get behind Doug Peterson

Djepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was a loyal Packer and an all around great guy..Small story, while my young son and I came from Colorado to visit Green Bay- Doug needed some help moving boxes out of the back of the Lambeau field and he let us help him...then he graciously signed a ball for my son for helping.....

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was a loyal Packer and an all around great guy..Small story, while my young son and I came from Colorado to visit Green Bay- Doug needed some help moving boxes out of the back of the Lambeau field and he let us help him...then he graciously signed a ball for my son for helping.....

That's cool, why was he moving boxes though. I mean I know Favre's backup didn't have a lot to do but you'd think the Packers could hire some flunkie to move a few boxes around.

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
*Pederson. You know I'll be rooting for the Eagles. Don't want to see that purple team play in the Super Bowl. Favre speaks real highly of him too.

OP
OP
D

Djepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's cool, why was he moving boxes though. I mean I know Favre's backup didn't have a lot to do but you'd think the Packers could hire some flunkie to move a few boxes around.
It was the summer of 1997 I think and he was just getting some empty boxes loaded in his truck for some storage I guess

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good for Doug. He took a lot of heat his first year. No doubt I'll be rooting for him in 2 weeks.

ls1bob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will definitely be rooting for him too. I also love love what they do on offense(Schwartz's Defense has always been good) they rotate RB's,have not 1,but 3 TE's involved in the passing game,(pretty good blockers too) and they involve the WR's. I haven't watched them much this year except for the last two games,but I like their offense seems pretty well balanced even with Foles playing who is the back up.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As they talked about Foles hitting 7 or 8 different receivers, it took me back to a time early in the Favre era (post Sterling) when they would talk about how Favre would hit seven, eight, or nine different receivers in a game. You obviously need good players to do that, but football is all about matchups. You don't need seven or eight stud WRs/RBs, you just need seven or eight guys that can beat the seventh or eighth guy on the other team's depth chart.

Doug Pederson seems to be a pretty good QB whisperer.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The one argument I can see with that contention is that you can only use five receivers on a given play, so, barring injury, those guys are going up against the other team's starters, their top couple or three safeties, CBs, and LBs in coverage.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As they talked about Foles hitting 7 or 8 different receivers, it took me back to a time early in the Favre era (post Sterling) when they would talk about how Favre would hit seven, eight, or nine different receivers in a game. You obviously need good players to do that, but football is all about matchups. You don't need seven or eight stud WRs/RBs, you just need seven or eight guys that can beat the seventh or eighth guy on the other team's depth chart.

Doug Pederson seems to be a pretty good QB whisperer.

I think a career backup QB like Pederson can make a much better coach than someone who was a star. They got to watch a lot and if you know how to do it you can learn a hell of a lot from watching. Being a star and being the starter means you do and not necessarily watch especially when things seem to come naturally. I'm not saying a star can't become a good coach but part of what makes a good coach is knowing what needs to be taught. Many stars never really had to be taught anything so they may have a "I don't see what is so hard about it" attitude.

I'm not really a Philly fan but I'll be rooting for them not just because I want the Pats to lose but because of Doug Pederson as well.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts