Upcoming games...

AzPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tough road games at Chicago next, then on to Pittsburgh who are still smarting from a couple of tough losses. Then Seattle in Green Bay, finally a road game at Arizona which might not matter to the Cardinals. It is not inconceivable to win out...we could still win the division. The pressure is on Minnesota to win out now. In my opinion, MM and TT don't look so bad right now.

What are your thoughts Packer Fans? Do you think we can win it out and take the division yet? Do you think McCarthy has turned this team around enough to save his job? Have the Packers done enough to save TT and MM from losing their jobs? Have your opinions changed on them?

:dontknow:

realoatesman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Currently going to college in Minnesota, but origi
Pittsburgh and Seattle will be wins. I'm worried about Chicago, (It's always hard to win there) and Arizona. They're looking good right now. In the end I think the Pack will win out. Oh and I never lost my faith in Thompson and I think he's brought in some great talent. As far as McCarthy goes he has done a great job in the second half of the season.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well as much as it hurts to say this as a Packers fan, I do believe that Minnesota will still win the division. Win or lose, every team has a fluke/screw up game on their schedule. As packer fans we know this quite well since we lost to the Buccs. I'm pretty sure the Favre might screw up but not as much as he did historically. Good news is, with the NFC East battling it out, I believe our record will suffice to guarantee a wild card.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I think having the D come online, fixing the o-line, and the Matthews Pick and his EXPLOSION (Rookie of the Year? Possibly) has saved MM and TT jobs.

Arizonia looked GREAT, they are getting hot and I think we'll have a heck of a time containing em. Chicago is always gonna play us tough, especially in their house and have a chance of playing spoiler. Seattle is probably a win. I don't think we'll fall into the trap like Tampa. The team seems to have really matured after that loss. Seems like Pittsburgh has fallen apart. I'm optimistically hoping for 3-1.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We're in the playoffs... Seattle is a win. Arizona is a win (AZ will have clinched playoff by then, and will rest starters). That's 10 wins. If we win against Chicago, a division, conference game, we're surely in the playoffs. But I think 10, even with our tiebreaker, will be enough...

Well, at least that's the fans mentality. The players ought to, and I think they will, take one game at a time. We can win out for sure. But Pittsburgh will be pretty desperate by then, and if Polamalu play, I don't see a W...

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
2-2. I think Chicago shocks us and I think Pittsburgh is desperate. That's 10-6, that should be good enough.

THE BIG QUESTION THOUGH:
If we need the Giants to lose in the last week of the year, they play...wait for it... keep waiting... almost there... THE VIKINGS!

Can we all bring ourselves to cheer on the purple? Favre could really stick it to us by throwing 8 INTs on purpose that day.

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2-2. I think Chicago shocks us and I think Pittsburgh is desperate. That's 10-6, that should be good enough.

THE BIG QUESTION THOUGH:
If we need the Giants to lose in the last week of the year, they play...wait for it... keep waiting... almost there... THE VIKINGS!

Can we all bring ourselves to cheer on the purple? Favre could really stick it to us by throwing 8 INTs on purpose that day.

I thought of the same thing. I really wouldn't put it past Favre to purposely stink it up that day just so we miss the playoffs. It's not like he hasn't purposely helped the Giants before (Michael Strahan).

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Gary Ellerson from WSSP 1250 am says he thinks the Packer will play the Viks in the NFCCG

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
That would require us to beat New Orleans. That's something I don't see happening unless Mark Brunell is their starting QB for that game.

Philly, us, Az, and Dallas are all 8-4...Lowest remaining seeded goes to NO, Highest seeded goes to Minny

Very well could be we end up being the highest seeded team after wild card weekend

Hell.....We could play AZ in AZ last game of year then go right back and play them again ala- GB vs Detroit back in93?

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
If the Redskin's can run them close then we can beat the Saints if we need too

*If* you say that ... you also have to take into account that Oakland beat Cincinnati ... And also beat the Eagles ... And the Steelers (in Pittsburg of all places LOL) ...

Taking the above into consideration, how do you (honestly) feel about the Packers chances then ?

Also don't forget ... The Cardinals finished very strong last season also ... And so the Cardinals have been the only team to be able to execute their "perfect" game plan against Minnesota ... Which I credit the Cardinals for more than the Vikings really ...

As said before ... writing up the "perfect" game plan and *then* executing it as well, are two distinctly very different things ...

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i know we had a lot of penalties last night,and that can hurt us but our d-line is playing really well st on the other hand has to step it up in these games,witch i think we can win vikes could lose to bangals and da bears,i like our chances.

Green_Bay_Packers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
*If* you say that ... you also have to take into account that Oakland beat Cincinnati ... And also beat the Eagles ... And the Steelers (in Pittsburg of all places LOL) ...

Taking the above into consideration, how do you (honestly) feel about the Packers chances then ?

Also don't forget ... The Cardinals finished very strong last season also ... And so the Cardinals have been the only team to be able to execute their "perfect" game plan against Minnesota ... Which I credit the Cardinals for more than the Vikings really ...

As said before ... writing up the "perfect" game plan and *then* executing it as well, are two distinctly very different things ...

Oakland Raiders are a good side, they could win the Superbowl :)

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think having the D come online, fixing the o-line, and the Matthews Pick and his EXPLOSION (Rookie of the Year? Possibly) has saved MM and TT jobs.

I agree on the ROTY for Clay. Who else is playing with more of a positive impact for the success of thier team?

Percy Harvin was a contender for awhile. Anyone else that began the year our right has pretty much crapped the bed:happy0005:.

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
ROTY is gonna go to Percy Harvin or Jarys Byrd of the Bills i think

Members online

Latest posts