TT could have made a run this year and build via the draft

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
With all of the cap room this year, the Packers could write contracts in essence that are one year deals with minimal impact to the cap in future. Understand that we would need to roll out huge signing bonuses to do this, however it is possible. This I believe is where the question of TT motives are stemming from, why not make another run at it with Brett at the helm?

My opinion of TT is that it is important to his EGO to do this his way with his players and be able to take the credit for whatever the team accomplishes.

TT has made go moves and questionable moves so far in his tenure, trying to be fair and patience till his plan is exposed (assuming there is a master plan). But one thing is apparent, win now with Brett is not in the plans.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No,actually it would be better stated that, "winning now with Brett is not in the plans....if it means sacrificing the future."

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: TT could have made a run this year and build via the dra

digsthepack said:
No,actually it would be better stated that, "winning now with Brett is not in the plans....if it means sacrificing the future."

According to MM's first press conference, "The Packers are not in a rebuilding mode, they want to win now". I'm paraphrasing but you know what I mean. I think the Packers will be very competitive next season should Favre return. I don't think all of TT's moves have been for the future.

Re-sining Henderson, Green and attempting to re-sign others like Flanny lead me to believe they are trying to, at least, be competitive right away. I hope Brett feels the same way. There is a difference between trying to win today and throwing away a ton of money.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree, he is dealing with the here and now while also casting an eye to the future. I think it is a good balance.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Curious...

that TT hasn't done much at the receiver or OL positions yet....

...wouldn't you say..???

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, gosh, 66...we still have the remainder of free agency and the June 1 cuts to look forward to. The procurement season has just begun.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

P@ck66 said:
Curious...

...wouldn't you say..???

True but we still have plenty of money left and their is time. I agree, if he leaves these position as he will have failed, but I don't think he will stand pat.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

DePack said:
P@ck66 said:
Curious...

...wouldn't you say..???

True but we still have plenty of money left and their is time. I agree, if he leaves these position as he will have failed, but I don't think he will stand pat.

Agree and Agree, This will be the final deciding factor for how TT will show how much he wants to win this year and retain Brett !!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

DePack said:
P@ck66 said:
Curious...

...wouldn't you say..???

Also

1. He re-signed Gardner, and got another young WR. I am sure there is more in the works (since its um, march 21st. Im gonna keep telling you the date in all the posts, 66, since you dont know how FA works) but I am sure Favre liked the Gardner re-sign.

2. There are NOT many good guards AT ALL in this free agency. The best one got a record setting offersheet from the vikes.

What do you want ted to do, spend 15 mil on a guy who might get beat out by Kevin Barry? Come on...

We gotta wait and see ...or we can judge ...which is...an 'interesting' approach.

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tell me DePack and 66, what WR's do you want him to sign?

What good receivers that wasn't bad people have there in this FA?

This was a bad FA for WR's.

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But some people believe that signing TO would have answered all our prayers and made us an instant superbowl contender.. lol was that a joke when you wrote this in some thread DePack or 66 (can't remember who of you wrote it)

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

GakkofNorway said:
But some people believe that signing TO would have answered all our prayers and made us an instant superbowl contender.. lol was that a joke when you wrote this in some thread DePack or 66 (can't remember who of you wrote it)

Yea...I'd have loved to get T.O. but we don't need to start another T.O. debate. Besides, I'm on the "let's give him time" in this debate.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

GakkofNorway said:
I hope you admit you were wrong about him when he takes on parcell :p

I've never had a problem admitting I'm wrong.....I've just never been wrong :shock:

I hope you on the other hand will admit you're wrong when he takes Dallas to the playoffs for the first time in years. Get ready to watch the dreaded Cowboys in the playoffs next season.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
werent the cowboys just in the playoffs the other year.

getting to the playoffs isnt a big deal for them , i dont think.

And for their sake, they better not lose a playoff game, cuz TO will throw some poor sap under the bus for that loss.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

tromadz said:
werent the cowboys just in the playoffs the other year.

getting to the playoffs isnt a big deal for them , i dont think.

And for their sake, they better not lose a playoff game, cuz TO will throw some poor sap under the bus for that loss.

You're right, I think they were a wild card a couple years ago. Being paid 10 mil next year and 25 over three has a way of keeping the sap out of things!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
except how much is guaranteed? i heard on the radio(clayton) a good number was. guaranteed money wont keep anyone clean.

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
The way the TO contract is setup it is like 3 one year contracts, the Cowboys structured the contract that he can be cut this year before preseason and they only take a 1.67 mill cap hit this year. His 10 million signing bonus is spread over the length of the contract meaning it isn't guaranteed. TO has to toe the line to get his money. So far it doesn't look like a 3 year relationship.