Was anyone else not overly pumped about Sunday night's victory?

Brandon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now before I get to my point I don't want to take too much away from the Packer's much needed win. It was won fair and square and the better team walked off the field with a victory. That being said..

If not for the many Texan's mental errors, I figure this game is MUCH closer. Neutral zone infraction results in a Packer TD. Launching on the FG attempt results in a Packers TD. Personal foul beneath the pile results in a Packers TD. Take 3 potential TD's away from our offense had the Texan's defense been more level headed.

Good teams take advantage of mistakes and I know this, but in retrospect our "Juggernaut" seemed assisted during that game. I'm still not sold their offense after that performance, which is weird for me to say and hard for me to truly appreciated A-Rod's franchise record tying day. Your thoughts?

Jordyruns

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder Seahawks and Saints fans felt like that in their games against us? Especially the saints considering they still lost.

OP
OP
Brandon

Brandon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder Seahawks and Saints fans felt like that in their games against us? Especially the saints considering they still lost.

Seahawks fans better DEFINITELY feel that way about their victory. Saints fans, at least if I was a Saints fan, would be in this season the whole way expecting disappointment. Their defense is atrocious and the only reason they can even feasibly still make the playoffs is because Drew Brees is an absolute beast--can't think of many really DUMB penalties they committed against us, unlike the Texans.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We dominated top to bottom with some of our best players out against one of the best teams in the NFL away from Lambeau, I don't know you couldn't be anything less than thrilled with the win. We needed it.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is this what we have come to? A "meh" thread on the team after the QB ties a franchise record for TDs? Wow

Jordyruns

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seahawks fans better DEFINITELY feel that way about their victory. Saints fans, at least if I was a Saints fan, would be in this season the whole way expecting disappointment. Their defense is atrocious and the only reason they can even feasibly still make the playoffs is because Drew Brees is an absolute beast--can't think of many really DUMB penalties they committed against us, unlike the Texans.

I was think more calls always going their way, the 2nd challenge that McCarthy somehow got wrong, the offensive pass interference in the end zone that wasn't called, the fumble that was somehow not a fumble.

And the Packers had plenty of stupid mistakes, the whole Harrell fiasco, and when Burnett and Williams I believe tackled each other so neither one of them could get a INT.

OP
OP
Brandon

Brandon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is this what we have come to? A "meh" thread on the team after the QB ties a franchise record for TDs? Wow

You honestly can't look past being a fan of your team to examine the fact that had the Texans not made mental errors, the game's entire dynamic would have been different? As I mentioned before I don't take a whole lot away from the win, we triumphed over a very good NFL team... but does that performance really erase their otherwise anemic performances in past games this season?

Last year we played this way without the help of stupid penalties nearly every game. Rodgers does NOT score 6 td's if those key penalties are not created by the Texans. I try to look at games how they would play out if both teams are playing level headed, and the Texans were not on Sunday.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can just see some of the thread titles after Packers win a Super Bowl.

"Glad the Pack won but D-Fense still has problems."

"Rodgers is STILL a problem"

"With only one sack, the O-Line needs improvement."

"Mike and Ted should go."

Etc

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You honestly can't look past being a fan of your team to examine the fact that had the Texans not made mental errors, the game's entire dynamic would have been different? As I mentioned before I don't take a whole lot away from the win, we triumphed over a very good NFL team... but does that performance really erase their otherwise anemic performances in past games this season?

Last year we played this way without the help of stupid penalties nearly every game. Rodgers does NOT score 6 td's if those key penalties are not created by the Texans. I try to look at games how they would play out if both teams are playing level headed, and the Texans were not on Sunday.

I've got the 2nd most posts on this forum and I'm pretty sure that's the first time I've been accused of being a homer. Lol. Thanks for the laugh.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can just see some of the thread titles after Packers win a Super Bowl.

"Glad the Pack won but D-Fense still has problems."

"Rodgers is STILL a problem"

"With only one sack, the O-Line needs improvement."

"Mike and Ted should go."

Etc

Sometimes people are debbie downers and just don't know a good thing til it's gone.

OP
OP
Brandon

Brandon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've got the 2nd most posts on this forum and I'm pretty sure that's the first time I've been accused of being a homer. Lol. Thanks for the laugh.

So why are you completely disregarding the facts I brought up in the original post? I guess I'm not understanding why you entered this forum with a "homer" mentality if you can't at least acknowledge the fact that the Packers don't put up 42 points without Texan's mental penalties.

