OP
B

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan said:
Heelntoe said:
Name the players...
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

FYI - I corrected the gallery

I know the top left is none other than Barty Smith. I think that is Steve Odoms next to him. I think Steve Luke and Ezra Johnson. Beyond that you have me? It could be Rich McGeorge on the bottom right. Is that Dave on the bottom left??? I am not sure.

Talk about a flash from the past!!!

Heelntoe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No more guesses??? I spose it's Friday night.

Bruce, I'll give you three, even if Steve Luke was a guess ;-) Ezra and Rich McGeorge are not pictured. "Dave" doesn't qualify... lol You got Barty Smith, tho. I thought that would be the last guy named.

Top Left: Barty Smith
Top Right: Steve Odom
Mid Left: Steve Luke
Mid Rt: ?
Btm Lft: ?
Btm Rt: ?

I guess we can assume the last player ID'd is the hardest and that member wins?

Cheesehog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mid Rt: ?Dave Purifoy(spelling?)I kept thinking Robinson but had to peek at a picture of him to find out differently about the year.
Btm Lft: ?Mike McCoy
Btm Rt: ?Dave Roller

as soon as Bruce mentioned Dave , the names came back. I was real Big into them right then. No satelite or National coverage of them on TV so I had to listen on an old am radio with x-tra "hanger wires" attached to the antenna so I could get the TMJ broadcast out of MIlwaukee down here in central Illinois. at 3:00 p.m. they would lower the radio power signal on Sundays(old fcc rule), and i would have to practically keep my ear to the speaker to finish hearing the game. This would continue for years until I finally found a sports bar with them huge satelite dishes.

I have some of them old Topps cards(not that one), the NFL would not allow them to use the Team logos unless they paid for licensing.(Yes, even back then) and the helmets were all airbrushed plain.

1977 was Ezra Johnsons first year and he played until 1991! Amazing

Cheesehog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What do you think all you Packer girls & chicks, that Barty Smith was one good lookin fellow? Huh?

Cheesehog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope I got that right?

If I did heres a Question:

To keep it Packer related, The Packer beat the Saints pretty good this year! We all know that the "G" on the Packers helmet stands for Green Bay. What is the symbol on the Saints helmet called?

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cheesehog said:
To keep it Packer related, The Packer beat the Saints pretty good this year! We all know that the "G" on the Packers helmet stands for Green Bay. What is the symbol on the Saints helmet called?

the fleur de lis

Now for my question:

Which former Packers defensive lineman is now a principal at a high school near Green Bay? Also, name the school.

Heelntoe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cheesehog said:
Mid Rt: ?Dave Purifoy(spelling?)I kept thinking Robinson but had to peek at a picture of him to find out differently about the year.
Btm Lft: ?Mike McCoy
Btm Rt: ?Dave Roller

as soon as Bruce mentioned Dave , the names came back. I was real Big into them right then. No satelite or National coverage of them on TV so I had to listen on an old am radio with x-tra "hanger wires" attached to the antenna so I could get the TMJ broadcast out of MIlwaukee down here in central Illinois. at 3:00 p.m. they would lower the radio power signal on Sundays(old fcc rule), and i would have to practically keep my ear to the speaker to finish hearing the game. This would continue for years until I finally found a sports bar with them huge satelite dishes.

I have some of them old Topps cards(not that one), the NFL would not allow them to use the Team logos unless they paid for licensing.(Yes, even back then) and the helmets were all airbrushed plain.

1977 was Ezra Johnsons first year and he played until 1991! Amazing

Yup! You got them all.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts