Valuable lesson for Rodgers

doughsellz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe now Aaron Rodgers has learned the cost of arrogance in a league where very little is needed to give one team more of an edge over it's opponent.

Much was made of the "champ's belt" pelvic thrust TD celebration he presented after his TD run against the grounds crew the Cardinals put in uniform the week prior to GB's playoff loss.

I imagine that was stuck in the craw of every AZ player. It showed by the amount of intensity they began the game with & GB failed to match it until the 31-10 lead allowed AZ to relax a little.

Bulletin board fodder aside there was much to be disappointed with as well as enough clutch performances to be proud of. For me this game had an eerie similarity to the '03 playoff game against SEA when Al Harris sealed the game with the first-ever defensive score to end an OT playoff game. The main difference was the instant karma Matt Hasselbeck was smacked with after his arrogant OT coin-flip prediction came back to haunt him.

Rodgers mistake was doing his thing a week before his team was required to return to the same location, giving those players too much time to stew about it.

I guess I'm too old school in my belief that trying to prove how great one is during dead ball time is a waste of energy. You just convinced them between the whistles, what more is necessary?

AlDay31

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Basically ARod does that after everyone of his rushing TDs. Read/listen (to) Rodgers'-interviews pretty humble, pretty down to earth.
But nice try.
Just by the way, I honestly liked the Barry Sanders type of cheering, too.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly for next season I want to hear more than just Charles Woodson chanting superbowl in our locker room. I expect everyone on this team Rodgers included to set their goals high because I'm tired of hearing that we have the potential to do so but never reach it.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I don't remember anybody making anything out of the belt thing. If they did, I didn't hear about it, and i'm never watching anything other than ESPN/NFL Network.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Deon had his dance, Brett had his lift the guys up over his shoulders, packers have the leap..

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe now Aaron Rodgers has learned the cost of arrogance in a league where very little is needed to give one team more of an edge over it's opponent.

Much was made of the "champ's belt" pelvic thrust TD celebration he presented after his TD run against the grounds crew the Cardinals put in uniform the week prior to GB's playoff loss.

I imagine that was stuck in the craw of every AZ player. It showed by the amount of intensity they began the game with & GB failed to match it until the 31-10 lead allowed AZ to relax a little.

Bulletin board fodder aside there was much to be disappointed with as well as enough clutch performances to be proud of. For me this game had an eerie similarity to the '03 playoff game against SEA when Al Harris sealed the game with the first-ever defensive score to end an OT playoff game. The main difference was the instant karma Matt Hasselbeck was smacked with after his arrogant OT coin-flip prediction came back to haunt him.

Rodgers mistake was doing his thing a week before his team was required to return to the same location, giving those players too much time to stew about it.

I guess I'm too old school in my belief that trying to prove how great one is during dead ball time is a waste of energy. You just convinced them between the whistles, what more is necessary?
I'm sorry man, but you're way off on this one. Portraying Rodgers as cocky and placing the blame on him for the loss is a huge mistake in my opinion.

After all, he did put up 45 points all by himself. And dismissed any officiating blame, saying he had to do a better job.

And, about the championship belt thing, I'm not going to aboard the subject.

His teammattes reports about his personality have much more weight than the impression of a fan who doesn't have the daily approach to him.

Naming it, I'm not going to approach the comparison with Favre's jokes and plays with his teammates.

But, hey, one sees a 51-45 game, with the deciding play an int which had a blalant facemask, and before a much more blalant helmet to helmet hit, and thinks about the QBs inneptitude.

And another see a 51-45 game, with the deciding play an int which had a blalant facemask, and before a much more blalant helmet to helmet hit, and thinks about the refs inneptitude, as well as his team's deficiencies in defensive playcalling and all around coverage.

Potato, potato, right?

-----

But he (and the team) have one big lesson to learn: Dominate on the regular season, like they're supposed to, and go play at home, where the officiating will pend towards them.

And start faster. Because you never know when your D will melt down. Don't count on being able to recover. Begin swinging. Like a south american soccer player once said: "Allways go to the field expecting to face a Lion. If you so happens to encounter a kitty, take advantage of that."

