UEFA Champions League

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pep decided to give up on the scrubs. Brought Dante in. Rode out. How long before Hojbjerg is out and Müller in?
With only 10 players left I have my doubt that Bayern will win this game.
But they are far ahead of any other team in the group, it wont matter.....

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Man Citeh don't seem to be cut out for Europe at the moment for some reason. Lack off Experience, Battle Hardness at that level don't know............ill probly be eating ma words by the end of the game though ha! :D

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Man Citeh don't seem to be cut out for Europe at the moment for some reason. Lack off Experience, Battle Hardness at that level don't know............ill probly be eating ma words by the end of the game though ha! :D

They look really old... aged.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score

Well foretold!

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
These words are very tasty! fairplay to Aguero :tup: however Citeh require work against the bigger teams all the same. How Bayern failed to score another against Joe Hart is another thing.........:cautious:

I was a bit shocked of the 2 defensive lapses from Alonso, and whoever else it was. Not scoring another goal when you are a man down is easier to understand.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I was a bit shocked of the 2 defensive lapses from Alonso, and whoever else it was. Not scoring another goal when you are a man down is easier to understand.

Dont know didn't Citeh score first? ;) nah it does get more difficult against eleven men in all fairness.......but its Joe Hart. :D

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

Boateng was the other. But Bernat gave city the ball way too often. It was almost like someone told them not to beat City with only 10 guys.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Boateng was the other. But Bernat gave city the ball way too often. It was almost like someone told them not to beat City with only 10 guys.

Not so sure it was a sending off either, a bit soft I thought. But that's the way of it sometimes.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey, another German team played Champions League and lost too.
Why is nobody mentioning that Schei***04 lost 0-5 against Chelsea :cautious: ? I'm nothing but delighted by this Chelsea win :p:D

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not so sure it was a sending off either, a bit soft I thought. But that's the way of it sometimes.
I think this rule that it has to be a penalty and a send-off should be discussed. At the end Bayern will be penalised three times: City got a penality and scored, Benatia was sent-off and Bayern had to finish the game with 10 players and he will be suspended a couple games. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Why is nobody mentioning that Schei***04 lost 0-5 against Chelsea :cautious: ? I'm nothing but delighted by this Chelsea win :p:D

I kept quiet.....i thought before the game it would be really tight, Chelsea scored in the first 60 seconds and were 3-0 up at halftime yepp delighted. :tup:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

I believe the rule of a red applies if it is a foul to stop an "obvious goal scoring opportunity". In this case, it sure looked like Bernat did just that. It was a careless challenge. I think Neuer would have gotten to that one, so maybe it wasn't so obvious. But, I don't have a problem with the red in this case. I have a problem with Pep's decisions on who played when and where. But maybe he thought the match didn't ultimately matter and wanted to save his stellar players for Bundesliga. It just bugged me that he left the second teamers in with guys like Mueller and Goetze on the bench. He brought Schweini in too late as well. I still can't figure out why he would take Lewandowski AND Ribery off when they were already playing at a disadvantage. Pep makes me scratch my head in wonder a lot. But he's a winning coach, so he must know what he is doing.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I believe the rule of a red applies if it is a foul to stop an "obvious goal scoring opportunity". In this case, it sure looked like Bernat did just that. It was a careless challenge. I think Neuer would have gotten to that one, so maybe it wasn't so obvious. But, I don't have a problem with the red in this case. I have a problem with Pep's decisions on who played when and where. But maybe he thought the match didn't ultimately matter and wanted to save his stellar players for Bundesliga. It just bugged me that he left the second teamers in with guys like Mueller and Goetze on the bench. He brought Schweini in too late as well. I still can't figure out why he would take Lewandowski AND Ribery off when they were already playing at a disadvantage. Pep makes me scratch my head in wonder a lot. But he's a winning coach, so he must know what he is doing.

I dont know what the heck im doing trying to defend a Bayern player.........but seriously i have seen worse and no foul and red card depends on the ref.

I would have taken off one of the forwards and replaced him with a Defender like for like, and kept the stongest team out there. Maybe Guardiola was just trying to think too out of the box for his own good.

Last edited:

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score

Bad loss and hard times for Schalke. It's only because they don't play my family name for goalie anymore. Hildebrand. :D:roflmao:

Members online

Latest posts