UEFA Champions League

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
I think everyone knew if Madrid scored away it was over. Bayern had plenty of chances and couldn't put the ball in the net, so that's that.

Having Boateng back with his long passes is great. Bayern better lock up the dang bundesliga this weekend or I'm gonna be pissed.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
I do think Bayern's performance today proves all the more that Pep was out of his mind with the lineup he started in the first leg.

You don't know what never happened though, so perhaps Atletico wins anyways? They played the better game both times and they won.

Bring on Ancelotti :ninja:

Schmidi23

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What a game this was! So proud of this team and the way they played. Unfortunately this stupid away goal ruined the show. I still don't get it why this rule was installed in the first place at least it don't see the pros outweighing the cons. Bayern did score 2, Atletico did score 2. Bayern dominated Atletico for 140min and is out. But these are the rules and they have to be respected. Congrats to Atletico for advancing to the final!

I have to say I don't like the style of Atleticos game and their constant delay of game and whining and so on but it has to be respected that they play "their" game to a perfection and eliminated two of the best teams with Barcelona and Bayern

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
You live by away goals and you die by them. Bayern squeaked by Juvy that way.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well guys, I'm far away of being a Bayern fan but I must say over all it's not the better team that is playing the final now.
Fully agree with Itkovian, it was the game in Madrid and a more than strange lineup by Pep that cost Bayern another CL final.
Although I'm tired of Peps tiki-taka style football the kind of football that Atletico is playing is even worse. It's nothing but destructive but as Schmidi mentioned, this up to perfection. Btw, I'm rooting for Citeh today ;)

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I think Atletico play very similar to a Mourinho team, they are utterly dogged and higly motivated. Parking the bus is the order of the day followed by hitting you on the break and holding out to win by the odd goal. The only difference is Simeone is smarter in the respect that he is on the side of his players, staff, and club. Thats why he's been there for some time and will no doubt leave for a giant club sooner or later. However i hate to say it but in terms of the game it would have been better if Bavaria were there instead.

Last edited:

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
1-0 at HT. City clearly looking second best in this match so far.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pathetic performance by Liverpool in the second half so far. Didn't expect this after a decent first half. It's a absolutely deserved lead for Sevilla, looks like the Reds will watch European football on TV next season.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Pathetic performance by Liverpool in the second half so far. Didn't expect this after a decent first half. It's a absolutely deserved lead for Sevilla, looks like the Reds will watch European football on TV next season.
Yeah they played quite well in the first half but in the second they were non existant. Strange......it was only the final of the second biggest trophy in Europe, Sevilla were too good for them and they just collapsed.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah they played quite well in the first half but in the second they were non existant. Strange......it was only the final of the second biggest trophy in Europe, Sevilla were too good for them and they just collapsed.
It must be a curse, Klopp lost his fifth final in a row. :eek::D

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Lots of diving going on and its only 10 minutes into the match. Are we sure Robben isn't Spanish?
Hope you enjoying the game, im listening to it online its not on the terrestrial channnels here all payper view. Atletico pretty poor so far..............

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
A game of two halves much better from Atletico, if only they converted the penalty.........

Bridcarper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Getting to watch the game tonight. Those nice people at BT Sports are showing it free. Not too bad a match as far as finals go. Being a United fan I would like Ronaldo to get another winners medal, but I would equally like to see Athletico do the business. Either way I'm enjoying a few beers on a Saturday night!