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Much was made of the "champ's belt" pelvic thrust TD celebration he presented after his TD run against

By who? Where? I heard them talking about it on ESPN radio for a bit (Milwaukee), but I never heard anything negative about it. It's not like he is disrespecting anyone.

But he (and the team) have one big lesson to learn: Dominate on the regular season, like they're supposed to, and go play at home, where the officiating will pend towards them.

Amen

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Am I in the right place?
Is this the Brent Farv board where they scapegoat and bash A-Rod?
Or is this the Packers board where they support A-Rod?
Hang on while I scroll up top and check...

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by doughsellz
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Much was made of the "champ's belt" pelvic thrust TD celebration he presented after his TD run against
By who? Where? I heard them talking about it on ESPN radio for a bit (Milwaukee), but I never heard anything negative about it. It's not like he is disrespecting anyone.

only place I know about is bretts official web site, heard they are mentioning it and using that as ANOTHER excuse as to why Rodgers sucks

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I see this **** all the time. The solution is simple. If they do not want to see Aaron's Championship Belt thingy.. they should not let him run into the End Zone. It's just like the whole Brewers' 'shirt untuck' after a win.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
only place I know about is bretts official web site, heard they are mentioning it and using that as ANOTHER excuse as to why Rodgers sucks
Yeah I saw that too.
I don't get it why they scapegoat A-Rod.
What did he do to them?

Thank god we are lucky enough to have a gifted talented QB to replace the last one.
And here's to A-Rod being even better than the Waffle Head. :drinks:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah I saw that too.
I don't get it why they scapegoat A-Rod.
What did he do to them?

Thank god we are lucky enough to have a gifted talented QB to replace the last one.
And here's to A-Rod being even better than the Waffle Head. :drinks:

I dont think it would have mattered who replaced Brett it would be the same...

They are so two faced and can not think logically I wonder how they go about doing daily chores?

cantstop12to85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yea you gotta realize how HARD it must have been for Rodgers to take over after a 16 year vet that we all got to know and love up and went. That being said i feel blessed to have a quarterback that can break the franchise record for passing yards in a season after all the ******** he had to go through. We all should. Lets just take a moment and thank god we dont have matthew stafford or brady quinn or trent dilfer haha. Personally i love rodgers and have the utmost faith in him regardless of whats happened in the past I think he's gonna bring super bowl number 4 to GB. You can just tell that man is good at his job and goes to work wen he gets behind a center just by the look in his eyes.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I see this **** all the time. The solution is simple. If they do not want to see Aaron's Championship Belt thingy.. they should not let him run into the End Zone. It's just like the whole Brewers' 'shirt untuck' after a win.

Agreed completely. On a similar theme, it's like when Prince Fielder hit a walk-off last year and the Brewers did that weird bowling pin thing. It set off some sort of league-wide controversy regarding it. Earth to baseball: if you don't want to see the Brewers celebrate don't give them a reason to.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yea you gotta realize how HARD it must have been for Rodgers to take over after a 16 year vet that we all got to know and love up and went. That being said i feel blessed to have a quarterback that can break the franchise record for passing yards in a season after all the ******** he had to go through. We all should. Lets just take a moment and thank god we dont have matthew stafford or brady quinn or trent dilfer haha. Personally i love rodgers and have the utmost faith in him regardless of whats happened in the past I think he's gonna bring super bowl number 4 to GB. You can just tell that man is good at his job and goes to work wen he gets behind a center just by the look in his eyes.
Let's be all thankful the 49ers took Alex Smith, how about that?

And there was question as to who should've been the #1 pick...

And don't give me the whole "context" argument. There's so much the environment can do for a guy. What separates those two is pure talent.

BBalzWI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fail thread is fail in my opinion.

