UEFA Champions League

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I can't make out who is singing what most of the time. I just hear a lot of singing in the background. During the match my wife commented; "Aren't those people hoarse after a game?" I had to laugh. I told her they sing all the time during matches in Europe. The tunes being sung are similar by many teams. I even hear similar tunes when I'm watching Everton in the BPL. They sound like the tunes I hear in the Bundesliga matches. But my hearing is shot anyway, so it all sounds pretty much the same. Even though they are singing in what I suppose is English at the BPL matches, I still can't make out the words. I try to turn it up and make out the words during Bundesliga matches and that doesn't help either.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
To hear these announcer fawning over CR7, I figure Lewandowski could score 5 goals every game and the Ballon d'Or would still go to the Spanish pretty boy. :rolleyes:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Listenening to BBC Radio 1 while on the road and they made a little contest who could pronounce Borussia Moenchengladbach properly and best.
Funny. Seems to be a real challenge for non-Germans :D

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Listenening to BBC Radio 1 while on the road and they made a little contest who could pronounce Borussia Moenchengladbach properly and best.
Funny. Seems to be a real challenge for non-Germans :D
I learned a lot of pronunciation from native Germans. I would mimic exactly how they sounded, even down to forming my mouth the right way. Germans have a different set to the shape of the lips when they speak. I was told I had a perfect Berlin dialect. (My teacher was from Berlin) However, in my opinion, speaking English is even hard for the Brits. :)

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Arijan Ademi (Zagreb midfielder) facing a potential 2 year ban for doping. Ouch.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
OK. Lewandowski is 7 goals ahead of Ronaldo right now and what is the press talking about? Ronaldo's best goals; Ronaldo wants a 5th golden shoe, Ronaldo walks on water, heals the lame, casts out demons and single handedly controls Spain.

Bundesliga players don't get the respect they deserve, unless that respect comes through a huge contract out of England or Spain. I guess that is something. Even Mueller said the wages coming out of England are very tempting. Can you blame these guys for going for the money?

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
The Brit equivalent of National Enquirer. :roflmao::roflmao:

Meh, they were citing a Sky Sports interview he just had, so I thought there might be some truth in there. Haven't watched that interview though.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Meh, they were citing a Sky Sports interview he just had, so I thought there might be some truth in there. Haven't watched that interview though.
The story may well be true however because its DM id always take it with a pinch of salt, and i actually read the Daily Mail only because it makes me laugh because its full of $hyde.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Arsenal earned that one. Bayern controlled the pitch, but lost the points. You have to be able to finish. Tiki Taka is worthless without goals.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Arsenal earned that one. Bayern controlled the pitch, but lost the points. You have to be able to finish. Tiki Taka is worthless without goals.

The last two games have been really weird. Like they want to just hold the ball but aren't actually that interested in attacking hard.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
The last two games have been really weird. Like they want to just hold the ball but aren't actually that interested in attacking hard.

I know. They dominated the game, but just didn't get the ball in the net. What's up with that?

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Two things so far; yes Mesuit, it IS a hand ball if you use your forearm to knock the ball into the goal, second, Cech is a real steal for Arsenal.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Mistake of the match so far; Wenger substituting in an extra striker and weakening his defense. What the heck was he thinking??

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Two things so far; yes Mesuit, it IS a hand ball if you use your forearm to knock the ball into the goal, second, Cech is a real steal for Arsenal.

Yeah I've already heard some gunner whining that it only "glanced off shoulder".....yeaaaaah no.

Glad Bayern came out and made a statement today. It is nice to have Robben back.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Hey Olympiacos. We only have two goals scored on you so far. The least you can do is give us a few more. After all, Germany bailed your country out twice and you welched on repayment.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Olympiacos. We only have two goals scored on you so far. The least you can do is give us a few more. After all, Germany bailed your country out twice and you welched on repayment.
At least a third goal now for Bayern.;)
And Robben injured....

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts