Vikings Chad Greenway Lost For The Season

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Minnesota Vikings rookie linebacker Chad Greenway will miss the 2006 season after injuring his left knee in Monday night's preseason game against the Raiders.

Greenway, the team's first-round draft pick from Iowa who is the second-string weakside linebacker behind E.J. Henderson, was covering a kickoff in the first quarter against the Oakland Raiders. He broke through the wedge, but got hurt and limped off the field.

The team did not specify what type of knee injury Greenway suffered.

"The toughest part in this business is dealing with the injuries and this is no different," Vikings coach Brad Childress said in a statement. "It's unfortunate because Chad improved during our minicamps, OTA's and training camp. He did a pretty good job in the plays he was in there for last night and made a big tackle on special teams. Chad will evaluate his options the upcoming weeks and we are confident he will be completely healthy for the 2007 season. Chad will have the full time to rehab."

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
yooperfan said:
I feel bad for Greenway.
He got the double whammy, first he gets drafted by the vikings, then he gets knocked out for the year.

That's what I'm saying bro.

His dream of joining the NFL started off on one of the three worst possible scenarios possible. Then to make it worse he's a Viking.

PackerSacker54

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerLegend said:
Minnesota Vikings rookie linebacker Chad Greenway will miss the 2006 season after injuring his left knee in Monday night's preseason game against the Raiders.

Greenway, the team's first-round draft pick from Iowa who is the second-string weakside linebacker behind E.J. Henderson, was covering a kickoff in the first quarter against the Oakland Raiders. He broke through the wedge, but got hurt and limped off the field.

The team did not specify what type of knee injury Greenway suffered.

"The toughest part in this business is dealing with the injuries and this is no different," Vikings coach Brad Childress said in a statement. "It's unfortunate because Chad improved during our minicamps, OTA's and training camp. He did a pretty good job in the plays he was in there for last night and made a big tackle on special teams. Chad will evaluate his options the upcoming weeks and we are confident he will be completely healthy for the 2007 season. Chad will have the full time to rehab."

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

That's unfortunate and plays a large role in my hatred for the preseason. :x

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is very sad for this kid. This is very sad his family, his Mother and his Father. Very sad for his highschool and college teammates that were looking forward to seeing him play this year.

There is nothing good about this.

Nothing.

Infact, it is not even good for the Packer fans.

Personally I would want the Packers to beat the Vikes with the best that they could throw at them.

F.Y.I.

The Raiders have a bad rap in the opinion of many football fans. This injury was not result of a cheap shot or an intentional attempt to injure.

It was just part of the game.

R.P.

vikesrule

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
This is very sad for this kid. This is very sad his family, his Mother and his Father. Very sad for his highschool and college teammates that were looking forward to seeing him play this year.

There is nothing good about this.

Nothing.

Infact, it is not even good for the Packer fans.

Personally I would want the Packers to beat the Vikes with the best that they could throw at them.

F.Y.I.

The Raiders have a bad rap in the opinion of many football fans. This injury was not result of a cheap shot or an intentional attempt to injure.

It was just part of the game.

R.P.
:agree:
Except for the "beat the Vikes" part
That is to dream the impossible dream.
I do not like it when any player gets injured.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now, Greenway was not the most fleet footed LB to begin with. You just hope the kid can regain his speed or his career could be in trouble.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greenway really could have contributed this season for the Vikes...how about that open field tackle he made on special teams? I thought it really showed his athleticism on that play.

Anyway, I agree that it's too bad for any player to get hurt and miss the season, even if it's a Viking. I'm sure he'll be back 100% next season though even hungrier.

Latest posts