Vonta and Cory out again

Status
Not open for further replies.

bavpb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Odds and ends: McCarthy, a Pittsburgh native, was asked what guys from Pittsburgh think of Philadelphia. McCarthy said: "It's not positive. That's why they're on the other side of the state."

The Packers worked out linebacker James Davis of West Virginia, linebacker Spencer Havner of UCLA and receiver Burl Toler of Cal.

The New Orleans Saints cut former Packers fullback Vonta Leach.

The San Francisco 49ers cut receiver Cory Rodgers from their practice squad. Rodgers was a fourth-round draft pick of the Packers in April.

From packersnews.com

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Seems another team saw his negatives out weighed his positives

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks like they didn't think too much of him. To be honest, i'm surprised he was cut by them.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Seems another team saw his negatives out wieghed his positives

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Please, as I stated over and over again, Vonta was the best blocking FB we had. Nowhere did I state he was an all pro. He had a great game against Chicago and MANY stated that he was ready to surpass Hendo for the starting FB spot. Then he was cut while guys like White and Humphrey and Martin remained. It was a bad move by TT but not surprising as most of his moves are just that.

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Saints beat the Packers so his usefullness is over?? Maybe the Eagles will pick him up next.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
Please, as I stated over and over again, Vonta was the best blocking FB we had. Nowhere did I state he was an all pro. He had a great game against Chicago and MANY stated that he was ready to surpass Hendo for the starting FB spot. Then he was cut while guys like White and Humphrey and Martin remained. It was a bad move by TT but not surprising as most of his moves are just that.

Why bother Pyle? Some people just don't get it...

BTW, I noticed Green's rushing attack has vastly improved since they cut Leach. Wait a minute... What am I saying?? After all the real problem is Green is simply "too old" and "doesn't fit our scheme." Kinda like our 1st ballot HOF QB that they were talking about trading last week. :roll:

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anubis said:
pyledriver80 said:

BTW, I noticed Green's rushing attack has vastly improved since they cut Leach. Wait a minute... What am I saying?? After all the real problem is Green is simply "too old" and "doesn't fit our scheme." Kinda like our 1st ballot HOF QB that they were talking about trading last week. :roll:

And the lack of Leach was why Ahman fumbled at the end of week 3 too!! And the fall of the Roman Empire? Yep, cuz we cut Vonta Leach.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anubis said:
pyledriver80 said:

Again they must revert to the most extreme side opposite the my side to try to make thier point. It's the only way people incapable of debating facts can do things. It's sad.

I to have noticed Greens rushing yards have been down. I also noticed They promoted Miree so obviously plan A didn't work out, like I said it wouldn't. Another F-up by TT. Par for the course

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Ted, what a sham. He's such a screw up. We should make a petition to install pyle as GM. Then we'd have a team to boo for good reason.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Ted, what a sham. He's such a screw up. We should make a petition to install pyle as GM. Then we'd have a team to boo for good reason.

We already do. I mean you could boo Ted's brilliant Defense he's put together. You know the one that ranked near dead last. Or heck, we could Boo TT's brilliant 5-14 record......Oh wait, we eeked one out against the Lions, we are Super Bowl bound baby!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
Zero2Cool said:

We already do. I mean you could boo Ted's brilliant Defense he's put together. You know the one that ranked near dead last. Or heck, we could Boo TT's brilliant 5-14 record......Oh wait, we eeked one out against the Lions, we are Super Bowl bound baby!

Yep, Ted's fault. Fire him! He brought these guys in and his two drafts have proved to be complete utter failures in less than two full seasons and not even concluding one full season under a rookie HC.

Pickett, failure even though he's been the most consistently good DL we got.

Collins, failure

Jennings, failure we should have kept javon instead!!! all teds fault on

javon too because he made javon turn into an egomaniac ****head after his pro bowl year an became unhappy over the MILLIONS of dollars javon was GIVEN before even playing a SINGLE SNAP of NFL ball, all teds fault too

Green, re signing him off FA ... big mistake, can't amass hundred yards against a good defense...OH WAIT... he did oh wait it was slop yards!!! omg ted sucks wtf can him

Driver, wtf did this guy do to deserve an extension? how lame, what a stupid move by ted STUPID

Arrington, god that was so stupid to try an improve linebackers with this guy, thank god he choice revenge over his former team instead of signing with GB

Longwell, its all teds fault about the climate in GB an the lack of a dome!!

