[ VIDEO ] - Aaron Rodgers (11-20-06)

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
[align=center][video width=300 height=280]http://play.rbn.com/nfl//nfl/open/packers/wmdemand/nongame/061120rodgers.wmv[/video][/align]

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
[VIDEO] Aaron Rodgers (11-20-06)

Okay. His excuse for not talking to the media was because he found out his season was over from his injury. That's what I originally thought was the reason.

I'm gonna give him a 'pass' on that one, but his antics towards the OL. No. That wasn't addressed in this clip but I do suggest all Packer fans watch it as you will learn something about the future QB of the Packers.

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: [VIDEO] Aaron Rodgers (11-20-06)

Okay. His excuse for not talking to the media was because he found out his season was over from his injury. That's what I originally thought was the reason.

I'm gonna give him a 'pass' on that one, but his antics towards the OL. No. That wasn't addressed in this clip but I do suggest all Packer fans watch it as you will learn something about the future QB of the Packers.

What was the OL issue all about? I didn't see anything on it

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

Yared-Yam said:
What was the OL issue all about? I didn't see anything on it

He was *****ing them out as if he was god and they were his servants.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

all about da packers said:
Zero, was this during the game?

I sort of stopped watching when Cassel came in as QB for the Pats.

To be completely honest, I'm not sure. The media and a player mentioned it. I fell asleep. I can watch the last quarter and find out though. Scott Wells I believe alluded to it today on Tundra talk. I should really start recording that audio for you guys to hear. It is very interesting, MOST of the time.

mikegrubiak

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yeah, I meant, Where was the *****ing?

Do you have that posted somewhere?

Reaction score

Well then that was stupid. There is no reason to believe the O-Line was trying to get him killed, at least show some sympathy. I'm kinda surprised because I got the idea that Aaron was laid back, easy going.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

Yeah, I meant, Where was the *****ing?

Do you have that posted somewhere?

Nope, not yet. I'm gonna watch the last half of the game (sobbing) and find it. I've heard a few media ppl talk about it and one player was quoted "did u see any OL help him up?" when he was questioned about it. Of course, this player was 'unNamed'.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

Watched the last half of the game. I only seen two times where Rodgers made gestures towards the OL that could be construed as berating them.

He through his hands up in disgust once and then something similar when he fumbled.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Watched the last half of the game. I only seen two times where Rodgers made gestures towards the OL that could be construed as berating them.

He through his hands up in disgust once and then something similar when he fumbled.

Our Oline flat out got dominated and Jags alluded to as much in his interview after the game. I don't blame any of our QBs that had to play behind that jello wall on sunday. They've made some good progress, but they were atrocious on sunday and should take some accountability.

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I like that you titled him as the "Future QB of the Packers"

BryanAschenbrenner

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm disappointed in Aaron if he really did ***** out the OL. I was feeling pretty bad for him when I saw his interview last night (before I saw this thread obviously). To me, he seemed like he really wanted to help out and show he could be a solid backup, only to be done for the season. I don't know if anyone else feels this way, but I am trying to stay positive and believe that if he were put in a game from the beginning (instead of when they are getting dominated) he could perform well and prove his worth. Favre is still the **** though, no matter how he may struggle.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm disappointed in Aaron if he really did ***** out the OL.

Usually that's a sign of leadership. It's good to see Rodgers trying to get them going instead of just taking it over and over again and being a none factor in the huddle. I'm sure all Quarterbacks have laid into their teammates before. It's what makes you a leader. Now granted we really don't know what exactly was said but if he was just barking orders at them then I think that's one of the few good things I got from Rodgers against the Patriots.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

BryanAschenbrenner said:

Usually that's a sign of leadership. It's good to see Rodgers trying to get them going instead of just taking it over and over again and being a none factor in the huddle. I'm sure all Quarterbacks have laid into their teammates before. It's what makes you a leader. Now granted we really don't know what exactly was said but if he was just barking orders at them then I think that's one of the few good things I got from Rodgers against the Patriots.

Wrong. That is NOT how you be a leader. You show by EXAMPLE. He has not earned the right to be that way to anyone. From how it was stated by the media and the fans calling in he was *****ing them out. Not encourgaging them to do better or 'getting on them'. I think its good he's comfortable enough to do that, but that comfortableness could be arrogance and that concerns me.

Those curious, Rodgers stated he was frustrated and let it out the wrong way. Implying towards his teamates.

I'm hoping this occurred after his injury and coupled with the thorough *** spanking is where it came from.

I haven't heard anything devestating about since the after game show and the following day radio shows. That leads me to believe it can be dismissed as anything serious.

I really think if the kid did that he needs a slap back to reality and learn how to be a leader.

scotty

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I haven't heard anything devestating about since the after game show and the following day radio shows. That leads me to believe it can be dismissed as anything serious.

Then why are you making such a big deal about it?

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Zero2Cool said:

I like that you titled him as the "Future QB of the Packers"

He meant "ex-future QB of the Packers"..

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

porky88 said:
BryanAschenbrenner said:

Wrong. That is NOT how you be a leader. You show by EXAMPLE. He has not earned the right to be that way to anyone. From how it was stated by the media and the fans calling in he was *****ing them out. Not encourgaging them to do better or 'getting on them'. I think its good he's comfortable enough to do that, but that comfortableness could be arrogance and that concerns me.

Those curious, Rodgers stated he was frustrated and let it out the wrong way. Implying towards his teamates.

I'm hoping this occurred after his injury and coupled with the thorough *** spanking is where it came from.

I really think if the kid did that he needs a slap back to reality and learn how to be a leader.

Great post!! You have to lead by example, I can see where he/Favre would have gotton frustrated against the Pats being as our OL didnt hold up but then the DF didnt hold up either.

And about him not talking to the media after the game, he probably was hurting, but why couldnt he have just said that and walked away??

IMP who knows what happened in that game, only Rodgers and the OL knows maybe it wasnt as bad as it seemed.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score

porky88 said:
BryanAschenbrenner said:

What was he exactly saying? If he was *****ing them out then I agree with you.

If he was trying to get them fired up by raising his voice a little then that's perfectaly fine. You need outspoken leaders. Ray Lewis is an outspoken leader on the Ravens. The Ravens respect him and hear what he has to say. Classic example of what I'm talking about was Ohio State vs. Michigan. Troy Smith was getting his guys fired up. He was not talking normal. He was yelling. His offensive lineman were looking right back at him. They were listening and they answered him by allowing Smith to have a huge day. This happened right in the middle of the huddle and they showed it on T.V.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score

porky88 said:
What was he exactly saying? If he was *****ing them out then I agree with you.

Sounds good.

You know what he was saying? Or are you just basing it off of what you think he was saying. There is a difference between absolute fact and speculation on something. Pending what he said there really is no way to tell unless Rodgers or some of the lineman say something which they have not.

Members online

Latest posts