UEFA Champions League

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Still impressed by this wonderful football game :tup:
To me this is modern football as it's best, attack, pressing and counterattack on a high speed level.
And now compare it to this boring tiki-taka style football that I'm so tired of.
Two completely different game concepts and I definitely prefer the Klopp/Tuchel style of football over any endless midfield passing game.

Last edited:
OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Ehhh.......calm down, calm down, La eh?!!
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Bayern v Atletico; Man City v RM This looks like some great matches. I kind of wish Bayern had drawn Real Madrid right off the bat, but Atletico is going to be a heck of tough match up.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
The semi final matches are difficult to predict, you may as well throw the dice on each one and get a different winner every time.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Bayern v Atletico; Man City v RM This looks like some great matches. I kind of wish Bayern had drawn Real Madrid right off the bat, but Atletico is going to be a heck of tough match up.
Yep get the difficult one out of the way first. ;):D

Last edited:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Yep get the difficult on out of the way first. ;):D

It seems to me, in my uneducated opinion, that Real Madrid are far and away the best team of the four. Barring injuries to Bale, or Ronaldo, and Marcello, I think they are going to roll right through everyone.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Still impressed by this wonderful football game :tup:
To me this is modern football as it's best, attack, pressing and counterattack on a high speed level.
And now compare it to this boring tiki-taka style football that I'm so tired of.
Two completely different game concepts and I definitely prefer the Klopp/Tuchel style of football over any endless midfield passing game.
Football played like that you can't really ask for more, as opposed to tiki-taka lets not cross the half way line and Dalek ugly win at all costs defensive Mourinho style. Fans want to be entertained as well as win more than you lose.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Football played like that you can't really ask for more, as opposed to tiki-taka lets not cross the half way line and Dalek ugly Win at all costs defensive Mourinho style. Fans want to be entertained as well as win more than you lose.

I've come to really dislike Tiki-taka because it seems to be wasting some great scoring opportunities by really talented guys. Bayern should be winning these matches by 3 or 4 to 1, but they just sit back and pass the ball around. :rolleyes:

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
It seems to me, in my uneducated opinion, that Real Madrid are far and away the best team of the four. Barring injuries to Bale, or Ronaldo, and Marcello, I think they are going to roll right through everyone.

I don't agree. If you followed La Liga this season you'd see they have struggled, at least in terms of being Real Madrid. They've turned things around and played better since Zidane came aboard and got his system together, but they are by no means "far and away the best team". I think right now it is a pure toss up. Any of the 4 teams left could win it.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I don't agree. If you followed La Liga this season you'd see they have struggled, at least in terms of being Real Madrid. They've turned things around and played better since Zidane came aboard and got his system together, but they are by no means "far and away the best team". I think right now it is a pure toss up. Any of the 4 teams left could win it.

I hope you're right.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
The big hub bub right now is from all the Bayern fans wondering why the heck Mueller and Ribery are on the bench for the first leg against Atletico. :confused:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Atletico was way too fast for Bayern. Respect to them for their pace. Saul should get his name changed to Paul now, because he blinded Bayern with that footwork. ;)

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
So let me get this straight....playing against a team with a defense so strong you have to be really creative to score...and you bench your most creative goalscorer. Yeah, freaking brilliant.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

Schmidi23

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First half Atletico was really good on defense as well on offense. The goal was really nice from Saul but at the same time poorly defended from 4 Bayern players.

I really don't get it why you leave the only truly Center Back (Benatia) on the bench and let Alaba play this position. Why not put Benatia in and move Alaba to his best position Left Back? It would also have given Bayern a decent advantage on corners (defense & offense) with Benatia in the game. Bernat did play poorly throughout the match and I don't get it why you would, as Pep, look at this and then suddenly change your mind in tht 77th minute and bring on Benatia for Bernat ot move Alaba outside.

2nd half was pretty decent from Bayern, creating many Chances unfortunately without scoring. Alabas shot was amazing from 28 meters, at the same time they got lucky when Alaba was fooled once again by Torres who then put the shot on the post.

Atletico did defend very well without playing foul often, actually Bayern fould more often than Atletico (7-13) but when Bayern play in Munich for 90min like they did in Madrid, I am very hopeful that they will advance, still they have to be very careful to not concede a goal.

On the Müller-Topic: It seems like Pep doesn't get it. MÜLLER SPIELT IMMER!!!

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
"Following the 1-0 defeat against Atletico, Guardiola explained that he wanted "a left-footed player on the left and a right-footed player on the right" and also "one more midfielder."

.....worst explanation ever.....

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
"Following the 1-0 defeat against Atletico, Guardiola explained that he wanted "a left-footed player on the left and a right-footed player on the right" and also "one more midfielder."

.....worst explanation ever.....

Did the middle player have to have a middle foot? :D

Members online

Latest posts