Tyrell Sutton

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would like to see him make the team and cut Wynn making it Grant, Jackson, Lumkin and Sutton.

He was solid in college and Wynn is proving that a strong wind could knock him down and result in a 3 week injury. Any thoughts?

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we'll keep only 3 RBs in the active roster, and one in the practice squad... My guess would be Grant, Jackson, Lumpkin, and Wynn in the practice squad. (Remember, Wynn was once a top recruit comming out of HS, and it's pretty though for an undrafted rookie to make the roster)

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any injuries in camp or preseason will influence the decision. If Sutton shows anythng as a third down back and/ or kick returner he'll make the team and Wynn or Lumpkin won't.
Lumpkin beat out Wynn last year, but got hurt. Both are injury prone and inconsistent but are basically the same size and type of back so keeping two isn't worth it.
Don't discount the Packers finding someone else on waivers or by trade in the preseason, either. That's when they traded for Grant two years ago.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't discount the Packers finding someone else on waivers or by trade in the preseason, either. That's when they traded for Grant two years ago.
This has been up for some time. Don't expect the same "luck" we had with Grant. It's not because he was picked that way that we'll find another starter in waivers... Acutally, it's not very probable.
*The "luck" thing is because I know there's a lot of other factors involved, good scouting, good market evaluation...

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This has been up for some time. Don't expect the same "luck" we had with Grant. It's not because he was picked that way that we'll find another starter in waivers... Acutally, it's not very probable.
*The "luck" thing is because I know there's a lot of other factors involved, good scouting, good market evaluation...

I wasn't thinking of landing a starter off waivers or by preseason trade, which is how we got Grant. Grant & Jackson are 1-2 as of now and only injuries would change that. But if Wynn, Lumpking and Sutton all fall short the Packers can obtain depth and maybe a good situational back between the opening of camp and the regular season off someone else's roster.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wasn't thinking of landing a starter off waivers or by preseason trade, which is how we got Grant. Grant & Jackson are 1-2 as of now and only injuries would change that. But if Wynn, Lumpking and Sutton all fall short the Packers can obtain depth and maybe a good situational back between the opening of camp and the regular season off someone else's roster.
Oh. Sorry, you're right. It's just that I've heard some people say that we'll PROBABLY get some very good guys in waivers, since TT is so good at that and we got Grant. And that won't happen.
But you're right, if someone gets hurt, TT is very capable of finding talent everywhere, and could get a nice backup by that. Bottom line, finding starter talent at waiver is a one in a million shot, but finding good situational players, if you have a great talent evaluator, is very possible...

Latest posts