1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Tryout?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Croak, Oct 5, 2011.

1. Croak

Croak Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,983
    Does anybody have any idea why the Packers had a center (Colin Miller) in for tryouts on Tuesday? If I were to think of areas of need, center was not one that easily came to mind.

2. TJV

TJV Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +4,176
    Don't know for sure but my guess is they want to gather more information about him - how does he compare with practice squader Sampson Genus? If one of the interior OL go down and Dietrich-Smith has to start and Genus is (perhaps) added to the active roster, which interior OL is next in line for the practice squad? This is an ongoing and active process that Ron Wolf really emphasized and Thompson has continued - the more info they have on all the players in and out of the league, the better.

3. greenandgold

greenandgold I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan

Ratings:
    +473
    I don't know. But the way we covered all the injuries last year, I'm going to assume they know what they are doing.

4. slaughter25

slaughter25 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +211
    Better safe than sorry type deal. Never know when you could lose one or two interior lineman.