UEFA Champions League

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Speaking on Müller's record of youngest player to 50 UCL wins:

Club captain Philipp Lahm joked in "Kicker": "He owes us a round of drinks, because we played our part in it."

Muller replied: "If we were to buy a round of drinks every time a Bayern player breaks a record, we'd rarely be sober." :tup::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Messi, Ronaldo and Neymar nominated for the Ballon d'Or. Oh well, at least Neymar got on the ballot even though we already know what the result will be.....:rolleyes:

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Muller should have been on there (20 goals across all competitions, and an uncanny ability to just completely disrupt a defense). Not surprising though that no one else can crack the list once again.:confused:

Messi shouldn't even be on there. He has been injured most of the season, and really hasn't done much. Ronaldo is still Ronaldo, but even he is having an average year by his standards.

They just need to completely trash the ballon d'or and start over with a new award system.

Robertloren

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Muller should have been on there (20 goals across all competitions, and an uncanny ability to just completely disrupt a defense). Not surprising though that no one else can crack the list once again.:confused:

Messi shouldn't even be on there. He has been injured most of the season, and really hasn't done much. Ronaldo is still Ronaldo, but even he is having an average year by his standards.

They just need to completely trash the ballon d'or and start over with a new award system.
Totally agree. Almost feels like everyone is taking Muller for granted. He's at the top along with Ronaldo.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
lol, those poor fools had the misfortune of being the first team Real has faced since being kicked out of the copa

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Commentator regarding Dinamo, They've had to be ghostbusters tonight. Chasing Specters all night. Lol.

For Bundesbiers sense of equality, "That penalty kick was arrogantly taken. I bet Pep will have a word or two with him."

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Why doesn't the NFL have commentators who can turn a phrase? Joe Buck doesn't seem to cut it for me. I like these UK guys.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I thought Julian Green did a fine job yesterday for Bayern. He seemed to lack some confidence pushing toward the goal line. It was clear he could beat the defender on his side, but he played a little too selfless in my opinion. I thought he passed it off too quickly. He could have given them some more headaches and at least caused them to give up some more corner kicks. I think he should be given more playing time with the first squad to get the edge he needs. But heck, cracking into that squad as a winger is a big task. Maybe if he had some time to get mentored by Costa he'd be a heck of an addition.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
I thought Julian Green did a fine job yesterday for Bayern. He seemed to lack some confidence pushing toward the goal line. It was clear he could beat the defender on his side, but he played a little too selfless in my opinion. I thought he passed it off too quickly. He could have given them some more headaches and at least caused them to give up some more corner kicks. I think he should be given more playing time with the first squad to get the edge he needs. But heck, cracking into that squad as a winger is a big task. Maybe if he had some time to get mentored by Costa he'd be a heck of an addition.

IIRC Kimmich did that his first game too, just passed it off as soon as he got it. Almost like they are afraid of it lol

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
I think Real Madrid got confused when they heard it was "Black Monday for Football"

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
It's nice to have Ribery back in the lineup, but Tasci is going to have to get up to speed fast if Bayern wants to even have a prayer against Juventus.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
That Bayern v Juventus game was crazy. Classic match of powers. I know a lot of Bayern fans are moaning about giving up a 2 goal lead, but I'm more than happy to walk away from Turin with a tie and two away goals. Definitely gives bayern the edge heading into the home leg. If Bayern scores even one goal it will be hard for Juventus to pull out a win at the Allianz

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
That Bayern v Juventus game was crazy. Classic match of powers. I know a lot of Bayern fans are moaning about giving up a 2 goal lead, but I'm more than happy to walk away from Turin with a tie and two away goals. Definitely gives bayern the edge heading into the home leg. If Bayern scores even one goal it will be hard for Juventus to pull out a win at the Allianz

Juventus are the finalists from last year. They have a good team. I thought one play was particularly funny, but I don't know if anyone else noticed it. Cuadrado kept falling down and trying to draw fouls when guys were in back of him. He'd lean back and come crashing to the turf like they hit him with a haymaker. It worked a few times. But one time he started leaning back and the Bayern player took a couple steps back and Cuadrado did his act, crashed to the turf, but no one was around him. I literally laughed out loud.

Schmidi23

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So I registered to get more info about my favorit (american) football team and first post is in the Champions League section :) Well hello from Austria, home of the the one and only David Alaba

First teams are through to the quarters and well no team was really impressive to me.

Real Madrid won easily 4-0 on aggregate but their defense didn't look that great but for me they clearly lost their spot in the Top 3 in Europe this year.

Wolfsburg did what they had to do against Gent but must have been really dissapointing for the managers of the club to see, that the stadium isn't even sold out on the highest possible stage although their stadium is pretty small 26k for international matches. Of course it was Gent but still...

Benfica got through against Zenit St. Petersburg, didn't see much of that game but I guess drawing the Portugese team in the Quarters wouldn't be so bad for either team.

PSG was probably the most impressive of the 4 against Chelsea FC but it will be interesting to see if they could live up to teams like Barca or Bayern which will dominate the game with their ball possession and superb strikers. Although Bayern first have to jump over the hurdle Juventus which I hope they do as I am a huge fan of the bavarians (since the late 90's, not just since Alaba plays there ;))

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
So I registered to get more info about my favorit (american) football team and first post is in the Champions League section :) Well hello from Austria, home of the the one and only David Alaba

First teams are through to the quarters and well no team was really impressive to me.

Real Madrid won easily 4-0 on aggregate but their defense didn't look that great but for me they clearly lost their spot in the Top 3 in Europe this year.

Wolfsburg did what they had to do against Gent but must have been really dissapointing for the managers of the club to see, that the stadium isn't even sold out on the highest possible stage although their stadium is pretty small 26k for international matches. Of course it was Gent but still...

Benfica got through against Zenit St. Petersburg, didn't see much of that game but I guess drawing the Portugese team in the Quarters wouldn't be so bad for either team.

PSG was probably the most impressive of the 4 against Chelsea FC but it will be interesting to see if they could live up to teams like Barca or Bayern which will dominate the game with their ball possession and superb strikers. Although Bayern first have to jump over the hurdle Juventus which I hope they do as I am a huge fan of the bavarians (since the late 90's, not just since Alaba plays there ;))

Willkommen bei den Fußball-Threads.

Pretty good group here.

I think the Frenchies with Ibrahimovich could give a lot of teams problems. They are fairly stacked this year.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Willkommen bei den Fußball-Threads.

Pretty good group here.

I think the Frenchies with Ibrahimovich could give a lot of teams problems. They are fairly stacked this year.

Agree. And Bayern, though I love them, are looking very vulnerable right now.

Schmidi23

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PSG clearly is a team to be watched this year. As I mentioned Real Madrid, IMO, losing its Top3 status, PSG is now in there. Barca clearly looks like the team to beat but still they are also pretty lucky that none of their stud players is injured when it really matters.

Bayern does look vulnerable in the defense but as they are so good in attacking the opponent immediately after they lost the ball they are still top notch. Lately they lacked effectiveness in front of the goal. A lot of really good chances were missed in the league as well as against the black&whites from Torino. It seems that Javi Martinez maybe back in a few weeks and can add much needed depth for the center back position. Hopefully Alaba then can & will be moved back to the left as Bernat is struggling mightily the last few games.

Staff online

Members online