UEFA Champions League

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
I believe the rule of a red applies if it is a foul to stop an "obvious goal scoring opportunity". In this case, it sure looked like Bernat did just that. It was a careless challenge. I think Neuer would have gotten to that one, so maybe it wasn't so obvious. But, I don't have a problem with the red in this case. I have a problem with Pep's decisions on who played when and where. But maybe he thought the match didn't ultimately matter and wanted to save his stellar players for Bundesliga. It just bugged me that he left the second teamers in with guys like Mueller and Goetze on the bench. He brought Schweini in too late as well. I still can't figure out why he would take Lewandowski AND Ribery off when they were already playing at a disadvantage. Pep makes me scratch my head in wonder a lot. But he's a winning coach, so he must know what he is doing.

It's a bit of a tough definition. I think the rule is, if there's a foul in the box and the defender committing the foul is the LAST player between him and the goalie, it's an automatic red. The whole "goal scoring opportunity" definition can be muddled if while being fouled, the attacking player has a slim angle to score a goal... is it really a goal scoring opportunity if the angle is slim to score the goal? It becomes a subjective call for the ref. Everyone would probably be happy if subjectiveness is taken away, but it's probably impossible.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Well and I thought Canada is a first world country ? Whats wrong with the Canadian Internet connection ? :cautious::D

Don't get me started on my anti-Canadian rhetoric. I've got a lot of material and could be here for hours. :p:D:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Don't get me started on my anti-Canadian rhetoric. I've got a lot of material and could be here for hours. :p:D:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

I know of at least two good things from Canada Bryan Adams........ok his music's not the best but he is a Chelsea fan so he's ok in my book, Shania Twain ok her music's not the best but at lest she's a bit of eye candy and thats never a bad thing. I think its a safe bet that there are also many other good things that come from Canada. :D

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know of at least two good things from Canada Bryan Adams........ok his music's not the best but he is a Chelsea fan so he's ok in my book, Shania Twain ok her music's not the best but at lest she's a bit of eye candy and thats never a bad thing. I think its a safe bet that there are also many other good things that come from Canada. :D
maple syrup ? :cautious:;)

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score

You forgot the greatest Canadian of all time... Justin Bieber. :roflmao:

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
You forgot the greatest Canadian of all time... Justin Bieber. :roflmao:

Luckily for me that individual does not even register, Say what you like about Adams and Twain but at least there is a certain amount of talent there. :laugh:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
BVB are playing their hearts out. 2 Aubameyang goals called back because of very tight offside calls.