Part of the game? Certainly. It could very well just be me too as I'm not going to force my opinions on anyone, but when two teams are playing smart and not gifting away points, the accolades within the game are a lot more meaningful and feel more earned.

H

HardRightEdge

Now before I get to my point I don't want to take too much away from the Packer's much needed win. It was won fair and square and the better team walked off the field with a victory. That being said..

If not for the many Texan's mental errors, I figure this game is MUCH closer. Neutral zone infraction results in a Packer TD. Launching on the FG attempt results in a Packers TD. Personal foul beneath the pile results in a Packers TD. Take 3 potential TD's away from our offense had the Texan's defense been more level headed.

Good teams take advantage of mistakes and I know this, but in retrospect our "Juggernaut" seemed assisted during that game. I'm still not sold their offense after that performance, which is weird for me to say and hard for me to truly appreciated A-Rod's franchise record tying day. Your thoughts?

My concern is follow through on this game.

As for the game itself, I couldn't disagree more. We thumped those guys on both sides of the ball. Play like that every week and you won't lose many games, if any.

OP
OP
Brandon

Brandon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My concern is follow through on this game.

As for the game itself, I couldn't disagree more. We thumped those guys on both sides of the ball. Play like that every week and you won't lose many games, if any.

I agree in that I hope we build on this performance, but I hope we can replicate this against a good team that is also playing good that particular day.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So why are you completely disregarding the facts I brought up in the original post? I guess I'm not understanding why you entered this forum with a "homer" mentality if you can't at least acknowledge the fact that the Packers don't put up 42 points without Texan's mental penalties.

Part of the game? Certainly. It could very well just be me too as I'm not going to force my opinions on anyone, but when two teams are playing smart and not gifting away points, the accolades within the game are a lot more meaningful and feel more earned.

Sorry was too busy laughing at being called a homer. I've always been accused of being something close to the opposite. Guess accusing someone of being a homer is a way of defending your ideology without having anything to base it on. Facts? Didn't see any. Just saw "we'll if this this and this didn't happen..." Those aren't facts, it's just a way for you to be a Debbie downer. Those things did happen.

This team put up the 2nd most points last season in NFL history, this team has a very elite QB, and it performed as expected for many coming into the season. You can thinks its an anomaly, but frankly it's just them living up to their expectations and ability.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
...when two teams are playing smart and not gifting away points, the accolades within the game are a lot more meaningful and feel more earned.
I admit that the Packers did get some very good breaks.
But I'll take a win, even if it's a forfeit, over a loss any day.
We really needed this win and I'm willing to look past anything the Texans may have done which helped us.

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Texans mental errors too me they were desperate to make things happen,and if we didn't have the q.b we have and w.r.s even with their mistakes we know how to make t.d.s

OP
OP
Brandon

Brandon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry was too busy laughing at being called a homer. I've always been accused of being something close to the opposite. Guess accusing someone of being a homer is a way of defending your ideology without having anything to base it on. Facts? Didn't see any. Just saw "we'll if this this and this didn't happen..." Those aren't facts, it's just a way for you to be a Debbie downer. Those things did happen.

This team put up the 2nd most points last season in NFL history, this team has a very elite QB, and it performed as expected for many coming into the season. You can thinks its an anomaly, but frankly it's just them living up to their expectations and ability.

You seem to suffer from some sort of elitism, having to mention you have the 2nd most posts and then promptly replying with laughing about something I never even labeled you to begin with. So maybe lower your superiority complex level down a bit because you are needlessly acting very pompous in this thread.

This is going to be my last post because I don't want to drag this on and I am VERY happy that the Packers for now seem to have their right stuff in alignment, but I was merely addressing the fact that HAD the Texans (key word is had) played more structurally sound, the steamroll that this offense put on would likely not have been as significant. This concerns me and is a valid concern because super bowl teams don't make the mistakes the Texans did on Sunday, and that is when it will matter most.

Good win? Absolutely! Hoo-rah and watch out everyone else? Not even close... consistency is needed first.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You seem to suffer from some sort of elitism, having to mention you have the 2nd most posts and then promptly replying with laughing about something I never even labeled you to begin with. So maybe lower your superiority complex level down a bit because you are needlessly acting very pompous in this thread.

