Vikings fans - confirmed for most delusional?

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just skimming over threads at the vikes forum, and honestly its hilarious what kind of reasonings these people come up with. One guy actually proposed that the cowboys match up with us well and will beat us. Others were whining and *****ing and moaning about the reffing and phantom calls (GUIZ THEY WERE HOLDING JARED ALLENZ ON EVERY PLAY I SAW IT!). not one blaming their own players for playing poorly (except brett)

its almost sad, really, but then you remember theyre vikings fans so its just hilarious.:viksux:

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Just skimming over threads at the vikes forum, and honestly its hilarious what kind of reasonings these people come up with. One guy actually proposed that the cowboys match up with us well and will beat us. Others were whining and *****ing and moaning about the reffing and phantom calls (GUIZ THEY WERE HOLDING JARED ALLENZ ON EVERY PLAY I SAW IT!). not one blaming their own players for playing poorly (except brett)

its almost sad, really, but then you remember theyre vikings fans so its just hilarious.:viksux:
I find it funny that you post this on a board (as well as other Packer forums) were Packer fans have been complaining, "guys, they were holding Clay Matthews every play", and "they had hands in Clay's face every play". Maybe you should skim the Packer boards before criticizing fans of other teams for making the same claims your fellow Packer fans are making.

Face it, the game was poorly reffed. Period. And that means poorly reffed for both teams not just one.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know this matchup well guy. Hauschild, I believe. He used to post in here, and geve a huge reasoning why the Vikings matched up well with everybody and would end up winning the SB...

OP
OP
chucknorris101

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I find it funny that you post this on a board (as well as other Packer forums) were Packer fans have been complaining, "guys, they were holding Clay Matthews every play", and "they had hands in Clay's face every play". Maybe you should skim the Packer boards before criticizing fans of other teams for making the same claims your fellow Packer fans are making.

Face it, the game was poorly reffed. Period. And that means poorly reffed for both teams not just one.
i supposed youre right. but that doesnt alleviate them from their assessments that the vikes will still win the NFC North and possibly finish with 10+ wins.

at least packer fans have curbed their SB dreams in light of recent events

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score

I confess and offer my full disclosure. I am guilty of complaining about the Vikings complaining about the same things I was complaining about. Put me in the Penalty Box! :(

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
i supposed youre right. but that doesnt alleviate them from their assessments that the vikes will still win the NFC North and possibly finish with 10+ wins.

at least packer fans have curbed their SB dreams in light of recent events
If you don't have faith in your team, why watch? I don't think I have seen any Viking fan say anything about going to the Super Bowl in any post in over 3 months. Now, I don't read every thread so I may have missed it. Most are wondering if the Vikes will even make 10 wins. Which some feel wil be enough to take the division. Which may be true.

The Packers are entering the tough part of there schedule and have had more than their share of injuries. They have yet to prove they can run the ball all game, they don't have but one drive of more than 7 minutes in each game and because of this the Defense is getting gassed at the end of the game. If they don't start having some long drives in the first half it will come back to haunt them against teams like the Jets and Patriots. It almost did Sunday night. Favre, playing on a bad ankle, drove the Vikes from the Vikes 17 yard line an the Packers had nothing left to stop them. The difference in the game is the 6 inches at the back of the end-zone were Harvin stepped out of bounds on his catch. If that foot was in......well we won't go there.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score

At this point, everyone matches up with us well. We're too banged up for them not to.

As for blaming the refs, we do the same thing. We're just as guilty of blaming the refs for costing us what was a winnable game if only we played just a little better. Honestly, if that game went the other way, we would be blaming the multitudes of missed calls on Matthews, the pick that wasn't, since that defender was out of bounds and was the first to touch it, and the phantom unnecessary roughness for the hit on Harvin when he was in bounds.

So really, they're not all that different than we are.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know this matchup well guy. Hauschild, I believe. He used to post in here, and geve a huge reasoning why the Vikings matched up well with everybody and would end up winning the SB...

That guy.. Cracks me up. I see his posts on PFT and just have to laugh. He still tries to convince himself that he's a Packers fan, yet ALWAYS finds reasons why we're gonna lose.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Blaming the refs, makes the losing team fans feel better. That's all that is. Now claiming mob bosses forced the refs to throw the game is a whole other thing, which I have seen posted by some Viking fans. Now THAT is delusional.

As for the Vike/Pack game. I've seen worse officiated games by a long shot. What irks me is when Viking fans said "Good teams overcome that, blah balh" referring to the Phoenix game and 2009 Metrodump game. Alright, maybe they should listen to their own advice and shut up now. But, let the viking fans complain, they the losing side fans. It's their pity party not ours for a change. We won with 1/2 a team of backups. That means the backups are getting better hopefully.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Blaming the refs, makes the losing team fans feel better. That's all that is. Now claiming mob bosses forced the refs to throw the game is a whole other thing, which I have seen posted by some Viking fans. Now THAT is delusional.

As for the Vike/Pack game. I've seen worse officiated games by a long shot. What irks me is when Viking fans said "Good teams overcome that, blah balh" referring to the Phoenix game and 2009 Metrodump game. Alright, maybe they should listen to their own advice and shut up now. But, let the viking fans complain, they the losing side fans. It's their pity party not ours for a change. We won with 1/2 a team of backups. That means the backups are getting better hopefully.

They are blaming the mafia now! That makes me feel better knowing the mafia are Packer fans!!!

Murgen, do you have a link for the board that made the mafia reference. I want to send it to my uncle, he'd get a real laugh out of it!

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
They are blaming the mafia now! That makes me feel better knowing the mafia are Packer fans!!!

Not as much that they are packer fans, but that they had the game thrown to the Packers to make money on the game. Like they were doing in the NBA with that one ref.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score

Murgen, do you have a link for the board that made the mafia reference. I want to send it to my uncle, he'd get a real laugh out of it!
You know I saw that and haven't laughed so hard in a long time. If he can't find it I'll see if I can for you. It's no wonder Viking fans are called delusional. It is so far out there. The next thing you know the guy who posted it will be talking about aliens going into and out of Bretts butt.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dunno and I don't care.
All I know and care about is that the Packers beat the old loser rust bucket on his former tundra proving that the Packers can do it and are better than him! Especially with three picks with two that resulted in TDs!!!!!!

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
You know, the definition of a Viking fan has to include the word delusion in some form. I mean really, to follow a team for years that wins on a regular basis during the season but lets you down in the post season. You would have to be just a bit delusion in the first place. Um....might explain a few things in my life.......

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know, the definition of a Viking fan has to include the word delusion in some form. I mean really, to follow a team for years that wins on a regular basis during the season but lets you down in the post season. You would have to be just a bit delusion in the first place. Um....might explain a few things in my life.......
If most of you weren't extremely obnoxious, and weren't rivals, I would definitely sympathize with you.
I do with Cleveland fans...

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
If most of you weren't extremely obnoxious, and weren't rivals, I would definitely sympathize with you.
I do with Cleveland fans...
Theres a reason I only belong to two Viking forums. Obnoxious fans. The ones I belong to have strong, fair Mods. No sympathy needed.

Mushroom

Packer Owner/Shareholder
Reaction score
Theres a reason I only belong to two Viking forums. Obnoxious fans. The ones I belong to have strong, fair Mods. No sympathy needed.
Since we've buried the hatchet, Raptor, I am still curious...Whats the deal with your sig?

Members online

Latest posts