1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Understanding the cap

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by ivo610, Aug 8, 2011.

1. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,442
    Thanks for posting that, Ivo! I was confused a bit with the cap and that helped to clear things up! :)

3. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +850
    I guess I'll have to read it again when I'm less tired..... wow! :blink: I had NO idea it was so complex...
    soft...hard....cash over cap. I'll try again in the morning! lol

4. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +850

That's what he said!!!....

*before someone else does it!!! LOL

5. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
  6. Jordyruns

Jordyruns Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +175
    So I hear about this borrowing from future cap thing the eagles could use, and I think I get it, but does that mean that their cap will be at 117million instead of 120 mil in the future? To me that's what it seems like it would have to be but hey I don't understand the details of the salary cap at all.
    If this is the case then they are really going down the same path as the 09 vikings with an old QB and many young guys (jackson maclin mccoy DRC and others they still need to sign).

And thanks for the articles I've been trying to better understand the salary cap and those two articles helped clear some light for me keep them coming if you can!

7. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    as far as I know the eagles have not borrowed from next year. They have a ton of players that are young and cheap. They also have the ability to resign Jackson and Vick this year to long term contracts. what they have done with the cap is amazing.