UEFA Champions League

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
So far Barca seems to be playing rather casually. While Juve doesn't seem to be able to sustain any energy when they get it.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Thoughts on todays draw?

I'm happy with it for Bayern. Arsenal, Olympiakos, and GNK Dinamo.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gladbach got a tough group, think they wont make it to the next round. Volkswagen will lose de Bruyne to City and without him they wont have any chance against ManU.
Bayern against Arsenal sounds like another interesting game, however, Piraus and Zagreb shouldnt be a problem. Bayern will win this group.
Group E will go to Barca.

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
Europa League draw...

Group A: Ajax, Celtic , Fenerbahce, Molde

Group B: Rubin Kazan, Liverpool, Bordeaux, FC Sion

Group C: Borussia Dortmund, Paok Thessaloniki, Krasnodar, Gabala

Group D; Napoli, Club Brugge, Legia Warsaw, Midtjyllland

Group E: Villarreal, Viktoria Plzen, Rapid Vienna, Dinamo Minsk

Group F: Marseille, Braga, Slovan Liberec, Groningen

Group G: Dnipropetrovsk, Lazio, St-Etienne, Rosenborg

Group H: Sporting Lisbon, Besiktas, Lokomotiv Moscow, Skenderbeu

Group I: Basel, Fiorentina, **** Poznan, Belenenses

Group J: Tottenham, Anderlecht, Monaco, Qarabag

Group K: Schalke, Apoel Nicosia, Sparta Prague, Asteras Tripolis

Group L: Athletic Bilbao, AZ Alkmaar, Augsburg, Partizan Belgrade

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
None taken. I've learned that FCBayern is like the NY Yankees. Their the team everybody loves to hate. ;)

Well... I think the glory of midweek voetbol is to see match ups that don`t normally occur. Same with the Cup competitions. I was just thinking that this particular pairing had come up all too frequently of late.

If this makes any sense.... somehow on a sporting level I am okay with playing FC Bayern. What makes you `hate`them is the (bodenlose) arrogance of their management and a certain element of their fan base. FC Bayern reminds me of the Rags sometimes, Montreal Canadiens, or Jerry Jones and the Cowboys.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
4-0 at the half. I think someone gave the Dynamo Zagreb kits to Mainz for this match!

Yet... listening to the German broadcast on Sky... All you hear is the Bad Blue Boys singing... way above the Bayern fans. Should be embarrassing to the Munich fans. Bad Blue Boys aren't even prominent anymore and they are dominant in the vocal singing.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Yet... listening to the German broadcast on Sky... All you hear is the Bad Blue Boys singing... way above the Bayern fans. Should be embarrassing to the Munich fans. Bad Blue Boys aren't even prominent anymore and they are dominant in the vocal singing.

I hear singing, but I can't tell who it is from. :laugh:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
OK, time to pull the important guys and let the teenagers play, so that we have a full lineup for der Klassiker.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Ha. It's definitely Croatian. I heard it a week ago. A benefit of living in Europe.

I don't know what broadcast you had, but all I could hear the entire game was Bayern fans singing their usual anthems. Maybe your broadcast had a mike near the visitors corner.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
I don't know what broadcast you had, but all I could hear the entire game was Bayern fans singing their usual anthems. Maybe your broadcast had a mike near the visitors corner.

I had the Sky broadcast... you? That clearly was the Bad Blue Boys singing. I know their songs.

Members online

Latest posts