holy cow...that was a lot of trades.

6 picks tomorrow!

WHOOOO!

we started with 7, ended with 11 total.

GO PACKERS!

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welll we needed more picks anyway I disliked the one with the Pats a lot...

We let them have Chad Jackson...

And I dont like that..

Anyway lets hope we get a real good Draft !!!

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the draft is about the only thing i trust Ted with comfortably, so i'm not too concerned. i threw a tantrum this time last year when he drafted Collins, only to realize later that i'm not a scout, and was way off base with my reaction.

what we don't know about these prospects could fill a book.

Gopackgo82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
the draft is about the only thing i trust Ted with comfortably, so i'm not too concerned. i threw a tantrum this time last year when he drafted Collins, only to realize later that i'm not a scout, and was way off base with my reaction.

what we don't know about these prospects could fill a book.

Yes, and TT reads that book..... a lot. :wink:

He's got it covered.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys gotta be kidding me. How can you say it was a great job or a sh1tty one. ESPN has graded Green Bay as one of the Day One losers. What do they know? What does anyone know? I don't like all the trading down. Pick some QUALITY not quantity. For God's sake we need day one picks not day two!

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah, lets get more day 1 guys like Ahmad carroll and BJ sander!

Because day 1 automatically means its a good match!

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
yeah, lets get more day 1 guys like Ahmad carroll and BJ sander!

Because day 1 automatically means its a good match!

So you'd rather have more day 2 picks as opposed to day 1 picks? Doesn't surprise me.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Chamuko said:
Welll we needed more picks anyway I disliked the one with the Pats a lot...

We let them have Chad Jackson...

And I dont like that..

Anyway lets hope we get a real good Draft !!!

Yeah..

That was a ******* move Chamuko...

TT should have taken Jackson...

Gopackgo82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
You guys gotta be kidding me. How can you say it was a great job or a sh1tty one. ESPN has graded Green Bay as one of the Day One losers. What do they know? What does anyone know? I don't like all the trading down. Pick some QUALITY not quantity. For God's sake we need day one picks not day two!

I like how you start out by saying that no one knows if it was a good draft or a bad draft and then you go on to say that you think it was bad.

We didn't get quality players because a few other guys were taken before our guys? The fact is that more picks means more players. More players is good. I think TT did the right thing by trading down.

Tom Brady was a 6th round pick. Tauscher was a 7th rounder. Rod Smith wasn't even drafted. There are good players in the lower rounds that we don't know about yet. Just because a player is taken with a higher pick doesn't necessarily mean the player is better than a player taken later in the draft.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ahaug82 said:
DePack said:

I like how you start out by saying that no one knows if it was a good draft or a bad draft and then you go on to say that you think it was bad.

We didn't get quality players because a few other guys were taken before our guys? The fact is that more picks means more players. More players is good. I think TT did the right thing by trading down.

Tom Brady was a 6th round pick. Tauscher was a 7th rounder. Rod Smith wasn't even drafted. There are good players in the lower rounds that we don't know about yet. Just because a player is taken with a higher pick doesn't necessarily mean the player is better than a player taken later in the draft.
:eek:wned:

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yeah..

but on the other hand..you don't know how ANY of these guys are gonna turn out...and some misguided souls are hailing TT as the second coming of Ron Wolf...

These players are rookies...you don't know how they are going to pan out in the NFL...

So DePack's point is valid...it is very unlikey you will get a Tom Brady or a Tauscher in the later rounds...

How did TT do last year in the later rounds...?

Pretty mediocre...

Gopackgo82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Yeah..

but on the other hand..you don't know how ANY of these guys are gonna turn out...and some misguided souls are hailing TT as the second coming of Ron Wolf...

These players are rookies...you don't know how they are going to pan out in the NFL...

So DePack's point is valid...it is very unlikey you will get a Tom Brady or a Tauscher in the later rounds...

How did TT do last year in the later rounds...?

Pretty mediocre...

You're right, last year's draft was a failure because the late round picks didn't make the pro bowl after one season. :roll:

They need to be coached up to be any good. 7th round picks are 7th round picks for a reason. They develop into good players after years of being in the NFL. If Tauscher was as good as he is now when he was coming out of the draft he would have been a 1st rounder.

You're right about the "you don't know how they are going to pan out" thing though, which was exactly my point in the other post.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yeah..

the funny thing is that everybody's acting as if he's picked surefire, perennial, pro-bowlers..or something...

it's funny..

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whitticker was a 7th round starter last year, and he wasnt even the worst player on the offensive line (Klemm...how i loathe him).

Gopackgo82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Yeah..

the funny thing is that everybody's acting as if he's picked surefire, perennial, pro-bowlers..or something...

it's funny..

No, we just figure that someone who evaluates players for a living knows a little bit more than people who sit on a computer in their free time and read other people's uneducated opinions about them.

I think the only player that anyone is assuming will make the Pro Bowl consistantly is A.J. Hawk. The rest of the players we are just optimistic about. We read some good things about them and we feel like they can help the team.

Believe it or not, some people don't get pissed after every move that TT makes. Some people have some room in their brain for rational thought.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yeah..

like who?

I like the Hawk pick...but then again...

that was a "no brainer"....

Gopackgo82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Yeah..

like who?

Like, everybody. Try having some optimism for once, see how that works out for ya.

For example, Jennings looks like he's going to be good. He's not bad just because he was taken after Chad Jackson and Santonio Holmes. Steve Smith was taken after Robert Ferguson, is he better than Robert Ferguson?

Time will tell if this has been a good draft or not, but we can still have some optimism and think that it is a good one until we are proven otherwise.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
ahaug82 said:
P@ck66 said:
Yeah..

like who?

Like, everybody. Try having some optimism for once, see how that works out for ya.

For example, Jennings looks like he's going to be good. He's not bad just because he was taken after Chad Jackson and Santonio Holmes. Steve Smith was taken after Robert Ferguson, is he better than Robert Ferguson?

Time will tell if this has been a good draft or not, but we can still have some optimism and think that it is a good one until we are proven otherwise.

If just one of these guys becomes something special, he will have a smile on his face but wont be cuz he is glad..will be cuz he has gas from swallowing his pride..

Mauk10

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought TT did a killer job today. Not a big fan of getting one second round draft pick for Walker though.

BairesPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
imo TT did a very good job. what else he can do? pick chad jackson? chad isnt randy moss or TO...so why not have more players whit "the same unproven nfl quality" and not just one?
btw : for the guy that wants more day 1 picks GB was the team with most picks in day 1 (5, like the Jets) and in day 2 probably will happend again.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Yeah..

it's funny..

Of his five Seattle drafts, 31 players remained on the Seahawks roster at the end of the 2004 season, with eight of those players earning all-rookie, All-Pro or Pro Bowl honors.

While with the Packers' personnel department, was instrumental in helping the club acquire free agents Reggie White, Sean Jones, Don Beebe, Santana Dotson and Desmond Howard, as well as draft picks Darren Sharper, Vonnie Holliday and Donald Driver.