If Rodgers learned anything this year it was that he can finish games unlike he did the previous year I would say. A lot of games were lost in that 6-10 season by under 4 points. Not that it's all on Rodgers but I think we can all safely say that Rodgers can march down the field during crunch time and put the ball in the endzone. Granted we lost to the Cardinals and he didn't do it, but I would pick him any day of the week over any other QB in the league. . .of course I'm bias but I love having him for our QB.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Manning who? Brady who? Brees who? Rodgers will be the #1 QB in NFL for years to come make no mistake. (knock on wood)

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oftentimes, AROD appears much like Peyton Manning - neither appears to be enjoying what they're doing. They act like they have the weight of the world on their shoulders and this ultimately affects how enjoyable they are to watch on TV.

This is about Arod's only fault, other than a few annoyances like he appears and moves like a robot and he's "modern" young, which is far different than "yesteryear" young.

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The reason they scapegoat Rodgers is because they are afraid. The know they will not win another division championship for many years. They must hate things like that statement from the Cards Rolle about never wanting to face him again he is so scary good.

OP
OP
doughsellz

doughsellz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers does the belt when he gets a rushing touchdown. I saw him do that in like week 10 or around there its not like he just started doing it in the game before the cardinals.

I didn't say Rodgers is arrogant. I said for a moment at the wrong place & the wrong time he displayed arrogance & I hope he realized it & learned from it. That's it.

I realize Rodgers has his end zone celebration. But a "champ's belt" he has yet to earn. That's all I'm saying. The Cards may have taken offense to him doing it against their backups. I'm just sayin'. They were the reigning NFC champs going into the playoffs this season. Taking off the green n gold goggles for a second, one can view Rodgers rushing TD celebration from the view of the actual NFC champs & find it offensive & more than a little arrogant. That's it.

BTW I watched FOX pregame & they showed it several times. It also was shown the day before during the pregame for DAL-PHI. Nothing was actually discussed about it but every time they pondered whether GB could win two weeks in a row they showed hi-lights from the previous week & Rodgers rush TD with the celebration (against 2nd stringers) was on the screen.

Nobody on FOX said anything about it, that I recall. It just seemed to me that there was some intent by the producers to imply something by showing it more than a time or two.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't say Rodgers is arrogant. I said for a moment at the wrong place & the wrong time he displayed arrogance & I hope he realized it & learned from it. That's it.

I realize Rodgers has his end zone celebration. But a "champ's belt" he has yet to earn. That's all I'm saying. The Cards may have taken offense to him doing it against their backups. I'm just sayin'. They were the reigning NFC champs going into the playoffs this season. Taking off the green n gold goggles for a second, one can view Rodgers rushing TD celebration from the view of the actual NFC champs & find it offensive & more than a little arrogant. That's it.

BTW I watched FOX pregame & they showed it several times. It also was shown the day before during the pregame for DAL-PHI. Nothing was actually discussed about it but every time they pondered whether GB could win two weeks in a row they showed hi-lights from the previous week & Rodgers rush TD with the celebration (against 2nd stringers) was on the screen.

Nobody on FOX said anything about it, that I recall. It just seemed to me that there was some intent by the producers to imply something by showing it more than a time or two.
I know what you're trying to say, but your theory falls to the ground when he by himself put 45 points on them and after the game their players said they never want to face him again...

His "arrogance" had absolutely nothing to do with the lost.

OHIOFAN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have said it many times, but it is the truth. It is a shame that Rodgers does not get the credit he deserves. He is a gifted and very talanted young QB, who I think has a chance to be GREAT. We hear all the talk about Rivers with the Chargers, Eli Manning etc, but Rodgers is playing at a level equal to or possibly better than the best QB's in the league. To consider Rodgers anything besides a class act is silly. The belt stunt that he did while running into the end zone is being blown way out of proportion. When Favre did the throat slit years ago against (the Raiders?) the league did not like it, but no one said a word. It is a shame that people do not appreciate the talent that Rodgers is. The team needs O-line help bad, if we watch Favre on TV, he has all day to throw the ball, when Rodgers gets the ball everyone fusses that he holds onto the ball too long. Up until this year Favre made poor decisions for the most part and would throw the ball up for grabs. The Pack has a future Hall of Famer at the helm now and the fans should stick behind him.

Members online

Latest posts