Vineterri, stupid ted!! why coudln't you put a dome over Lambeau so Adam would have signed

Kampman, wtf did ted re sign this guy off FA for? he hasnt done **** for the packers his entire career ... should have left him go to the vikings ..s peaking of

Henderson, why didnt he let this old coot sign with the vikings? his leadership for the younger guys on the team isn't worth how much he sucks

Woodson, what a waste of money we needed that money for the sherman extension!! wait ... coachs pay doesnt come off salary cap... no no ted signed him so it MUST be a stupid move!!!

Rodgers, OMG you have GOT to be kidding me TED!! why the hell would you pick up a QB who until days before the draft was thought of going first over all when your ageless QB could retire at anytime? WTF stop thinkin about the future of the team! how STUPID

too bad im at work ... i got lots more, but lets end it with this..
yea ted deserves to be fired. u r RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!1

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
pyledriver80 said:
Zero2Cool said:

Yep, Ted's fault. Fire him! He brought these guys in and his two drafts have proved to be complete utter failures in less than two full seasons and not even concluding one full season under a rookie HC.

Collins, failure

javon too because he made javon turn into an egomaniac ****head after his pro bowl year an became unhappy over the MILLIONS of dollars javon was GIVEN before even playing a SINGLE SNAP of NFL ball, all teds fault too

Green, re signing him off FA ... big mistake, can't amass hundred yards against a good defense...OH WAIT... he did oh wait it was slop yards!!! omg ted sucks wtf can him

Driver, wtf did this guy do to deserve an extension? how lame, what a stupid move by ted STUPID

Arrington, god that was so stupid to try an improve linebackers with this guy, thank god he choice revenge over his former team instead of signing with GB

Vineterri, stupid ted!! why coudln't you put a dome over Lambeau so Adam would have signed

Kampman, wtf did ted re sign this guy off FA for? he hasnt done **** for the packers his entire career ... should have left him go to the vikings ..s peaking of

Henderson, why didnt he let this old coot sign with the vikings? his leadership for the younger guys on the team isn't worth how much he sucks

Woodson, what a waste of money we needed that money for the sherman extension!! wait ... coachs pay doesnt come off salary cap... no no ted signed him so it MUST be a stupid move!!!

Rodgers, OMG you have GOT to be kidding me TED!! why the hell would you pick up a QB who until days before the draft was thought of going first over all when your ageless QB could retire at anytime? WTF stop thinkin about the future of the team! how STUPID

This is the FUNNIEST POST EVER!!!!!!!!

Funny you don't mention guys like Manual or Poppinga or Woodsons Play or Little, on and on and on!!!!!

This is the most BIASED and RIDICULOUS post ever. I have to officially include in the ......nevermind.

Oh god, All these great moves Ted has made and he has amassed such a winning product!

Lolololololololololololololololololololololololololololololol...........Funniest post in the history of this forum...........lolololololololololololol

or wait is this funnier than you saying Javon was a top 10 pick.........or the one where you say TT didn't resign Sherman but yet give him credit for giving Driver an extension...........hypocritical and embarrassing!!!!!

packerfanfourever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=44.465151+-
pyledriver80 said:
Zero2Cool said:
pyledriver80 said:
Zero2Cool said:

Collins, failure

Funny you don't mention guys like Manual or Poppinga or Woodsons Play or Little, on and on and on!!!!!

This is the most BIASED and RIDICULOUS post ever. I have to officially include in the ......nevermind.

Oh god, All these great moves Ted has made and he has amassed such a winning product!

Lolololololololololololololololololololololololololololololol...........Funniest post in the history of this forum...........lolololololololololololol

or wait is this funnier than you saying Javon was a top 10 pick.........or the one where you say TT didn't resign Sherman but yet give him credit for giving Driver an extension...........hypocritical and embarrassing!!!!!

Pyle, one question for you and Iam not being a smart butt. On sundays are you hoping the Packers win or do you want them to lose. It just seems you have nothing positive to say about the Packers.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packerfanfourever said:
pyledriver80 said:
Zero2Cool said:
pyledriver80 said:
Zero2Cool said:

Collins, failure

Pyle, one question for you and Iam not being a smart butt. On sundays are you hoping the Packers win or do you want them to lose. It just seems you have nothing positive to say about the Packers.

thats what ive been wondering...

