Tyni's Draft Final Days Thread

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of having a a lot of late day 3 picks. IMO that is no different in ability than UDFAs. I'd look to package them to get more picks day 2 or at least get them all into the first hour of day 3. I would rather be better at throwing darts and hitting than throwing a lot and seeing what sticks.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of having a a lot of late day 3 picks. IMO that is no different in ability than UDFAs. I'd look to package them to get more picks day 2 or at least get them all into the first hour of day 3. I would rather be better at throwing darts and hitting than throwing a lot and seeing what sticks.

Of course which is why both of those scenarios you add a top 125 pick, with very little given up - in the second scenario you even hang on to the extra 1st rounder...talk about an in season leverage point should a hole come up or needed if you hung on to it.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That second scenario I know some would say isn't worth it but you essentially moved from 29 back to 54 while converting a 2022 2nd rounder into a first rounder and adding an additional pick at 123 while basically a Day 3 wash of picks going and coming back 5th round on.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Of course which is why both of those scenarios you add a top 125 pick, with very little given up - in the second scenario you even hang on to the extra 1st rounder...talk about an in season leverage point should a hole come up or needed if you hung on to it.
I just see more pick 200+ in the 2nd scenario than I'd be comfortable with. I'd rather target someone or two in the 180-190 range with them.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just see more pick 200+ in the 2nd scenario than I'd be comfortable with. I'd rather target someone or two in the 180-190 range with them.

Actually its a wash Day 3, arguably better with the slide up to 123, but the real value is the conversion of the 2nd to first rounder.

Start the Draft with Day 3 picks as follows:

To *denotes changes

*converts a 2022 2nd rounder into a 1st rounder
123*
248*

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm gonna go on a limb and say we will not have a 4th round pick again this year. Whether we package BOTH of them along with our 29th to move up in the first, or we use each as a pairing to our 1st/2nd/3rd picks in order to slide up a few spots each time - I could see a slide up twice I think this draft.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Along with that thought process...did a scenario similar to move to get players I like and players it appears on tendencies Gute likes:

24 - Rashod Bateman WR - Gute gets a WR for the Packer nation, explosive, crisp routes and over 6 foot...checks every GB box. We give up our 29th and 135 to move up (Similar move to the Love pick and it costs similar as well).

56 - Asante Samuel CB - Solid chance Asante goes anywhere from about 30th-62nd I believe. Just shy of measurables Gute seems to like, but so was Jaire. We grab a CB we like and can do a lot of things. We give up our 62nd and 142nd pick to make it happen...Seattle will have many suitors here given their draft capital. If I had to I'd have thrown a 6th or 5th even from 2022 for Asante at this point.

92 - Trey Smith iOL - Came to TN to play LT, and is leaving one of the most polished guards in the draft. With all the top flight Tackles gone, I grab the best OL there. Adding him could be the reason we end up seeing a position change for Jenkins.

173 - Tommy Doyle OT - A LONG wait till the end of the 5th, but we grab a Tackle with all the measurables to be a solid Tackle in the NFL...question will be how long does that take.

178 - Darrick Forrest S - Versatile safety that can do a lot of things...in the box, slot or deep. His versatility could compete for Barry's "star" or allow another to do so.

214 - Nick Niemann LB - Extremely athletic LB that fits coverage situations better than Martin or Barnes and is very aggressive in run support despite being slighter.

220 - Ta'Quan Graham iDL - Very athletic DT out of Texas that is worth a Day 3 gamble.

256 - Jared Goldwire iDL - Same as above.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts