Update on RB Turner & GB

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I also heard the 1st and 3rd round picks for him. I'm sure some team out there will pay that for him.
I can't see TT giving up 2 picks fopr the guy. But maybe it could happen.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I also heard the 1st and 3rd round picks for him. I'm sure some team out there will pay that for him.

i can't see anyone giving up their 1st and 3rd rounders for him. i think he'll go for less than that. how much less? i don't know.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:

i can't see anyone giving up their 1st and 3rd rounders for him. i think he'll go for less than that. how much less? i don't know.

Smith has already said he "would listen" and I highly doubt he is going to "hear" from anybody with a one and three.

He will milk this until he is convinced he is looking at the best offer he is going to see. Then he decide it he wants the deal but he's keeping the door open which means it's not all about a one and three or nothing.

If someone wanted him that bad it would already be done.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Well apparently the Titans have brought Turner in for a look see, things may heat up here soon if ol' Ted has interest.

Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that Chargers running back Michael Turner, a restricted free agent, is visiting the Tennessee Titans on Monday.

Turner has been tendered at the highest level, which means that, if the Titans were to sign him to an offer sheet, the Chargers would have the right to match it. If the Chargers choose not to match the offer, they would receive Tennessee's first-round and third-round selections in the April 28-29 draft.

Another possibility would be for the Titans and Chargers to swing a trade for something less than a one and a three.

The Bills also are reportedly are interested in Turner. And there has been talk of a possible effort by the Packers to trade for him.

All three teams need a starting tailback; the Titans cut Travis Henry (who signed with the Broncos), the Packers lost Ahman Green to the Texans, and the Bills traded Willis McGahee to Baltimore.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was my understanding that the Titans let Henry go because they have LenDale White.
I certainly don't see a 1st and 3rd in that scenario.

Even if it meant a trade with White and a 1st for Turner that would mean Tenn used a 2nd one year (on White in '06) and 1st the next and ended up with one RB out of it. Poor use of high draft picks if you ask me.

Nor does a trade that would keep both White and Turner in Tenn make sense either.

Unless White's just not any good, and if that's the case why would they cut Henry, I'm just missing Tenn's position here.

I say this because if the Pack, for example, drafted White in the 2nd last year I doubt their interest level would be what it is at this time.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
It was my understanding that the Titans let Henry go because they have LenDale White.
I certainly don't see a 1st and 3rd in that scenario.

Even if it meant a trade with White and a 1st for Turner that would mean Tenn used a 2nd one year (on White in '06) and 1st the next and ended up with one RB out of it. Poor use of high draft picks if you ask me.

Nor does a trade that would keep both White and Turner in Tenn make sense either.

Unless White's just not any good, and if that's the case why would they cut Henry, I'm just missing Tenn's position here.

I say this because if the Pack, for example, drafted White in the 2nd last year I doubt their interest level would be what it is at this time.

I think part of the issue here is White showed up in the conditioning program at about 260... this might be either a wake up call for White or they are convinced that Reese last year made a mistake on White. But I agree, letting Henry go is puzzling.

OP
OP
A

Apocalypse

Cheesehead
Reaction score
STATS tracks broken tackles. Last year, Michael Turner broke an amazing 22 tackles in only 80 carries, which comes out to a broken tackle on an incredible 26.3% of his carries. Among players with any appreciable number of carries, this was by far the best in the NFL. Next best was Maurice Jones-Drew, who broke 31 tackles in 166 carries (15.1%). To put these numbers in context, LT broke 16 tackles in 348 carries (3.7%), Larry Johnson broke 26 tackles in 416 carries (6%), and Ronnie Brown broke 13 tackles in 241 carries (5%). Turner wasn't just a one-year wonder with the broken tackles -- in 2005 he broke 12 tackles in 57 attempts (18.2%).Of his 502 rushing yards in 2006, Turner gained 286 of them after contact, an average of 3.6 yards per carry after contact. In 2005, 201 of Turner's 335yards were after contact, an average of 3.5 yards per carry after contact.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
STATS tracks broken tackles. Last year, Michael Turner broke an amazing 22 tackles in only 80 carries, which comes out to a broken tackle on an incredible 26.3% of his carries. Among players with any appreciable number of carries, this was by far the best in the NFL. Next best was Maurice Jones-Drew, who broke 31 tackles in 166 carries (15.1%). To put these numbers in context, LT broke 16 tackles in 348 carries (3.7%), Larry Johnson broke 26 tackles in 416 carries (6%), and Ronnie Brown broke 13 tackles in 241 carries (5%). Turner wasn't just a one-year wonder with the broken tackles -- in 2005 he broke 12 tackles in 57 attempts (18.2%).Of his 502 rushing yards in 2006, Turner gained 286 of them after contact, an average of 3.6 yards per carry after contact. In 2005, 201 of Turner's 335yards were after contact, an average of 3.5 yards per carry after contact.

I mentioned this in another thread asking the question "how many yards do you think Turner would have had the day Herron broke 100 last year? I didn't have these numbers to show it but if we could get this guy past the line he can definately do the rest.

billv

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green Bay Press Gazette reports Turner's agent saying the Packers have no interest.

So much for that plan.

OP
OP
A

Apocalypse

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He already said that over a week ago (see the first post in this thread):

"If they have (talked), it's between them," Cook said. "No one has called me."

:thumbsup:

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Well, he said it again today, so I think it's news. Too bad. It was kind of a nice bit of speculation. It could possibly be a good move, and it least it would give us poor fans SOMETHING to chew on before the draft, which is still almost four weeks away.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:

Well, he said it again today, so I think it's news. Too bad. It was kind of a nice bit of speculation. It could possibly be a good move, and it least it would give us poor fans SOMETHING to chew on before the draft, which is still almost four weeks away.

Only 25 days 13 hours>

Members online

Latest posts