1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Walker injury is reported as minor

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by CaliforniaCheez, Jul 30, 2005.

1. CaliforniaCheez

CaliforniaCheez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    From WBAY:

Wide receiver Javon Walker survived his first day of two-a-days but Saturday morning he strained his back and sat out the afternoon session.

Walker was on the sidelines watching Packers training camp but he did catch some balls from the Juggs machine.

The Pro Bowl wide out says he's in good shape even though he skipped both minicamps this off-season. He believes he can be back on the field Sunday morning.

"I hope it gets better. I mean, I know it's nothing serious because it's just tight," Walker said.

He dismissed speculation the injury was because he missed the minicamps. "That's not it. We were in pads, and it just happened. I mean, we were in pads this morning."

2. yooperpackfan

yooperpackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +333
    I hope this isn't a ploy by Walker to collect his pay but not play. :evil:

3. agopackgo4

agopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I dont think he is. After spending time at the practice I can see anyhow it looks like at least that he is not going to be a problem.

4. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    He doesn't get paid until after week 1 of the season.

5. agopackgo4

agopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Good point, and also I believe him in his interview which is on packers.com when he says that he came back to play because of his desire to play football. I dont think Javon hates the pack or the fans or anything, because remember he was supposed to go to Miller Park for Javon Walker night or somthing and right before he was supposed to go he announced that he was holding out, but he still went. I think he is still happy to be in green and gold.