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packerfanfourever said:
pyledriver80 said:
Zero2Cool said:
pyledriver80 said:
Zero2Cool said:

Collins, failure

Of course I root for them to win, but I am also realistic. Excuse me if I don't think this team is very damn good. Thier record sure doesn't show it. The play on the field doesn't show it.

Being a fan and trying to OBJECTIVELY assess your team are 2 different things. It's become very sad in GB when we get excited over EEEEKKKKINNNGGG one out over the Detroit Lions. It's also very sad when we are forcedto revert to POSITIVES when we lose. Yeah Koren has 1 catch or Spitz is improving........blah,blah,blah

This team outside of a few players is full of average at best NFL guys. Bargain players, Rookies who's talent level may max at average if we are lucky and overpaid veterans.

I don't care about Moral Victories, Improvement, or talking up so average guy like he is the next coming of Jesus Christ. I just want to win and no matter how many ways you guys try to spin it we ARE NOT WINNING!

It's a crappy team which is crappily coached and crappily managed. I just want this whole damn experiment over so we can return to actually being competitive. I refuse to turn into the die-hard Browns fan who every year uses the SAME DAMN excuses that all you guys use.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
pyleoshit said:

Resigning and Extension are two different things.

Rarely I posted information without having proof, but with Javon being top 10 I didn't do that, I made a mistake, owned up to it, you should try owning up to yours someday.

Guess you missed this when you mistakenly tried to blast how thorough I was.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
packerfanfourever said:
pyledriver80 said:
Zero2Cool said:
pyledriver80 said:
[quote="Zero2Cool":dfv1lgj5]Ted, what a sham. He's such a screw up. We should make a petition to install pyle as GM. Then we'd have a team to boo for good reason.

Collins, failure

thats what ive been wondering...[/quote:dfv1lgj5]

Yeah, I'm not a Packer fan, happy now. Your constant barrage questioning my fandom went stale the first 400 times you did it. You talking about football Trom is like a woman trying to discuss pissing standing up.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
pyleoshit said:

Rarely I posted information without having proof, but with Javon being top 10 I didn't do that, I made a mistake, owned up to it, you should try owning up to yours someday.

Do you think before you post? I mean honestly? You CLEARLY stated TT gave DD an EXTENSION! Then you told DePack that TT EXTENDED Sherman but yet that wasn't on him.

Flip Flop Flip Flop Flip Flop

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
pyleoshit80 said:
Zero2Cool said:
pyleoshit said:

Rarely I post information without having proof, but with Javon being top 10 I didn't do that, I made a mistake, owned up to it, you should try owning up to yours someday.

Do you think before you post? I mean honestly? You CLEARLY stated TT gave DD an EXTENSION! Then you told DePack that TT EXTENDED Sherman but yet that wasn't on him.

Flip Flop Flip Flop Flip Flop

Where did I give him credit for extending the contract of Driver? Screw it, lets say I did because I know I mentioned it and your ***** is assuming I gave credit to Ted for it.

Driver had several years left.
Sherman was in his last year.

Driver wasn't Ted's handpicked WR.
Sherman wasn't Ted's handpicked HC.

To say Ted hired him is not correct.
To say Ted signed Driver is not correct.

To make it clear.
It was a good move to extend Driver, bad move to extend Sherman. He did NOT hand pick either man. I wish I could research this first, but I think Sherman drafted Driver and Harlan hired Sherman.

So in either matter, Ted is not to be credited. Although, it was wise to extend Driver I think he extended Sherman to eleviate any pressure on Sherman to quiet any speculation about Shermans future.

As a GM it was a smart move for the team. Anyone can understand that, most won't agree though.

I think I broke this down well enough for a third grader to understand, if you need help ask your teacher.

Reaction score
*Ahem*

I have the sudden urge to lock. :p

Seriously, may we please keep the personal back and forth jabs to the *** if it is a must, as opposed to spilling it onto threads, since it gets old and causes a whole bunch of other stuff to start for no reason. Thanks.

:locked:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts