Waiver Wire Watch

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone out there that you think could be brought in to add some depth to the Packers? Also any thoughts as to some of the guys they cut (where they might end up/ can we get lucky and sign them to PS)?

Personally I don't see too many intriguing leftovers from the other teams. But that's kind of what you get when you are as deep as the Packers currently are. It is possible they may look to add some depth on both lines but other than that I wouldn't expect the front office to add anyone.

I'm hoping Harrell, Gurley, and possibly West can slip through onto the practice squad. I think one more year for Harrell in MM's system and a full offseason with QB school will prepare him enough to make the "post-flynn" era behind #12 smooth. As far as the WR's go everyone is looking to add the Champs scraps to their rosters and i think both those guys have a chance to get picked up by another team.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Gonna be hard to add "good" depth sitting at #32, but if anything would be nice to get lucky with a good offensive lineman. I am a little nervous if any one of our starting 5 goes down.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dd veteran Andre Gurode sign with anyone right away last week, when Dallas let him go in a cost-cutting move?
I live in Dallas so I should know! But I'm in Phoenix now.... Or New England maybe got him? I remember reading about the possibility of him becoming teammates with Albert Haynesworth, who stepped on his face a few years ago.

bear7625

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think Gurode has signed with anyone. Teams will wait untill after the first week of the season to avoid his old salary.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone out there that you think could be brought in to add some depth to the Packers? Also any thoughts as to some of the guys they cut (where they might end up/ can we get lucky and sign them to PS)?

Personally I don't see too many intriguing leftovers from the other teams. But that's kind of what you get when you are as deep as the Packers currently are. It is possible they may look to add some depth on both lines but other than that I wouldn't expect the front office to add anyone.

I'm hoping Harrell, Gurley, and possibly West can slip through onto the practice squad. I think one more year for Harrell in MM's system and a full offseason with QB school will prepare him enough to make the "post-flynn" era behind #12 smooth. As far as the WR's go everyone is looking to add the Champs scraps to their rosters and i think both those guys have a chance to get picked up by another team.
Perennial Pro Bowl guard Brian Waters and the Patriots reached an agreement that will give New England the help it has been seeking at guard.
Waters worked out for the Patriots on Saturday and the two sides reached agreement Sunday morning, according to a source.

Members online

Latest posts