This is going to be my last post because I don't want to drag this on and I am VERY happy that the Packers for now seem to have their right stuff in alignment, but I was merely addressing the fact that HAD the Texans (key word is had) played more structurally sound, the steamroll that this offense put on would likely not have been as significant. This concerns me and is a valid concern because super bowl teams don't make the mistakes the Texans did on Sunday, and that is when it will matter most.

Good win? Absolutely! Hoo-rah and watch out everyone else? Not even close... consistency is needed first.

Elitism? Yeah you are having an issue comprehending the convo. I didn't point out the 2nd most posts bc I wanted to be "elite" I pointed it out bc it shows through all my posts it's laughable when you are the first one to call me a homer. As opposed to someone with 30 posts. Was that clear enough for you?

Starting a negative thread and then bailing on it after you bait people into arguments? Yeah you're the first to do that.

But to address your "issue" yet again, I live in reality. Not the what if parts of the universe. The what if game is great but isn't real. The reality is we beat the texans soundly. If I wanted to play the other end of the what if game I would say the packers should only have 1 loss. Fortunately I live in the real world and don't start threads like that.

Super Bowl teams don't make mistakes like the texans did? Weird, I could have sworn a team that's popular on this board won a SB after making a ton of mistakes in the regular season.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wasn't overly pumped, but that's because I didn't bottom out after the losses like it seems so many fans on this forum did. Just before Sunday's game, I told a rabid fan/friend that I fully expected us to beat the Texans. 99% of the folks on this forum would have assumed victory if this was the 2011 Packers. Well the truth is that the 2011 and 2012 versions are very similar. The Colts game was every bit the 2011 Packers (big lead, let the opponent back into the game) except we didn't pull out the win. There are some small differences determining wins and losses this year.

All of that said, I see what Brandon is saying. We still have a ways to go. I'm sure that the title of this thread throws people off since it was such a fist-pounding, vindication type of win for Packers fans. However, if you're like me and didn't think we were that bad then this wasn't such a surprise. It was a good victory.

Those costly mistakes by Houston kept multiple Packer drives alive. No doubt that they would have made the score closer, or even stolen some of Green Bay's momentum. Luckily, the ball took bounces in our favor. Call it karma evening the score.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Absolutely pumped. That was a tough game and we dominated a 5-0 team in their house. The Packers finally played like I knew they could. My only concern is whether they keep it up.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am thrilled that we put together our best team performance going back to last year against Denver.
The team was playing with a mission as if their life depended on it. Whether MM can get this team to play with intensity week to week is hard to say this season. This was the angriest I've seen all of them in a while. Had we gone to SF in week one instead of playing in Lambeau we possibly would have played at a higher level.
That said the Texans played almost as if they were intimidated by us. After watching what the Colts did to us they had to question if this was the same team we saw on film that showed up. As for the comment on the one sack, take that with a grain of salt. We forced 3 bad throws for INTs from the pressure. And Schaub threw the ball into the ground and out of bounds several times he was so badly stoned. And they have an offensive line that is better than ours.

The Saints lose going away from us if Justin Harrell does not enter the game. It is as simple as that.
The Seahawks have a great defense and they did not take us lightly. They were intent on getting to ARod and blowing up our receivers. But they did next to nothing on offense except for one long pass. They also committed a ton of penalties that we could not capitalize on. They are a tough team in the red zone. Basically, we won that game were it not for some imitation zebras. The whole world knows that. Maybe we'll see them again in January and make sure that they know that.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I'm a firm believer in the old adage: The harder you work, the luckier you get...and with that...I also believe that you make your own breaks with sheer hustle. I'd be willing to bet that most any poster here that has played the game at any level beyond JV, will agree.

Was I pumped with the win? No...because I am not prone to that type of thing. You also don't see me going ballistic when the team that played Indy shows up neither. Yep... even keeled ... that's ol' weeds.

Ivo's an elitist...nah..nah...nah..nah..nah...nah...nah... neener neener... (weeds pinches Ivo at this point)

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Who doesn't get breaks when they win? The Colts got breaks vs. the Pack too, started with a Rodgers pick. Hell last night Denver got LOADS of breaks thanks to Rivers and took advantage.

The Seahawks got breaks vs. the Pats.

The Packers IMO just owned Houston. Thats supposed to be the best D in the AFC and he flat out shredded them. IMO it might be the best QB performance we have seen this season yet.

Members online

Latest posts